Preview Changes/Preview round 22 v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

My old man said 7 News just ran with a story saying it'll be Grundy and Oliver for Petty and Harmes.

No idea why we'd leak that a day ahead of teams, but yeah.

My old man said 7 News just ran with a story saying it'll be Grundy and Oliver for Petty and Harmes.

No idea why we'd leak that a day ahead of teams, but yeah.

My gut instinct was telling me that last night. back in the ARG

Im starting to feel like it will be Grundy.

He'll be on the shortest leash imaginable. Reckon if TMac had a VFL game under his belt they would have gone with him. Its now or never Brodie.

No Harmes tho, fantastic news, maybe even better news than Oliver returning.
Now we just need to fire JJ into the sun and we'll be sweet

Feel like our chances of winning drop 20-30% with Grundy playing. Forward to line suck, Max to suck, Grundy to suck and Saad to have 50 disposals

Someone woke up on the wrong side of their Canandian bed didnt they? :p

Feel like our chances of winning drop 20-30% with Grundy playing. Forward to line suck, Max to suck, Grundy to suck and Saad to have 50 disposals
Could this be the return of TK's Lab? 👀

If we do actually play him as a pure forward he'll basically just be another version of Brown. At least JVR won't have to go into the ruck at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They'll say it's to combat Carlton's pittonet and TDK but it's really because we have no other real options and to shut the media up. However if Grundy stinks it up media will just get a lot worse.

He'll be on the shortest leash imaginable. Reckon if TMac had a VFL game under his belt they would have gone with him. Its now or never Brodie.
Reckon you're spot on with the Tmac call, if it were going to be Schache it would have been this week. Grundy is just cover until Tmac is ready.

They'll say it's to combat Carlton's pittonet and TDK but it's really because we have no other real options and to shut the media up. However if Grundy stinks it up media will just get a lot worse.

As much as I hate the media talking about it I highly doubt Goody did it to shut them up, you shouldn't be coaching if you're influenced by media agenda's.

Also, I think the media talk will quieten down if Grundy does nothing, the "so unfair" narrative won't have a leg to stand on, it will prove Goody right.

Last edited:
It's the saddest story in the world. The million dollar player who couldn't get a game.

As much as I hate the media talking about I highly doubt Goody did it to shut them up, you shouldn't be coaching if you're influenced by media agenda's.

Also, I think the media talk will quieten down if it Grundy does nothing, it will prove Goody right.
It’s almost a can’t lose situation.

Grundy is competent to good as a forward - that was due to dropping him and giving him a focussed period to develop his forward craft.

Grundy stinks it up - as you said it justifies the initial decision to drop him.

It’s almost a can’t lose situation.

Grundy is competent to good as a forward - that was due to dropping him and giving him a focussed period to develop his forward craft.

Grundy stinks it up - as you said it justifies the initial decision to drop him.
There's definitely a lose. Grundy kicks 2, we lose by 30 points and get rebounded out the wazoo and everyone thinks Grundy's good forward

There's definitely a lose. Grundy kicks 2, we lose by 30 points and get rebounded out the wazoo and everyone thinks Grundy's good forward

That sounds exactly the same as what could happen with TMac tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back