Preview Changes/Preview for Rd 12 Roos v Whiskers In-Goldy/Fish Emerg-Maj

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Daw was ok last week, he couldn't get first hands on the ball at stoppages which was his number one job. His follow up work and around the ground work was reasonably good.

Are you suggesting we don't pick our best side and risk losing a game because their is a possibility Maj might leave at the end of the year?

I'm not. ;)

I think this discussion is really reflective of the debate that has been ongoing since BS took charge, when do we play our young blokes to give them the experience necessary at senior level before our veterans hit the wall? This season is the best placed we have been to finish in top 4 so given we are only half way through the season should we not consider managing our veterans to be cherry ripe for the finals campaign whilst getting valuable game time into our young up and comers (not just Maj) Premierships are a long march and our veterans need to be in the spear head of our finals campaign to ensure a decisive victory, now is the time to blood the pups :footy::thumbsu:

I agree with all of that but i'd like to bank a few more wins first, hopefully in this 4 game block of difficult games.

Motlop is the exact type of player that has troubled us big time in the past.

More recently we've been better at curtailing those types of players' influence, but it will still present an issue. Will be interested to see who gets the gig, we've got a few good sized matchups for him these days.

We limit Dangerfield and Selwood, we win simple as that.
They fall off big time after those two.
I wouldn't underestimate Guthrie and Duncan is very solid, if unspectacular. But I agree their 2nd tier mids fall away dramatically. Midfield depth is where we will beat them.

Our biggest threat is Motlop if he brings his A game.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

well lets close this forum down, cause we all trust the experts.

so why do we have experts that evaluate the opposition's strengths and weaknesses, evaluate current form of our own players, if we are only going to play our first choice players, unless injured or unfit?

The point being made was that we should player younger guys instead of older ones ONLY so the older guys would be in top shape for the finals. Nothing to do with form or opposition. And I believe we have medical and fitness staff who are full-time on how best to prepare so I wouldn't a) assume resting for games is the best or only way to do it or b) make changes for that reason anyway, rather than choosing the team you think will best win games week to week.

Agree. Dumont you'd think should be on the emergencies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We limit Dangerfield and Selwood, we win simple as that.
They fall off big time after those two.
Guthrie is ranked 8th in the coaches award, he's going pretty well. Neither Duncan or Motlop are showing last years form.

For the life of me I can't see why the cats are the bookies favourites, at best evens but with Goldy in and Hawkins out I would have the Roos as favourites.

Hoping for a great game, best of luck.

For the life of me I can't see why the cats are the bookies favourites, at best evens but with Goldy in and Hawkins out I would have the Roos as favourites.

Hoping for a great game, best of luck.

With all due respect. Me neither. Our formline is better, our team is more settled and I think we have greater depth across the field. Could understand an even split but can’t understand the $2.25 that was on offer early.

you're talking like Drew, Waite and Brown are Carey Longmire (before the knee) and McAdam (in his first year)

You mean proven AFL players? Unlike Majak?

he hasn't had any senior continuity since 2014. maybe he didn't take full advantage of his previous opportunities, but maybe also some of our current tall forwards aren't taking advantage of their current opportunities.

Current tall forwards have been ok, not great in the last month. But we're winning, and you don't needlessly experiment with a winning team.

do you mean we aint gunna see Jed play this year? you know the bloke we traded a first rounder for that is yet to prove anything at AFL level, even though he has been given opportunities.

Completely different positions. None of our small forwards except for LT are established.

crickey MrJoel, every month is the most important month, every game is the most important game, are you telling me we could have lost the first 4 rnds and that would not matter as long as we win this month of footy? or is this just another we always win in 2016 when Daw plays statement.

You can't see the difference between a month where we play Geel, Haw, Adel and WCE against Stk, Ess, Carl and Rich? That you wouldn't play untried players against the good teams rather than the crap ones?

Stk, Ess, Carl and Rich

We should have taken much more advantage of this time.

Rested Goldy for a stretch, not gone with our old he's beest when we are flogging the s**t out of him.

Todd we are going to give you a bit of a spell to get you fresh for the huge month we are having from the Geelong game.

Maj we are going to give you 3/4 weeks in the seniors as a stint so that you are getting some regular game time.

Looking at the Cats forwardline, I'm guessing Thompson will go to Menzel.

Tarrant should smash Kersten and Firitto should be okay against the resting ruck.

Send McDonald to Motlop.

Hawkins is a huge out.
It's how I see it too. Wouldn't be surprised to see henderson swing forward

Wasn't it JMac?
Gibbo came off the line and got him nicely with a bump after the incident
JMac was first on the scene when Selwood was ripping his shoulder out

We should have taken much more advantage of this time.

Rested Goldy for a stretch, not gone with our old he's beest when we are flogging the s**t out of him.

Todd we are going to give you a bit of a spell to get you fresh for the huge month we are having from the Geelong game.

Maj we are going to give you 3/4 weeks in the seniors as a stint so that you are getting some regular game time.

There's a chance we may have lost two of those games without Goldy and be back with the pack. I'm glad we didn't.

Gee that sounds a bit like a certain journalist - I'll have to go back and look at the quality of Goldstein's hitouts to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back