Preview Changes/Preview v Carlton @MCG – Semi Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TMac had to be dropped he was as big a liability as I can recall seeing a KPF be last week. Should have just gone in with a small forward line, expect this game to go similar (hope I'm wrong of course). Not excited about the ins but the cupboard is bare.

TMac wasn't good by any stretch, but he did more than JVR tbh. I think he's been overly harshly judged and with a game under his belt now is a better option than any of Schache, Brown or Grundy.

And we have gone smaller up forward. JVR has been replaced by Spargo, leaving Smith and TMac as the talls.

T Mac as second ruck
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

Hibbo is a certainty to be sub.
Expect they wanted Tommo in so Lever doesn’t get De Koning and get run around.

The rest as expected.

Hibbo is a certainty to be sub.
Expect they wanted Tommo in so Lever doesn’t get De Koning and get run around.

The rest as expected.
I love Hibbo but why would you make him sub? He can only play one position so I guess if a midfielder goes down we shift Rivers?

I love Hibbo but why would you make him sub? He can only play one position so I guess if a midfielder goes down we shift Rivers?

I don't like Pig as sub due to the lack of versatility in his own game, but there are some left field options there if things are going badly for us I suppose - May forward, Rivers into the middle, Salem forward, etc. The type of things you only pull out when struggling in a knockout final.

I'm always picking Michael Hibberd in a final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how Hibb pulled up? Wasn't he rested a few times this year with an Achilles? Can't remember the last time he played 2 full games in a row so maybe this is a way of keeping him in the team but knowing his body isn't up to 2 full games in a row?

Only way I can see it as he was excellent defensively on Elliot.

Interested to see how the smaller forwardline goes, reckon it could be a better option than having Grundy or Schache in there with TMac. Hope Trac plays more forward with just some short mid bursts.

I wonder how Hibb pulled up? Wasn't he rested a few times this year with an Achilles? Can't remember the last time he played 2 full games in a row so maybe this is a way of keeping him in the team but knowing his body isn't up to 2 full games in a row?

Only way I can see it as he was excellent defensively on Elliot.

I think it would purely be for match ups. Hibbo isn’t tall enough to stand De Koning and they don’t want Lever on him so Lever can zone off.

I think it would purely be for match ups. Hibbo isn’t tall enough to stand De Koning and they don’t want Lever on him so Lever can zone off.
Sure, but there's a case to be made to keep Hibberd in and push Salem or Rivers up the field and leave JJ out. But maybe Goody doesn't want to tinker too much

Happy with these changes, mainly because we didn't replace JVR with a another pointless / plodding tall. hopefully this means Trac will spend a lot of time up forward. also we basically always win with Tomo in the team, so we can look forward to winning this week and dropping him next week

TMac wasn't good by any stretch, but he did more than JVR tbh. I think he's been overly harshly judged and with a game under his belt now is a better option than any of Schache, Brown or Grundy.

And we have gone smaller up forward. JVR has been replaced by Spargo, leaving Smith and TMac as the talls.
Agree our other options aren't worthwhile and also agree that JVR had a mare, he does at least have the athleticism to compete though.

I would rather play with only Smith than TMac personally as he did not look physically up to AFL football. Watched him closely and he was barely able to break out of a jog, beaten to (or didn't make) the contest after starting in front. No leap or aerial presence.

Understand there's an argument for talls for structure but if they're not able to give much of a contest in the air (let alone take a contested mark) I don't see the point when he's a complete liability at ground level. Hope he can prove me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back