Preview Changes/Preview round 19 v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope the win doesn’t paper over the cracks of how poor some of our bottom 3-4 players were last night.

Spargo is out of form but unsure dropping him will do much, probably deserves another chance. Jordan is plain not good enough, his out on the full in the last few minutes last night after burning multiple leads really epitomises him has a player. You can’t have below average speed, below average decision making, below average disposal, average defensive ability and average height. There’s too much averageness going on.

In: Hibberd, Tomlinson
Out: Petty, Jordan

Hibberd back, Rivers to take more midfield time as others have suggested - his ability to break lines was huge last night, we need to get him more involved.

I agree with those changes but I reckon Spargo has been so poor this year, and against the Lions, that he should be axed too. Chandler or Laurie to be given a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I agree with those changes but I reckon Spargo has been so poor this year, and against the Lions, that he should be axed too. Chandler or Laurie to be given a chance.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I reckn poor little Spargo has been another victim of our poor forward structure, and loss of our aggressive play.
More speed of ball movement from our half-back line , into our front half is all Sparks needs to get involved.

He, like Pickett is no good, if we dump the ball forward on-top of his head.

In: Hibbo, Tomlinson.

Outs: Petty, got to get his back sorted out before coming back in.
: Langers, time for a rest at VFL, to reset his compass. too many short steps appearing and not getting to the contest in hope of a spillage... just a wee bit on the soft side of things.

Keep Taj in atmo. for Langers wing.

With Langdon, chances are Melksham does not take that mark at the end of the game and kicks that winning goal if he did not mark up Gunston. Who would have been third man up and punched the ball out of the marking contest.

I think they are using him as an absolute defenisve winger at this point hence his numbers look small.

I agree Petty needs to sort out his back and bring in Tomlinson. And it would be either Spargo or Chandler whichever one is in form.

Last edited:
With Langdon, chances are Melksham does not take that mark at the end of the game and kicks that winning goal if he did not mark up Gunston. Who would have been third man up and punched the ball out of the marking contest.

I think they are using him as an absolute defenisve winger at this point hence his numbers look small.

I agree Petty needs to sort out his back and bring in Tomlinson. And it would be either Spargo or Chandler whichever one is in form.
That's got less to do with Langdon and more to do with coaching.

Langers has started to put in short steps to the contest, deliberately not getting to contest in time. Mostly aerial contests.

He'll allow the opposition to mark the ball, rather than try to spoil in the air. Its becoming too frequent.

Langers has started to put in short steps to the contest, deliberately not getting to contest in time. Mostly aerial contests.

He'll allow the opposition to mark the ball, rather than try to spoil in the air. Its becoming too frequent.

Can you cite some examples of this please? This is a pretty damning accusation to make and not something I have noticed.

Time stamps would be great. Thanks.

Can you cite some examples of this please? This is a pretty damning accusation to make and not something I have noticed.

Lol, remember when pjfairbairn was told similar.

Very offensive, need time stamps 😂😂😂

I swear to god, if they push Petty to play yet again I'm gonna lose it. He's carrying multiple knocks, has been in crap form and hasn't made it through the last two games.

He's hardly essential – rest him and give him a chance to play at his full capacity when he's fit.

Should be pretty easy if it's "frequent"...

I dunno, pretty much calling a player soft but not providing any actual evidence is not great in my books.

dont take anything SH says too seriously. You'll find yourself getting upset a hell of a lot if you do.

dont take anything SH says too seriously. You'll find yourself getting upset a hell of a lot if you do.
If you read his posts in Grandpa Simpson's voice they start to make a lot more sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not doing time stamps but a general comment that I do feel since he had concussion he has pulled back a bit in his attack on the footy/man. Having had two concussions myself I'd do the same to protect myself.

I swear to god, if they push Petty to play yet again I'm gonna lose it. He's carrying multiple knocks, has been in crap form and hasn't made it through the last two games.

He's hardly essential – rest him and give him a chance to play at his full capacity when he's fit.
Agree. Pity Tomo's attitude is getting in his way of getting a game.

I'm not doing time stamps but a general comment that I do feel since he had concussion he has pulled back a bit in his attack on the footy/man. Having had two concussions myself I'd do the same to protect myself.

Not something I'd noticed, but will watch more closely now.

To be fair to him, since we got Hunter we've gone from using predominately his wing to more often using Hunter's, so is likely seeing less of the play.

He's down in disposals and metres gained, but he's actually up in tackles.

When I go thru the replays, I go thru them in detail.
I have thought it on a few occasions, so when i think that I go back and check, replay after replaying the occasions.

Yep he has fairly often this season, that I noticed. I didn't check on him last season, but thought about it last year.

A couple of times last week, one when the lions were rebounding left to right of picture, and the Lions switched into the corridor, and then they're kick went to centre-wing inside the square to a Lions mark. Langdon was ahead of the lions play and ran towards the aerial contest but ran sort of under if you will. To the side of the Lion players mark.

He could have easily got there, to the contest, but didn't, and did not run a straight-line to the contest. He has done this exact thing too many times. its subtle but it is happening.

This is why he has been known as a bit soft physically. [ a bit like Garlett... but Langers is a workhorse]. his saving grace.

Last edited:
I swear to god, if they push Petty to play yet again I'm gonna lose it. He's carrying multiple knocks, has been in crap form and hasn't made it through the last two games
I agree Scythe. I hope he gets it right, before he plays again.

When Petty first hurt his back, he was shown on the bench pointing the medics to his coccyx area. i think its back related; just my Opinion.?

He walks like it's a back issue, when he's sore. Like me.

Last edited:
as long as petty is out for the good of the club and himself. Sorry bud but your nowhere near it right now.

Yeah, agree. I felt like in his first 2 years with us he was really strong in the contest for a guy his size and would always go when he had to/win the 1v1 or make the tackle. This year, not so much. Seems tentative. He also had a significant rib injury at some point?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back