Preview Changes/Preview v Brions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What will we do about Zorko and Neil, their engine room, and Cameron ffs? Marley can have first crack at Cameron but it’s in the middle where we may have issues if we’re not on top in clearances. Send Jacobs to Lourdes asap! In lieu of that I presume Jed will take on one of Zorko and Neil. It’s going to be a challenge.

Jacobs can go to Lourdes after he completes the one-legged hop of the Camino de Santiago.

Look, that loss on Saturday was very hard to take for me. Incredibly hard. I can only imagine what it did to the players. I am no sport psychologist, but would say it is very likely that we could get absolutely slaughtered this week. Major let down is likely IMO.
If Shaw can prevent that from happening, good on him.

To be honest, although I try and take a fairly “zen” approach to things once the game is over, the truth is I was insufferable to everyone who attended the match with me throughout the game, from ten minutes in up until Thommo took that mark in the last and kicked it to BBB. Up until then, I was rancid because I could see our intensity was down from recent weeks - aside from Zurhaar. There were no massive hits from Jed and Jack. No long handballs from Cunners. No slick moves from Jy. Having said that, we stayed in the game and nearly won it. I fully expect all those missing factors to be in play against Brisbane. The odds are against us but I believe we’ll match up well on them. I don’t believe they’ll tag Ben either

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Going on Goldy's effort v Zac the hack Clarke yesterday, I am not confident he can handle the infinitely better Ruckman in Stef Martin any better, maybe Tom Campbell could assist the cause.

Clark got away with a lot of holding against Goldy. Martin don’t play like that. He’s an athletic ruck. Goldy goes alright against the athletes, see the Collingwood game

What will we do about Zorko and Neil, their engine room, and Cameron ffs? Marley can have first crack at Cameron but it’s in the middle where we may have issues if we’re not on top in clearances. Send Jacobs to Lourdes asap! In lieu of that I presume Jed will take on one of Zorko and Neil. It’s going to be a challenge.

McCluggage starting to come on too. Rayner has started kicking more goals. Our defence will have their hands full

To be honest, although I try and take a fairly “zen” approach to things once the game is over, the truth is I was insufferable to everyone who attended the match with me throughout the game, from ten minutes in up until Thommo took that mark in the last and kicked it to BBB. Up until then, I was rancid because I could see our intensity was down from recent weeks - aside from Zurhaar. There were no massive hits from Jed and Jack. No long handballs from Cunners. No slick moves from Jy. Having said that, we stayed in the game and nearly won it. I fully expect all those missing factors to be in play against Brisbane. The odds are against us but I believe we’ll match up well on them. I don’t believe they’ll tag Ben either

We have to turn it into a scrap because they will smash us on the outside. Need to go full skitz campaigner mode

McCluggage starting to come on too. Rayner has started kicking more goals. Our defence will have their hands full

Even Lincoln McCarthy and Allen Christensen have torched us before. It was a far different proposition back when our biggest worry was what to do about Daniel "Bam Bam" Rich?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

. It was a far different proposition back when our biggest worry was what to do about Daniel "Bam Bam" Rich?

That more often than not we couldn’t contain

I don’t believe they’ll tag Ben either
Why not? I believe ANY coach from now on should be looking to tag him, unless they believe they are too good. The two games where he was tagged, we lost and our entire midfield suffered greatly.

Why not? I believe ANY coach from now on should be looking to tag him, unless they believe they are too good. The two games where he was tagged, we lost and our entire midfield suffered greatly.

I could be wrong but I think Brisbane will back themselves in to beat us without the need for a tag. Regardless, I reckon Ben will bounce back.

Be honest: if he were to knock up 4 goal (or set up 33% of our goals) assists every game would you be happy with him in the side?

As for Wright, I'm not sure he's fit anyway. Came off last week in the VFL with his ankle inflamed and restricted again.

Big picture no. Because he ain’t good for 4 goal assists per game. His defensive pressure on a quick transition is non existent.

McKenna and Saad had already run 50 meters on several occasions before he even reacted. How many goals does he cost us going the other way.

If we are being honest and if we want our team to move forward players like Hrovat, Wright and McMillan shouldn’t play again this year unless we are decimated with injuries.

I’ll Take that back as I’d be happy to give Wright a farewell game. Has been a great servant of the club.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back