Preview Changes/Preview - Round 6 ANZAC Day Eve v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Interesting that McDonald is listed as 'omitted' and is now not even an emergency (Schache is)
Maybe they want McDonald to play a full game in VFL on Sunday. If that's the case there's no point him being named as an emergency as he certainly can't back up the next day if required.

I think Schache will either miss the VFL game or play very limited minutes, and then he will be the tall emergency for Monday.

I am surprised Laurie didn't come straight in for Spargo.

Dunstan to me is the worst option (potentially on the list, aside from a pure ruck I guess) as the sub. He's not quick. He's a midfielder only. He's a grinder who could have value if Viney or Oliver were unavailable but only if he plays as a main mid from the start of the game.

I can't see Turner being a sub.

Schache could be a maybe for sub because at least he's flexible, but odds are if someone gets injured it's going to be a small just based on numbers of smalls in a team vs. talls. If they want to change up the team mix mid game they are likely to sub out a tall, so again no point having a tall as a sub.

That leaves Laurie as the likely sub for mine.

Maybe they want McDonald to play a full game in VFL on Sunday. If that's the case there's no point him being named as an emergency as he certainly can't back up the next day if required.

I think Schache will either miss the VFL game or play very limited minutes, and then he will be the tall emergency for Monday.
Makes sense, though emergencies always come from the squad of 26 named unless there's an injury, so it just seemed strange

I think that Tom McDonald needs to go back to the VICTORIAN FOOTBALL LEAGUE to work on his TICKLING TECHNIQUE. I find that when he TICKLES that the opposition players just arenā€™t giggling and smiling as much. He needs to work the armpits more at the LOWER LEVEL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like to see a lot more of Petty up forward. Genuinely like him up there. I guess if Hibberd could slot into the backline and play a role whilst rotating with Bowey, and if the Petty forward position works with JVR and Fritsch, then thereā€™s no great urgency for Brown or McDonald.

Clearly we will be playing two ruckman, so Grundy likely rests forward and vice versa. To be fair, with both Max and Grundy thereā€™s not room for McDonald or Brown. Need a lot more pressure within the 50 than slower legs.

Petty had better find some form soon, he's looked all at sea since his trial up forward earlier this year. Not sure swapping him between forward/back is doing him any favours, choose a position and leave him there to settle in.

Petty had better find some form soon, he's looked all at sea since his trial up forward earlier this year. Not sure swapping him between forward/back is doing him any favours, choose a position and leave him there to settle in.
Looked s**t in defence before he went forward but I agree just leave him forward for 6 weeks

Like the changes. Interesting to see whether Richmond's best KPD goes to van Rooyen or Gawn (Fritsch aside).

Hope it's Rivers through the middle more than Brayshaw with all those small/mid defenders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back