Preview Changes/Preview - round 3 v Sydney - Clarry 150! JVR debut!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully we stay crap this year so both of you don’t meltdown and ragequit again like 2021. I agree Jordan is bad though offers no point of difference.

When did I rage quit in 2021? I was here the whole time. Confident we would win all our finals. Love react for the imagination Schmuttt.

Any chance we can phase Viney out of the side throughout the year?
Absolute turnover merchant that tries to take on the field with little success.

Had the opportunity to make a massive play with 100 seconds left last week.
Either he snaps a goal or he handballs to his right to Ed Langdon.
Instead he handballs to no mans land and that ended any hope, because he doesn't have football smarts.

We also have a great record (80-90% success in recent years) when he doesn't play, including those statement wins over Brisbane and Bulldogs in mid 2021.

As for the game itself this week, not expecting a win. I've seen this movie way too many times in which Sydney dominate us on our own turf.

Brayshaw onball with Harmes out?

Id assume would mean a Langdon, Hunter or Jordon would have to play back flank primarily (If Mcvee aint named)

Or is it
One of Jordon, Hunter primarily forward flank, Brayshaw back and Sparrow/Trac to take more CBAs

Brayshaw onball with Harmes out?

Id assume would mean a Langdon, Hunter or Jordon would have to play back flank primarily (If Mcvee aint named)

Or is it
One of Jordon, Hunter primarily forward flank, Brayshaw back and Sparrow/Trac to take more CBAs
I'll be annoyed if Gus is in the middle.

I'm not a Harmes fan. Too slow and with no Pickett the net speed in the centre is a bit slow.
We just have to hope that the "hitouts to disadvantage" are not too many.
Grundy needs to either shape up or look forward to a long well paid career with the Casey Demons.

Swans by 40.

Brayshaw needs to find form on HB again. I could see why they’d move him in the middle as he’s a clearance bull, but his best footy is and always will be HB. Going all the way to his first year as well when he looked like a young Luke Hodge at times.

I'm not a Harmes fan. Too slow and with no Pickett the net speed in the centre is a bit slow.
We just have to hope that the "hitouts to disadvantage" are not too many.
Grundy needs to either shape up or look forward to a long well paid career with the Casey Demons.

Swans by 40.
Can’t believe Brodie isn’t dominating after 11 months between games!!

Brayshaw needs to find form on HB again. I could see why they’d move him in the middle as he’s a clearance bull, but his best footy is and always will be HB. Going all the way to his first year as well when he looked like a young Luke Hodge at times.
Gus never looked like Luke Hodge especially not early.

Gus never looked like Luke Hodge especially not early.
That Geelong game when Max announced himself. Gus was absolutely ripping down the HBF. Big frame, bullying his way through and using the ball well. That’s the one that’s always stuck with me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That Geelong game when Max announced himself. Gus was absolutely ripping down the HBF. Big frame, bullying his way through and using the ball well. That’s the one that’s always stuck with me.
He was never a good ball user off half back, people got seduced by him doing the 55m kicks over the top to Garlett running into an open goal. He was a poor tackler early, not good ball use and didn't read it in the air early. Looked very bland early from my memory.

Dunstan works as a sub if Viney/Brayshaw/Oliver/Petracca go down with an injury, but I concede that's just about the only time. Unless there was a plan to say move Trac forward in the second half, or we're getting smacked in clearances and just want another inside midfield pest.

Interesting changes, we’re going in shorter.

I hope Grundy is able to ruck most of the game, I’d prefer to see what JVR has up forward than have him being pummelled into by experienced ruckmen.

I don’t mind Jordon in for Harmes, you have to have someone else to play a defensive mid role with Clarry and Trac in there and Harmes hasn’t been getting it done. I’d play Viney on Warner and Jordon on Gulden and make them proper shutdown jobs.

Is Laurie any actual danger of being the sub?
Good to see you 'round these parts Ingy.

Goody loves Melkshambles, so I'd say he's the most likely, though they're probably due to rotate it as he's been sub for the first two weeks.

Casey doesn't play until Sunday so won't know for sure. Can't rule it out, which is a pain for SC.

Interesting changes, we’re going in shorter.

I hope Grundy is able to ruck most of the game, I’d prefer to see what JVR has up forward than have him being pummelled into by experienced ruckmen.

I don’t mind Jordon in for Harmes, you have to have someone else to play a defensive mid role with Clarry and Trac in there and Harmes hasn’t been getting it done. I’d play Viney on Warner and Jordon on Gulden and make them proper shutdown jobs.
I want to see JVR forward too, but to be fair, Amartey is hardly a hulking, experienced ruckman. Grundy will ruck whenever Ladhams does I imagine

Is Laurie any actual danger of being the sub?
IMO reckon TMac could end up sub.

Can't see us using Grundy and JVR as the only ruck options for the whole game, there's the rumours of some doubt on May's fitness, and if Grundy is cooked or JVR not performing then TMac is the option there as well. Covers a lot of bases.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back