Preview Changes/Preview - Round 5 v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Just thought I might drop this here if anyone is interested. Our pod this week had schmuttt on as a guest and there's quite a bit of talk about Melbourne and the recent history between our two clubs.

Good luck for the weekend.. not that I think you'll need much.

I'm convinced the world will explode if TMac and BB play in the same side again. It's gonna be wet. Brown will be even more useless. Just let Koz and Fritta one out in the F50 and let then kick 8 each.
Brown is starting to get much higher up the ground, and more often this year. Leaving space behind him.

Teams are slowly coming to terms with our use of TMc. As a high half-forward. Taking marks across the centre-line is the name of the game, and others are catching on.
Drag the tall defenders away from goal, creating space for mobile players to cut loose. Picket, vRoy, Fritta, and mids pushing up.

Talls taking marks between half-back and wing, is the Dees-Knees. Get out of jail free, or out of the D50 free. Then kick forward to free options forward.

If it is going to heavily rain during the game then rest Lever and don't bring Brown back in.

A forward line of JVR, McDonald and Petty (for talls) is perfectly suitable for those conditions.

I would think that Tomlinson, Jordan and Laurie will be the candidates to come back in. Really hope Laurie can take this chance, if selected, he had a bit of a flat 1st game I thought.
Petty, I think will play back this week. I think he played defence last week in the last Qtr. In prep for this match.

Hibbo is already ruled out with injury.

Howes is way too light to play as a proper defender at AFL level.

With his current level of physical development at AFL level he’s a winger only, or if desperate due to mass injuries in the backline as an attacking half back flanker for mine.
I wasn't calling for him to play halfback. It would need to be a half-forward rotation, if at all.

And at 82Kgs he's approaching that AFL level. It's just he's 6'3"... he plays small, so could get a call up, at the right moment. Say if Fritta got injured, or one of our other small half-forwards.

Just thought I might drop this here if anyone is interested. Our pod this week had schmuttt on as a guest and there's quite a bit of talk about Melbourne and the recent history between our two clubs.

Good luck for the weekend.. not that I think you'll need much.
I listened at work today, very enjoyable! Well done to all involved :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Screenshot_20230413_182348_AFL.jpg

Ice Cube What GIF

Reckon some of you blokes might be overcooking the rain factor - almost always happens.

On Saturday the forecast is saying low chance of rain from about 10am to 6pm. Might get some rain near the end of our game, but at this stage this may not be much of a 'wet' game.

B31A28EC-2FF7-420A-B810-BF87386BF152.jpeg

Stuffed if I know why they’d go to a taller, less mobile side given the weather forecast.

Essendon are going with a small forward line too.

At least the emergencies have some late change options that are all more mobile than Brown and Tomlinson.

Baffling on the surface of it.

I don't mind tomlinson in he's actually been okay, probably unlucky to get dropped. Looks like petty will go back, hopefully he has regained some confidence, but essendon forwards aren't that threatening. BBB he has been doing okay goal wise but some of it seems a bit flukey. Can't be relying on lucky bounces and snaps from the boundary, needs to be clunking them or making a contest which has been lacking.

If we assume that Petty goes back (which will certainly happen if the selected 22 stays) then it’s just the same structure as rounds 1 and 2 with three talls forward and three talls back.

They ran with a two genuine tall and one medium tall backline against Sydney and West Coast. It seemed to work fine.

Now confronted with Essendon’s forward line which is shorter than Sydney and West Coast’s, and likely slippery conditions they want to revert to three genuine tall backs.

That’s the confusing bit for mine.

If May is going to take Stringer, then it starts to make a bit more sense.

Only rain I see forecast for Adelaide... is Dees raining GOALS, amirite?!? Of course I am, I'm always right!

Big Man Benny Brown, very happy to see you back! I smell BIG BAG OF SAUSAGE, so many goals!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back