Preview Changes/Preview v Brions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well rhyce shaw has shown enough to be given a 2 yr contract, now we just need to start 'managing' our team. For instance Thompson and Tarrant can be rested so we given durdin and mckay a full go. Ahern given the rest of the year to settle into the team. Time to let Bailey Scott more game time and same as Garner. Cunnington needs rest, given tyson 5 games to test out his mettle as a centerman and also Campbell the rest of the year to get a test of no.1 ruckman.

My personal choices would be:

Out: McDonald, Ahern & Taylor
In: Higgins, Wood & Durdin/McKay

Rhyce & Snake: 10/10
Clueless flogs: 0/10

What's the message? That if you dish up piss poor tackles and defensive efforts that cost goals, you get to keep your spot?

I'm convinced JMac has photos of coaches or management (or coaches with management) in compromising positions.
hahaha he has pics lol omgz hilarious.

Or... how many footy people with strong credentials are going to come through this joint and not drop Jmac before you decide its no longer a conspiracy? Do you honestly think that Shaw is not dropping him because he has photos or do you think there might be another explanation? (such as he's doing what is being asked of him)

If he delivers 4 goal assists every match for the rest of the season, he will end up with a 3 year contract extension.
best game ive seen him play for north last week.
have to admit i was surprised he came in. Hes not really like for like with wood.
Our depth is being tested right now.
I think thats not necessarily a bad thing considering where our season is.
We will have a much better idea of our list come trade time.

Thompson: good
Williams: good
Pittard: good
Durdin: average (developing)
Daw: elite (likely out for year)
EVW: good (out for year)
McDonald: average (out for year)
Atley: average
Macmillan: below average
Jamie Macmillan has been a slightly better than average 1v1 defender at AFL level for his entire career and remains so.

Scott Thompson is no longer a good AFL defender.

Shaun Atley is not a particularly good defender but has become a relatively dependable user of the ball at either end.

I’ve defended Luke McDonald here in the depths of his whipping boy days but the fact that He has recovered all the way back to mostly competent is a pretty damning indictment of how bad it had gotten. Have people started reclassifying his goofy grins as grimaces and are now convinced he’s trying?

Majak made his mark as an interceptor rather than strictly man-on-man defender and there’s not enough sample size to draw any conclusions.

People find this hard to believe I know, but Jamie Macmillan gets picked because he’s a good footballer. He’s better than McDonald, Wright, Murphy, Crocker, Watson, and statistically almost indistinguishable from Jasper Pittard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hahaha he has pics lol omgz hilarious.

Or... how many footy people with strong credentials are going to come through this joint and not drop Jmac before you decide its no longer a conspiracy? Do you honestly think that Shaw is not dropping him because he has photos or do you think there might be another explanation? (such as he's doing what is being asked of him)
He's being asked to not stick tackles, lose contests, and turn it over?

Because if he's not, then clearly you're more accepting of his mediocrity than I am.

It does seem to be a more balanced side than last week. However, as has been mentioned, I can't help but feel we are a midfield rotation down. Similarly can't see the point in Hrovat over LDU.

Well rhyce shaw has shown enough to be given a 2 yr contract, now we just need to start 'managing' our team. For instance Thompson and Tarrant can be rested so we given durdin and mckay a full go. Ahern given the rest of the year to settle into the team. Time to let Bailey Scott more game time and same as Garner. Cunnington needs rest, given tyson 5 games to test out his mettle as a centerman and also Campbell the rest of the year to get a test of no.1 ruckman.
BBC10195-FEC4-4329-B072-F00D0C98B35F.gif

He's being asked to not stick tackles, lose contests, and turn it over?

Because if he's not, then clearly you're more accepting of his mediocrity than I am.
Well of course i am but that isn't what i was asking.

Agree with Hrovat holding his spot.

Very harsh on LDU, would prefer he was recalled after such a great showing.

Macmillan survives either through our injury list or Shaw trying to maximise our draft position.

This LDU stuff has a Paganesque ring to it - good Luke, now do it again.

Shaw demonstrating to LDU that sort of performance won't be rewarded when it is a one off, it will be rewarded when it is his standard.

LDU has a career making summer ahead + he buys into what Rhys has got and it will make him a truly top end player.

LDU has a career making summer ahead + he buys into what Rhys has got and it will make him a truly top end player.
I want the following to have big summers:
LDU
Ahern
Zurhaar
McKay
Durdin
Larkey

Led by Simpkin

That coupled with a half decent draw and we'll go places in 2020.

I thought we'd moved past trying to win with a Hrovat and a MacMillan.

We have good ins but theirs are better.

We can hope they have some sort of emotional let down and kick poorly at goal but I think we are more likely to be further off then we were last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back