Preview Changes/Preview round 19 v Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I’d be staggered if they held Grundy over given Goodwin stated Grundy will play as a forward in the VFL. Not playing Grundy at either level would be the worst of both worlds.

Which begs the question “Why name Grundy as an emergency at all?”.

If it’s contingency for a Gawn pre game injury then it will be too late because Grundy has played the day before.

If Gawn hurt himself today then Melbourne can change their squad anyway and could’ve added Grundy when they removed Gawn. Same if it’s because Brown or JvR are doing a fitness test today.

Schache would be the one to hold over or only use for half a game in the VFL on the very small chance something happens to Gawn pregame.

So yeah, Grundy being named in the squad is a head scratcher given the timing of the VFL and AFL games.

I reckon it's purely symbolic.

Goody seems to use the emergency list to indicate who is close to selection. It's a bit of a recognition thing I think for those that are on the cusp. Given Grundy would only be 'just out' of the team it's probably that.

Goody seems to use the emergency list to indicate who is close to selection. It's a bit of a recognition thing I think for those that are on the cusp. Given Grundy would only be 'just out' of the team it's probably that.

Agreed. Plus possibly a bit of an FU to the media I reckon.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Crows are pretty good around the centre and if Tex has a good day they are hard to beat.
This will be another test for the Oliverless midfield.

Yep, shows they are still strongly considered for the best 22. All teams do it.

Strangely optimistic about this one. Reckon we win by plenty – Adelaide has been plucky this year, but they're tiring and are still a year or two away from being a legitimate finals side.

That being said, I think I've tipped us correctly 7/17 times this year, so load up on the Camries if that's your thing.

Big boy pants time, this. They’ve got a few injuries, a poor away record and are falling away. Last week means absolutely nothing if we drop this one.
Unless Adelaide come with some tactical masterstrokes that really throw Melbourne off this really should be a 50+ belting.

Seedsman used to play out of his skin against Melbourne and he’s gone.

Keays has had some big games against Melbourne and is hitting some form.

Not much to be too concerned about though.

Crows by 11 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neither Bill or Smith lining up for Casey, so one of them to be sub tomorrow.

I have been watching the VFL game.
Schache and Jefferson are miles ahead of Grundy in forward play.
Grundy doesn't seem have much idea of forward play at VFL level.
On the bright side I think he is learning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back