Preview Changes/Preview - Round 6 ANZAC Day Eve v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Love this split personality story line - I really didn't see it coming

I always thought we needed a detective to get to the bottom of this
fight club GIF

Would love to see Petty kick 5 and work really well with Frisch and JVR up there. It would heap pressure on Brown to play reserves and have days out to force his way back in. The only issue is the importance of Lever, in the sense that his dependence might be grossly underrated in that if he misses we really struggle. So if he gets injured Petty would have to play back, meaning Brown or McDonald is pushed in irrespective of form.

Maybe McDonald will benefit for a month of VFL and kicking goals before he is considered. I was happy to see Goodwin omit him this week, it does show that he has the flexibility drop him based on form. Even having Grundy / Gawn getting around is a handful. Whilst Grundy isn’t a great mark, if he halves contests and we get what we need from our smalls, we are already looking better. I’d simply love to see a lot more pressure in the form of tackling etc to kill opposition defensive run.

Richmond
North Melbourne
Suns
Hawks

We absolutely should be 7-2. It also gives us a month to run the Petty up forward approach and leave BB and TMac in the reserves if things are working. The bigger test comes after that;

Port
Fremantle (ignore that as a test)
Carlton
Collingwood
Bye
Geelong

So we get a good 4 weeks now to get a good butchers at life without BB and TMac.

Mod hat on:
First rule of the Dees board is don't be flogs to each other: Mod. Notice - UPDATED Melbourne Board Rules 08/2021

That goes for pass-agg and agg-agg posts. We're all nuffies here; whether you're right or wrong is ultimately irrelevant. Unless all the alts are Goodwin/Yze/Chaplin then whatever we post is ultimately worthless to what happens with the team. That's not to say don't discuss, or do so passionately, but accept that at the end of the day whether you're right or wrong on BF has no actual value in the real world (or here tbh, there's no prize for being most right about whatever we're posting about).

If someone is annoying take break and do something else for a bit. If they're being a real a-hole breaking rules and being abusive let a mod/admin know and we'll tidy things up (noting that we have lives outside BF too so it won't always be immediate).

again, don't be flogs to each other.

Would love to see Petty kick 5 and work really well with Frisch and JVR up there. It would heap pressure on Brown to play reserves and have days out to force his way back in. The only issue is the importance of Lever, in the sense that his dependence might be grossly underrated in that if he misses we really struggle. So if he gets injured Petty would have to play back, meaning Brown or McDonald is pushed in irrespective of form.

Maybe McDonald will benefit for a month of VFL and kicking goals before he is considered. I was happy to see Goodwin omit him this week, it does show that he has the flexibility drop him based on form. Even having Grundy / Gawn getting around is a handful. Whilst Grundy isn’t a great mark, if he halves contests and we get what we need from our smalls, we are already looking better. I’d simply love to see a lot more pressure in the form of tackling etc to kill opposition defensive run.

Richmond
North Melbourne
Suns
Hawks

We absolutely should be 7-2. It also gives us a month to run the Petty up forward approach and leave BB and TMac in the reserves if things are working. The bigger test comes after that;

Port
Fremantle (ignore that as a test)
Carlton
Collingwood
Bye
Geelong

So we get a good 4 weeks now to get a good butchers at life without BB and TMac.
After the Bombers game, I'm thinking we can't take any game for granted. The GC game in particular looks like it could be a tough challenge. Tigers still capable. Maybe more dangerous with a few out, makes them less predictable and after last week are we vulnerable? Should win all 4, but could possibly drop a couple too.

But you're right. We need to get our F50 sorted. It's all over the place. Thankfully BB and TMac are out, but does that create other issues having JVR playing on the best tall defender? Petty hasn't looked like it so far this season. Does he come good or does he create another headache? We move the ball well from stoppages and from defence and it shouldn't matter. Mobile forwardline could be our best bet as long as we are lowering the eyes. Was more worried about our backline last week. It looked totally lost. Mids need to work hard this week. Need to bring that manic pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the Bombers game, I'm thinking we can't take any game for granted. The GC game in particular looks like it could be a tough challenge. Tigers still capable. Maybe more dangerous with a few out, makes them less predictable and after last week are we vulnerable? Should win all 4, but could possibly drop a couple too.

But you're right. We need to get our F50 sorted. It's all over the place. Thankfully BB and TMac are out, but does that create other issues having JVR playing on the best tall defender? Petty hasn't looked like it so far this season. Does he come good or does he create another headache? We move the ball well from stoppages and from defence and it shouldn't matter. Mobile forwardline could be our best bet as long as we are lowering the eyes. Was more worried about our backline last week. It looked totally lost. Mids need to work hard this week. Need to bring that manic pressure.
If we can get the ball in there with lowered vision and hit targets, as well as tackling like men possessed when we don’t have possession, then we are a fair way ahead of our standard already. May had a bad game last week. Levers absence is huge. And Gawn is Gawn.

You’re right re danger games, but I think we will look a lot better tomorrow with our ins.

If we can get the ball in there with lowered vision and hit targets, as well as tackling like men possessed when we don’t have possession, then we are a fair way ahead of our standard already. May had a bad game last week. Levers absence is huge. And Gawn is Gawn.

You’re right re danger games, but I think we will look a lot better tomorrow with our ins.
Hibberd to Dusty?

Hibberd to Dusty?
Hibberd normally does a good lock down job on whoever he gets. Most of the time. I don’t think Martin will be a huge focus for us. If he is looking dangerous he might get some attention but that comes with whoever plays on him paying attention if Richmond starts whipping us from HB and keeping the ball away from our zone.

But purely from a lock down perspective, Hibberd looks the best to ‘tag’ him per say.

Hibberd normally does a good lock down job on whoever he gets. Most of the time. I don’t think Martin will be a huge focus for us. If he is looking dangerous he might get some attention but that comes with whoever plays on him paying attention if Richmond starts whipping us from HB and keeping the ball away from our zone.

But purely from a lock down perspective, Hibberd looks the best to ‘tag’ him per say.
I think we played McVee on him in the praccy game didn't we? Could be an interesting watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back