Preview Changes/Preview - round 3 v Sydney - Clarry 150! JVR debut!

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd forgotten how much the Facebook boomers all love McDonald. You'd think we just dropped Carey

Member when he was good 5 years ago? I member!

season 20 20x1 GIF by South Park

JVR is a strong kid, he's not going to get punked rucking.

I think there’s a very good chance a first game forward is not physically well matched up against AFL ruckmen.
We don’t have other options reslly in this game so he’ll have to do a bit around the ground but I wouldn’t really want to see him in centre bounces.

Swans only going in with Ladhams and McDonald/Amartey as second ruck but if we are playing s**t and slow dumping down the line to him he’ll struggle, but that’s not on him.

Swans only going in with Ladhams and McDonald/Amartey as second ruck but if we are playing s**t and slow dumping down the line to him he’ll struggle, but that’s not on him.
In fairness we’ve only taken 4 contested marks for the year and Gawn’s taken two of them. I’m sure if we keep kicking it high down the line to outnumber contests it’ll turn around.

I was looking at JVR today and reckon hes lost some size from last year. Anyone else think the same?
Listed as 91kg last year and 96kg this year, so has gained mass - but could be that his core strength/muscle has gone up while losing body fat maybe.

Listed as 91kg last year and 96kg this year, so has gained mass - but could be that his core strength/muscle has gone up while losing body fat maybe.

Yeah, might have just had some puppy fat last year. Looks fitter. Just not as big.

Yeah, might have just had some puppy fat last year. Looks fitter. Just not as big.
He's pretty wiry anyway I reckon. Draft year he had a bit more puppy fat on his arms but a skinny body, now he looks a bit more lean and strong. You're right though, he's not 'big' and will be interesting to see if he stays kinda lean and broad or if he becomes a big unit type.

As long as he doesnt try and bulk up the Luke Jackson way.

I think there’s a very good chance a first game forward is not physically well matched up against AFL ruckmen.
We don’t have other options reslly in this game so he’ll have to do a bit around the ground but I wouldn’t really want to see him in centre bounces.
Actually I think Roy has the better leap than Grundy, who is mistiming his centrebounce work. Grundy is better wrestling, around the ground.

He's pretty wiry anyway I reckon. Draft year he had a bit more puppy fat on his arms but a skinny body, now he looks a bit more lean and strong. You're right though, he's not 'big' and will be interesting to see if he stays kinda lean and broad or if he becomes a big unit type.
He looks to have a strong frame to build on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IF, he's 96kgs as stated, then i reckon he has room on that frame for a further 5kgs of lean muscle. especially around the shoulders, triceps, and particularly, forearms. plus legs.

Needs big forearms. Then we can call him popeye. ;)
1680589426980.png

IF, he's 96kgs as stated, then i reckon he has room on that frame for a further 5kgs of lean muscle. especially around the shoulders, triceps, and particularly, forearms. plus legs.

Needs big forearms. Then we can call him popeye. ;)
View attachment 1649793

Stop bumping the changes thread for last week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back