Preview Changes & Preview Thread for Showdown 55

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be a long week, and if we lose.
The next week will be even longer.
To be honest, I can’t wait for it.

If we win - brilliant, we knock off our hated rivals in front of their own fans and get to bask in that. Awesome.

If we lose - it just further exposes us as the flat-track frauds most people think we are, and the pressure dial on Hinks gets turned up.

Either way, I can’t lose. Bring it on.

Yes. He is sh$t
But a good example of how a genuinely fast small forward can make a huge difference in this rolling scrum rubbish ball game the afl has degenerated into
I'm going to have get in on the thumbs down pile on ya.

I was kinda thinking he was the in form small forward of the comp.

And I was kinda thinking that all of the trading scenarios I dream up with Kosi Pickett might have to move over to Bobby Hill.

I don't know if they say it anymore but he's deadly.

All I want to see this week is no trash talking from the players during the week as to how much we hate them.

Sick of players talking the talk and not backing it up on game day. Burton was the prime example last year.
I agree. Can they please keep their ******* mouths shut.

To be honest, I can’t wait for it.

If we win - brilliant, we knock off our hated rivals in front of their own fans and get to bask in that. Awesome.

If we lose - it just further exposes us as the flat-track frauds most people think we are, and the pressure dial on Hinks gets turned up.

Either way, I can’t lose. Bring it on.

He’s got the injury excuse now, so you, (we) all lose.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

On face value it looks like another poorly timed showdown, where we are ripe for the picking again.

The crows got us twice last year after Collingwood beat us up, and the second time we had flu and players knocking each other out in the first quarter.

We were genuinely awful in both those games, especially the second one but there were some factors that made things harder for us.

And these injuries are significant, we are up against it and we generally play s**t in these games at full strength.

The one thing I’m clinging on to is that I think Allir has actually been poor for a lot of this year anyway and SPP has barely fired a shot, so they might not be as significant losses as they seem.

Rozee out sucks massively though, midfield is the one area we should be exploiting the crows. Soldo hurts too, but I thought Sweet did okay.

Maybe in some weird way the injuries are a good thing for us because we don’t handle showdown pressure, and maybe with our injuries we might not feel as much pressure to win and we will perform better.

The decision to not play any of Burton, clurey, and mcentee in the sanfl on sat night was the right one. Whilst they didn’t get the opportunity to press their case, the turnaround is too short, and we don’t have many other options, so the fresher they are the better.

I'm going to have get in on the thumbs down pile on ya.

I was kinda thinking he was the in form small forward of the comp.

And I was kinda thinking that all of the trading scenarios I dream up with Kosi Pickett might have to move over to Bobby Hill.

I don't know if they say it anymore but he's deadly.
Hill has kicked 9 goals in 7 games this season. What a gun. With a bit of work he might be able to catch up with Dbj who has 10, or the mighty Ben Keayes with 11 & Rankine 13.

My point was we need a small fwd with genuine speed, we have recruited 2 flyweights with speed & we should use one of em.

Hill has kicked 9 goals in 7 games this season. What a gun. With a bit of work he might be able to catch up with Dbj who has 10, or the mighty Ben Keayes with 11 & Rankine 13.

My point was we need a small fwd with genuine speed, we have recruited 2 flyweights with speed & we should use one of em.
Are you talking about Anasta and Charleson because I would be down with that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On face value it looks like another poorly timed showdown, where we are ripe for the picking again.

The crows got us twice last year after Collingwood beat us up, and the second time we had flu and players knocking each other out in the first quarter.

We were genuinely awful in both those games, especially the second one but there were some factors that made things harder for us.

And these injuries are significant, we are up against it and we generally play s**t in these games at full strength.

The one thing I’m clinging on to is that I think Allir has actually been poor for a lot of this year anyway and SPP has barely fired a shot, so they might not be as significant losses as they seem.

Rozee out sucks massively though, midfield is the one area we should be exploiting the crows. Soldo hurts too, but I thought Sweet did okay.

Maybe in some weird way the injuries are a good thing for us because we don’t handle showdown pressure, and maybe with our injuries we might not feel as much pressure to win and we will perform better.

The decision to not play any of Burton, clurey, and mcentee in the sanfl on sat night was the right one. Whilst they didn’t get the opportunity to press their case, the turnaround is too short, and we don’t have many other options, so the fresher they are the better.

A pretty good summation of our current predicament. You mention the 3 players, Burton, Clurey & McEntee, who did not play on Saturday night and then there was Findlayson, who couldn’t play and Evans, who did play - and his efforts surely should be rewarded. Let’s also not forget Mead who was Friday nights sub and should be upgraded
So 4 vacant positions and 6 possible replacements.
So the outs are SPP, AA and the captain, the ins being from those 6 named players.
Edit. One of the 2023 recruits could also be considered? Alphabet or Lorenz?

Last edited:
This has got loss written all over it. They will simply play harder than we do.

Follow that up with a loss at Geelong and the pressure starts to increase again….Ken wouldnt want a repeat performance of our ‘22 game at home v Hawks.

Looking forward to Tex kicking them out of arse from everywhere whilst the cameras zoom in on Marshall saying ‘$uck’ after yet another easy miss.

Expecting JHF to play a blinder.

Showdown performances are 75% between the ears, even with the 3 major outs if you put wet toast jumpers on that tingle line up and play it anywhere else Port win by 5 goals plus.

Given the overall disparity between the quality of both teams any half decent coach would get us over the line 9 times out of 10, but alas we don't have that commodity, and like others I would also swap Nicks for kern.

With hinkley's everything is scary BS I'm tipping an error ridden and therefore very tight game, with the result less than 12 points either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back