Preview Changes/Preview - Round 6 ANZAC Day Eve v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I love Oliver, I'm just genuinely curious what we'd look like. Whether the rest of the lazy campaigners we pay show up if Clarry's out, what the coaches come up with etc.
Would Dunstan even need to come In though? Like surely Gus, Petracca , Viney, Sparrow, fk even Rivers is enough to cover him?

"MOST can't handle 9-5 5 times a week" lol this is just an absolute crock of s**t
I'm 23 , I'm a full time fully qualified plumber and all my mates are either full time working, or working part time and studying so they can full time work . I literally don't know a single person who doesn't have these aspirations.
Also just on players moving back home, shits been happening forever as well, it's nothing new.

This lewwrong generation crap cycle has been going on since the dawn of time. Your parents and grandparents generation most likely said it about yours. And now I'm hearing the same from my generation about "today's kids" , which I also think is just bullshit, they're just kids ffs

Anyway, probably gonna cop a baragge of dislikes for but I don't care, just saying what I think.
Nah, this generation is soft af. Computer games have become far too good to go out and work hard for most of them. Plus parents my age are soft af too. Covid hasn't helped with a lot getting use to sitting at home. It's a fn struggle getting my Year 8 to school everyday! You must have some hard working mates, most people i know who has a business or is running a company can't get young folk to work or do the job right. We just had to sack a teacher for taking too many sick days already this year and it's Term 1! All CRT's we get in at school are old. No young teacher wants to work more than 2 or 3 days. It's a massive problem.

Yeah well old campaigners like me ****ed that generation anyway. I'm not giving up my negatively-geared investment property and I'm not renting it out for anything approaching a reasonable amount either.
Wouldn’t be a Melbourne thread without a negatively geared investment. Got your cash refunds from your franking credits as well?

Viney could do the Oliver role and feed handballs out, it might actually make our midfield more balanced without Oliver being in there. I dont see it being the massive drop off others might.
Viney's hands are nowhere near as quick as Olivers. Petracca deserves far more stick this year than Oliver if we insist on pinning the blame on one of them. In reality, our defence has been shithouse for the first time in years and our tall forwards continue to not make a consistent impact as a group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hoping that the guy who is on track to be the best player in our Club's history doesn't play so we can 'see how we go without him'?

This board has peaked.
He's saying he'd like to see how the midfield balance changes without a dominant figure taking over and being the number one target all game. Very much in the same way people wondered how our mids would look without Gawn at times etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Clearly not what he ment nuffie. There's a thread for nuffies where we post oppo supporters when half you blokes deserve to be there weekly. He's saying he'd like to see how the midfield balance changes without a dominant figure taking over and being the number one target all game. Very much in the same way people wondered how our mids would look without Gawn at times etc.
Rude said "got a feeling it wont be much different" - that's a little different from seeing how Oliver being out would affect the midfield mix

Rude said "got a feeling it wont be much different" - that's a little different from seeing how Oliver being out would affect the midfield mix
Yes because when you have the supposed best midfield in the league as so many people here claim, it shouldn't fall apart with 1 guy missing. That's not a good midfield then.

Can't have it both ways. I think we have easily enough players to cover Oliver's inside game.

We have depth galore with inside mids, Richmond are garbage at clearance. This is what I mean by "got a feeling it wont be much different". Hardly going to cost us this week.

After last week Id much rather Oliver miss than Lever.

Richmond have gone a little under the radar imo only one win for the season. (I only really took notice for freo watch). We shouldn't just be winning this game, we should be pumping Richmond.

Admittedly I thought the same about essendon but essendon have been ticking along okay.

We have depth galore with inside mids, Richmond are garbage at clearance. This is what I mean by "got a feeling it wont be much different". Hardly going to cost us this week.

After last week Id much rather Oliver miss than Lever.
No I'll tell you what you mean 😂 "Oliver is s**t"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back