Preview Changes/preview Round 11 v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

If Langdon is out don't be surprised to see Salo back to fill his role. Gus remains in defence. Been far too good down back to kick him out of there now.

Dunstan hasn't impressed at all when given a chance. Hopefully Viney is right to go. Assuming Harmes is another week away at least and Goody will want Melksham get to his 200th(don't think he deserves another game but what's one more in the scheme of things), I don't see too many changes other than..

IN

Viney
Salem

OUT

Langdon
Dunstan

If Salem doesn't come in this week then Baker comes in as he is the only other like for like we have for the wing. I can see us dropping at least one of the next three games. Few players look sore, a few injuries starting to mount and can't say our form has been super hot. A loss might not be the worse thing to happen, but the bye will hopefully come at a good time for us to freshen up.

Don't create 2 problems trying to fix one. If we have a stop gap wing for a week use em. Salem is a defender

Or you could play someone different on a wing and find out they are far better than a stop gap in that role, like we did with Brayshaw in defense.

Im not saying its Salem coz hes a gun down back, but I wouldnt be opposed to Neal-Bullen getting a run as a winger. Id be absolutely down for Rivers also if he was fit enough.

Or you could play someone different on a wing and find out they are far better than a stop gap in that role, like we did with Brayshaw in defense.

Im not saying its Salem coz hes a gun down back, but I wouldnt be opposed to Neal-Bullen getting a run a one. Id be absolutely down for Rivers also if he was fit enough.
I don't mind either of those suggestions ANB feels like the most like for like replacement and I think he'd actually thrive there. I mean more so I wouldn't pull apart the defence for the sake of it. Brayshaws in career best and Salem's never played wing.

I actually think Harmes would have been fun on a wing

Rivers seems the best fit if Gus is staying back. Salem, Gus, Bowey, Hunt across half back. Tomlinson would be a wild/poor suggestion to have another go on the wing, but funny he was brought over for a wing role.

Is there news on Langdon? Subbed off with “sore ribs” but had played on a bit after it happened. Was it an actual injury or just precautionary?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rivers seems the best fit if Gus is staying back. Salem, Gus, Bowey, Hunt across half back. Tomlinson would be a wild/poor suggestion to have another go on the wing, but funny he was brought over for a wing role.

Is there news on Langdon? Subbed off with “sore ribs” but had played on a bit after it happened. Was it an actual injury or just precautionary?

Goody said in his presser that he went for scans and it could be a few weeks, but will wait for results before saying anything is definite

Also I'm doubling down Fritsch is having the shittest decent season ever. He's so far down on last year but still gonna kick 40-50 goals
Feels like he gets on the end of so many easy ones. Loved the the North player giving him the Shannon Byrnes treatment straight to his chest.

Also I'm doubling down Fritsch is having the shittest decent season ever. He's so far down on last year but still gonna kick 40-50 goals

Hes hardly had any chances, created his first goal with a ripping tackle after getting a terrible kick by Trac, Norf gifted him the second and was in the right place for a Trac mung out of a centre clearance.

Gawn cut off one of his leads when he was about to mark in the third quarter and Brown spoiled him when he was about to mark in the fourth.

I though his defensive pressure was actually very good yesterday.

No coincidence Slick looks far more dangerous when hes got room to lead into when we aren't flooding our own forward line and dropping bombs into the pockets on top of the heads of our bigs.

Hes having to create most of his goals himself off the deck and with defensive pressure.

I'm not even having a go at him. If anything I'm in awe of how effective he is at how little ball he gets. It just feels like 90% of the game he's not even out there then all of a sudden he skips around 2 blokes and snaps one over his shoulder from 30. He's a ******* gun but he's also barely involved this year.

Feels like he gets on the end of so many easy ones. Loved the the North player giving him the Shannon Byrnes treatment straight to his chest.
When I seen that I wanted to msg rude saying get ****ed cause when I make a bet that hits fritta in the head and he gets stretchered off.

I think its mainly based on what we are doing right now with the game plan, clearly the emphasis is on repeat stoppages in our forward line rather than kicking a s**t tone of goals.

Wont be a bet ill be making again until I see a shift in what we are doing, lucky to come out of it with a $9 profit.

I think its mainly based on what we are doing right now with the game plan, clearly the emphasis is on repeat stoppages in our forward line rather than kicking a s**t tone of goals.

Wont be a bet ill be making again until I see a shift in what we are doing, lucky to come out of it with a $9 profit.
I reckon we are so structured in the way we play we could play Mitch Brown and Weid instead of Brown and Tmac and see almost no difference. Our talls are there to stop the oppo intercepting they very rarely change momentum. I think our wingers and HFFs are more importanr

I reckon we are so structured in the way we play we could play Mitch Brown and Weid instead of Brown and Tmac and see almost no difference. Our talls are there to stop the oppo intercepting they very rarely change momentum. I think our wingers and HFFs are more importanr

You should post on the "how can Melbourne be stopped" main board thread, I said we could still win the flag if all of Trac, Oliver and Gawn went down and it triggered knobhead Falcon and a Saints fan hard.

I know its stupid to say this but I kind of hope that happens, would enjoy the challenge and make me appreciate the wins a bit more I think, plus my ego would be out of control if we did. Falcon would have to delete his account by the time I was done with him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back