Preview Changes/Preview - Round 9 v Hawthorn (Steven May 200th)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A tough game on the GC. Maybe some sore bodies - Hawthorn are going the tank so giving a rest might be a good idea. Would be ok with Hibb missing again, Disco was rusty (and playing on a much bigger opponent) but would be good to give him a couple of games to settle.

JVR might miss with the clothesline. Hopefully not, but would go Schache if he's out. Or we could go for Spargo and a smaller setup? Should get the little bloke in.

We did make a scrap of our game v Hawthorn last year. Need to be wary of taking them too easily. But also, they're proper shithouse this year so hopefully we pay them back for all the floggings they dished out to us for the best part of a decade.

Discuss.

Petty - out. No more chances, go find form in the VFL.
May should be out but his name is Steven May. Been poor for weeks.

I want Spargo and Hibbo back in.

IN: Spargo, Howes
OUT: Turner, Jordon

Neither Schache or Brown deserve a call up after today (unless JVR gets rubbed out)
Probably swap Hibbo for Howes if he's right to go.

Can someone please explain what Jordan brings to the team above Harmes?

Need Harmes and Spargo in the team. Also, Petty needs to be in the backline - ridiculous we’ve played around with our strength down back and the chemistry they’ve had.

Visceral reactions:

Steven may have to gagf - stop losing your feet in marking contests

JVR - see you in 12 months, the most ugly thing ever seen on a football field. We need to get this THUG out of the CLUB.

Salem - witches hat again, delist.

Harmes - SUPER SUB FLUB 👀

Petracca - didn’t higher his eyes enough today 🚮

Gumby - worst episode ever, bring back pokey

Viney - he may be A RISING STAR 💫👀

Lever - 🧔‍♀️ 👀

Brayshaw - 🫡

Gawn - could he be THE BEST SET SHOT IN THE AFL? NO. 🚮

Hunter - Jayden was back to his old brainfarting self tonight AND WE LOVED IT 😍

Oliver - WRHOG 💩 🧑‍🦰

Clangdon - I like that he stopped clanging as much tonight 👌 I didn’t like that his strategy to do this was to not TOUCH THE BALL! 👎🏻

Bowey - BOW WOW YIPEE YO YIPPEE YAY

Jim Jones - drank the koolaid ☠️

Rivers - will miss out his 4th RISING STAR NOM 🚮🗑

ANB - needs to change his name to BAN 🚮🗑

Fritsch - another cassowary killed on a Queensland road trip 🦚 🔪 🩸 🪦

Swallow - sadly flew into a window 🪟 🐦🚮

Petty - I’M RUNNING DOWN A DREAM 🗑🚮🔪🩸🪦

Pickett - we might only get 16 first round draft picks after that handpass 🚮🗑

Chaminda - 🇱🇰 🏏🚮🗑👀

Judd - worst game of his career, THE OLD GREY MARE AINT WHAT SHE USED TO BE.

McVee - has joined anonymous 🚮🗑

Disco - COULD HE HAVE HAD TOO MANY 🪩 💃 🍪 ? 👀

Out: Everyone

In: 2004 MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB.

suspended, GTFOH
He’ll get rubbed for the clash in Q4, pretty clear based on how the league is ruling. Reckon it’ll be 2 weeks - careless/high contact/high impact.

He’ll get rubbed for the clash in Q4, pretty clear based on how the league is ruling. Reckon it’ll be 2 weeks - careless/high contact/high impact.
Absolutely 0 chance he gets 2 weeks. I reckon he'll be unlucky to get 1 tbh.

Absolutely 0 chance he gets 2 weeks. I reckon he'll be unlucky to get 1 tbh.
Tackles that don't get paid frees have been getting fellas suspended for a week. A whack to the head which concussed an opponent (even without malice, just sloppy) gets one week at least.
I don't agree with it, but that's how the MRO is going atm

Tackles that don't get paid frees have been getting fellas suspended for a week. A whack to the head which concussed an opponent (even without malice, just sloppy) gets one week at least.
Tom Lynch might not agree...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t surprise me if JVR got suspended given how rubbery the AFL are around head high contact. But we’d all be calling for JVR’s head if he didn’t make a contest out of that.
I'm not sure it was a high bomb into the pocket with no Melbourne player in sight, we are pretty use to that by now and blame it on the kicker. Well at least for me I'd be blaming the kicker.

If the MRO cites that them this game is beyond ****ed. You see that action at least 10 times a game, was just unlucky that on this particular occasion the fist didn't connect with the ball and he clotheslined the poor bloke.

Was Ballard actually concussed from the JVR collision?
Post game reporting on Fox suggests they were actually checking for a neck injury from it…either way not good

If the MRO cites that them this game is beyond ****ed. You see that action at least 10 times a game, was just unlucky that on this particular occasion the fist didn't connect with the ball and he clotheslined the poor bloke.
Given how tetchy they are around hits anywhere near the head it's a given it at least gets cited. I'd expect a week, maybe we can appeal and get him off. Have a look at how many 'dangerous tackles' have been looked at for suspensions in the last 2-3 weeks (and what those tackles actually were). At least for the moment the AFL is not having a bar of anything that risks any sort of head knock/injury.

May is surely carrying a niggle, right?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Been Ordinary all season. Not sure what's up with him. Father time come early? Quite amazing we're top with our talls mostly struggling. Petty needs a spell or be moved back permanently. He looks lost as a forward. Turner looked completely out of his depth. Disappointing as he's looked solid at VFL level. TMac and Brown wallowing at Casey. Roo competing but struggling. Need a few talls to stand up.

Petty - out. No more chances, go find form in the VFL.
May should be out but his name is Steven May. Been poor for weeks.

I want Spargo and Hibbo back in.
Who exactly do you want in defence hahaha, you’d kick out our two best key backs?

Who exactly do you want in defence hahaha, you’d kick out our two best key backs?
Yep I said I wanted May out... Wait, I didn't? I said he had been in poor form for weeks, do you disagree? He stays in because he is supposed to be our number one defender.

I'd kick Petty out because he has been playing forward for weeks and has quite frankly been not good enough. And before that, he was in bad form in the backline. So yes, the bloke is in a rut and needs to find form in the twos. I rate him, but enough is enough.

To answer your question: I want Hibbo in for Turner.

Yep I said I wanted May out... Wait, I didn't? I said he had been in poor form for weeks, do you disagree? He stays in because he is supposed to be our number one defender.

I'd kick Petty out because he has been playing forward for weeks and has quite frankly been not good enough. And before that, he was in bad form in the backline. So yes, the bloke is in a rut and needs to find form in the twos. I rate him, but enough is enough.

To answer your question: I want Hibbo in for Turner.
May should be out but his name is Steven May .

I don’t know how else to read this. Anyway, Hibberd in if for of course. We have some defensive headaches coming up with him and May near the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back