Unofficial Preview Changes/Preview: The Premiers vs The Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I don't

Cloke can FF/CHF so I'd love to see him Boyd and Roughy all together.

Redpath only FF imo. Would hate to see him risk himself as a pinch hitter in the ruck and put his knee in jeopardy.
Given that our offensive game is just to bang the ball inside 50 almost every time I would have them all in there two .

(Insert gif of Redpath destroying a Collingwood player here)
Had it in my sig but seems image not available? :(

lunapic13614295016891.gif

I've heard that for tonight's game Redpath is under strict instructions to have no direct influence on the game unless it's really unavoidable.

Rather, he is to complete a series of 3/4 sprints -running between Darling and Shuey.

Now we all know that the sight of a charging Redpath can cause involuntary flinching in opposition players.

Apparently the club is keen to test a scientific suspicion that a charging Redpath may possess a laxative effect on Opposition players.

Dr Gutsdroppa believes Darling maybe particularly susceptible tonight. "We are a little concerned" the Dr said "but we believe he has wisely decided to wear a diaper during tonight's game"

I reckon Webb is ready to come into his own at AFL level. He's been working hard on his game for a couple of years and is consistently in the bests in the seconds.

Great competitor, strong overhead and best of all... beautiful kick (thank god!)

With Red being included, I do not want to see Adams on the forward line tonight

How brittle do we look without Morris as well when Adams goes forward. Cordy shouldn't even be in the side, he's lost down there. I'd rather see them stick Cordy up forward as opposed to Adams, if they really had to stick one of them down there. At least big Red will have a lot of space to lead up into at Subi

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cordy shouldn't even be in the side, he's lost down there

IMO Cordy is more of a swing man type player who can play forward and back in a supporting role. Never a KPP though

Cordy is a gun and developing beautifull.
like some others - I believe he may be a natural forward - particularly for our style. His crash thru attack into flying packs brings the ball to ground - where we want it.

His role during last years finals series was perfect. I will never forget when he kicked that first goal in the grand final from the boundary - the roar was incredible and it kick started the win.

I love the idea of Having Red and cordy rampaging in our forward line. You can see that little panic in defenders when they are in the vicinity.

This is the crucial component to winning tonight. If Red and Cordy can get 3-4 goals between them - 3-4 big tackles and 3-4 busted packs then our small brigade can finish them off in the clinches.

Otherwise, I suspect we are in big trouble.

Because it'd be a six day break.

Bevo also said in his presser he will be contacting the VFL coaching crew on Saturday re roles for players and TOG. If we pull an injury or 2 from this game he wants to manage potential promotable players time on ground so they are in fact available next week.

Dickson being spelled seems a given inclusion. Wallis will probs play specified minutes and is nigh on certain for next week I guess. Rough is the one I'm keen to see on Saturday.

With Red being included, I do not want to see Adams on the forward line tonight
I absolutely do. Seeing two actual pack crashing big bodied forwards in our forward line for once would be brilliant. Both compliment each other well and kick pretty straight at goal too.

Keeps us short down back but we need to dominate the middle and if we do that's not gonna be a problem if we don't we're screwed either way. Can always send Adams back anyway.

Its something I'd like to explore even more when Moz comes back

Perks of redpath is that he is a key forward and we can risk bringing him in quicker than expected. Doesn't need to cover a lot of ground (in terms of if we brought wallis in straight away)

Is there a sneaky chance that Redpath has just flown to Perth to have the weekend off (rest) with the boys and NOT play at all?

I love big Red but gee Bevo is rolling the dice big time on him (he looks good but the fact is he's had 10 months out, and ONE game very low ranks). I hope I'm very, very wwwwrrrong.

Is there a sneaky chance that Redpath has just flown to Perth to have the weekend off (rest) with the boys and NOT play at all?

I love big Red but gee Bevo is rolling the dice big time on him (he looks good but the fact is he's had 10 months out, and ONE game very low ranks). I hope I'm very, very wwwwrrrong.
Hamilton coming in for Redpath will blow up social media

Who would you play in our forward line ahead of Redpath right now with Cloke, Stringer, Dickson, Crameri all out and Boyd forced to play number one ruck with Roughead out. Even massively underdone, hes simply the best option we have.

We need to replicate what we did to Port last year in Adelaide.
We lowered our eye's and hit up really short targets in the forward line. We never bombed it long. Redpath played as the traditional leading FF and was hit up time and time again and converted everything from 35 to 50 out. His best game for the Club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back