Preview Changes/Preview - Round 11 v. Walyalup (Fremantle) @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

They beat Geelong and we played like crap... Do the bookies have a time machine and know something we don't?
Like 2019 when it took half a season for people to realise we were s**t, made so much money betting against the dees.

Really surprised to see the lack of confidence here, Dees in the top four with the best % in the league, having barely lost to a resurgent Port side away on the back of a winning streak.

I think Freo are a chance but need to play our very best footy, why the negativity?

Dees clear favourites for a good reason.

Our winning stretch of 3 games has been against a rebuilding Hawks, and Swans and Cats are decimated by injuries. This week is the real litmus test for Freo.

Really surprised to see the lack of confidence here, Dees in the top four with the best % in the league, having barely lost to a resurgent Port side away on the back of a winning streak.

I think Freo are a chance but need to play our very best footy, why the negativity?

Our winning stretch of 3 games has been against a rebuilding Hawks, and Swans and Cats are decimated by injuries. This week is the real litmus test for Freo.
We haven't been playing good footy. Been getting smashed in the midfield and the forward line structure has been awful. We've beaten one top 8 team and lost to three.

The negativity is ingrained in us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

OUT: Oliver (hamstring - grapevine saying up to a month), Hunter (suspended), Hibberd (omitted)

IN: Sparrow, Woewodin, Howes

Considering we ran out of legs towards the end of last year, it feels like its time to blood another youngster and keep the side fresh.

OUT: Oliver (hamstring - grapevine saying up to a month), Hunter (suspended), Hibberd (omitted)

IN: Sparrow, Woewodin, Howes

Considering we ran out of legs towards the end of last year, it feels like its time to blood another youngster and keep the side fresh.
Wait, why on earth are we dropping Hibberd? He's been among our best for the last couple of weeks (and in the majority of games he's played this year, tbh)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah i dont get it either , I reckon its wayyy over the top. Losing to Port by 4 points in Adelaide is hardly that embarrassing - wasn't nearly as bad as our other 2 losses imo. Yeah I was really shattered but I don't think it's season over or anything.
It is annoying that we have been struggling against the better teams lately, but 1-2 against top 8 sides is still too small of a sample for this year.

Not that this game is a shoe in or anything, but I really think we're better than freo (no offence lol)

The negativity is ingrained in us.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It's just the opposite for
Dees have been s**t for 90% of my living memory. I'm so glad that those days are gone where I'd be happy with a 40 point honourable loss. I'm just *ing wrapped that we have a premiership to watch over and over again, and then afterwards i know we can go into any game and actually have a winning chance.

We ****ed now.

Hoping Goody keeps using Trac as a forward for the next month. Gotta see the plan out Simple Simon! Give it some time to work!

Gus is ready to tag his brother out of the game this week, reckon he holds him to 35 touches and 1 goal while getting 14 of his own. #winning

Trac has only played forward when Kozzy has played midfield until Friday. Goodwin clearly thought he wasn’t fit enough to play full midfield minutes. Calls into question whether a rest would have been a better idea

With Oliver now out for a few weeks I actually do see this as a great opportunity to test where we're at now.

He's only one player. This give someone like a Tom Sparrow to start showing the AFL that he's not just a bit role player but a genuine AFL midfielder that is ready to step up. I haven't rated Sparrow since his 2021 finals campaign and think he's been disappointing, but willing to back him in while Oliver is out.

It's also worth going back and watching First Crack last night on Fox Footy.

There was damning footage of our post clearence work and effort, you know the same stuff people on here have been raving about as our strength..

Guys like Oliver were getting sucked into the contest, bees to the honey pot stuff and letting Rozee and Butters simply run off them. They paid no accountability and respect to them and it was Oliver's opponent in Rozee who kicked that last goal in the dying minutes.

It sucks losing him, but it could also make us a bit more unpredictable. I'm excited.

With Oliver now out for a few weeks I actually do see this as a great opportunity to test where we're at now.

He's only one player. This give someone like a Tom Sparrow to start showing the AFL that he's not just a bit role player but a genuine AFL midfielder that is ready to step up. I haven't rated Sparrow since his 2021 finals campaign and think he's been disappointing, but willing to back him in while Oliver is out.

It's also worth going back and watching First Crack last night on Fox Footy.

There was damning footage of our post clearence work and effort, you know the same stuff people on here have been raving about as our strength..

Guys like Oliver were getting sucked into the contest, bees to the honey pot stuff and letting Rozee and Butters simply run off them. They paid no accountability and respect to them and it was Oliver's opponent in Rozee who kicked that last goal in the dying minutes.

It sucks losing him, but it could also make us a bit more unpredictable. I'm excited.
On one leg I doubt Oliver would have been able to cover Rozee to stop that goal anyway.

If Oliver understated his injury to stay on the ground, causing more injury and costing the game, that's some selfish s**t.

The Dr who sued the club had some interesting stuff to say about Goody pushing players to play injured as well.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

The next two games are non negotiables if we are going anywhere this year. I reckon Freo will win this week sadly as they’ve hit good form at the worst possible time, and our answer to Olivers injury will be to play Brayshaw on ball or something equally stupid.

On one leg I doubt Oliver would have been able to cover Rozee to stop that goal anyway.

If Oliver understated his injury to stay on the ground, causing more injury and costing the game, that's some selfish s**t.

The Dr who sued the club had some interesting stuff to say about Goody pushing players to play injured as well.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah the whole playing injured players thing is getting ridiculous, even by Goodwins standards.

Yeah the whole playing injured players thing is getting ridiculous, even by Goodwins standards.
It shows a coach that undoubtedly believes in his players, but doesn't have the confidence in his system to hold up if any components go down.

Makes you wonder if Goody's monotonous repetition of 'method', 'contest' etc is him just trying to convince himself sometimes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back