Preview Changes/Preview v Carlton @MCG – Semi Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
with Gawn, i recall we did a bit of richmond style experimenting a few games ago, with Sparrow and maybe another mid taking a couple of the forward ruck stoppages, which seemed to actually work ok, or at least nothing bad happened.

i suspect Gawn rucks 90-95% of the game but I wouldnt mind seeing sparrow for example take a couple of contests here and there, just around the ground (not centre bounce or defence), give gawn a little breather here and there without having to worry about tmac lumbering around the mindfield

Not melting but by crikey these are just meh changes.

Tomo and Spargo = good
Jordon = yuck (why no Woewoedin?)

TMac still in = Gross (why no Schache?)

Hibbo out = WTF!!!!!!

Ill melt for you since you refuse to. If you were going to play Tomo why not last week ya dickhead.

Dropping Hibbo isn't ruthless, its *ed. Looking forward to twinkle toes skirting packs and doing * all for the 5th straight week.

Ill melt for you since you refuse to. If you were going to play Tomo why not last week ya dickhead.

Dropping Hibbo isn't ruthless, its ******ed. Looking forward to twinkle toes skirting packs and doing * all for the 5th straight week.

Dumbest bit is I wouldn't care if they dropped Bowey over Salem as I think he has been pretty average too, but keeping them both in over Hibbo is just mind boggling. Clearly there are two different standards at the club for selection.

Dumbest bit is I wouldn't care if they dropped Bowey over Salem as I think he has been pretty average too, but keeping them both in over Hibbo is just mind boggling. Clearly there are two different standards at the club for selection.

Bowser been alright, thought he was good last week. The free games Salem gets off reputation for something he did 2 years ago is ridiculous.

They had to keep Bowey as he will be in the F50.

IF everyone is small in the F50 then players will not bomb it in. It just basic footy sense.

Melbourne coaching group is playing 4D Chess.

T Mac as second ruck
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF
I’ve always wondered, is that GIF from the departed?

I wouldn't exactly point the finger squarly at Caro on this one, whoever the sources where fed the media either knowingly (for drama) or unknowingly the wrong information. I also believe it was Sam Edmund that broke the story first via SEN

That also said Gawn can't exactly say 'no we hate that campaigner and someone wanted to smash him, * yo flowers too'

Well there was a part of the story where Caro said the flowers never even made it to a vase which was to show how bad the tension was, Gawn said he put them straight in a vase and was asking if he was sposed to take the plastic off and then was told he picked a bad colour vase cause it was pink by Danielle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hibbo wasn't that good, got burnt on the rebound so many times and Lever at one stage was filthy with him
Hibbo was left one out on there most dangerous forward and after a shaky start worked into it. Tell me one thing Salem did at all

Haven't been able to get out of an event tomorrow, so will be missing watching our game live for the first time since we beat Geelong down at KP in 2015.

Fingers crossed for a similarly bewildering result, but on paper it looks like we're going to have to keep them to about 35, as our forward line looks diabolical lol.

Equally strange is dropping Hibberd – was comfortably in our best few players last week, and plays with the will and desperation you need in finals. Going back to the well with Jordon just doesn't make sense to me either, but maybe they see something I don't.

Anyway, if we somehow make it through, I'll trek it up to Brisbane next week in the hopes that we can pull something out of the fire. Just don't give me a straight sets exit against Collingwood and Carlton please – nightmare fuel.

Agree our other options aren't worthwhile and also agree that JVR had a mare, he does at least have the athleticism to compete though.

I would rather play with only Smith than TMac personally as he did not look physically up to AFL football. Watched him closely and he was barely able to break out of a jog, beaten to (or didn't make) the contest after starting in front. No leap or aerial presence.

Understand there's an argument for talls for structure but if they're not able to give much of a contest in the air (let alone take a contested mark) I don't see the point when he's a complete liability at ground level. Hope he can prove me wrong.

Yeah that's all fair. I'd pick JVR every week over TMac of course too.

I'm just happy we've gone with the 2 talls instead of 3. I much prefer the 2 talls and Trac forward a bit.

Last edited:
If we kick 5 goals tomorrow it’ll be a moral victory.

Need Cripps, Weitering and Curnow to get gastro and be late outs to have a sniff at this.

Haven't been able to get out of an event tomorrow, so will be missing watching our game live for the first time since we beat Geelong down at KP in 2015.

Fingers crossed for a similarly bewildering result, but on paper it looks like we're going to have to keep them to about 35, as our forward line looks diabolical lol.

Equally strange is dropping Hibberd – was comfortably in our best few players last week, and plays with the will and desperation you need in finals. Going back to the well with Jordon just doesn't make sense to me either, but maybe they see something I don't.

Anyway, if we somehow make it through, I'll trek it up to Brisbane next week in the hopes that we can pull something out of the fire. Just don't give me a straight sets exit against Collingwood and Carlton please – nightmare fuel.
Is it really gonna feel any better if we beat Carlton by 10 points in a defensive slog then get done by 10 goals by Brisbane?

Is it really gonna feel any better if we beat Carlton by 10 points in a defensive slog then get done by 10 goals by Brisbane?
100%. A prelim is something to build on at least. The scars of doing straight sets in two years are not...

We also haven't lost a game by 10 goals or more since Rd 2, 2019 against the Cats.

100%. A prelim is something to build on at least. The scars of doing straight sets in two years are not...

We also haven't lost a game by 10 goals or more since Rd 2, 2019 against the Cats.
A flogging in a prelim isn't 'something to build on'
Scraping past Carlton isn't 'something to build on'

If making a prelim makes anyone happy, that's the same delusions the club is having rn playing a style from 2 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back