Preview Changes/Preview v Carlton @MCG – Semi Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we will get flogged in the preliminary final, this team seems to always stay in games. I still think we need to get the win, going out in straight sets two years in a row just isn't acceptable imo.
Why I think we get flogged is I expect Brisbane to get 30 odd points clear in the 3rd or the last, and once players realise finals are over they give up. Look at the dogs in the granny

Why I think we get flogged is I expect Brisbane to get 30 odd points clear in the 3rd or the last, and once players realise finals are over they give up. Look at the dogs in the granny
If we can just get another blackout we're a chance. 🤞

Ah yes, just like when the Lions got 28 points up in the last quarter against us in round 18....

A flogging in a prelim isn't 'something to build on'
Scraping past Carlton isn't 'something to build on'

If making a prelim makes anyone happy, that's the same delusions the club is having rn playing a style from 2 years ago
I just disagree with this so much.
I so so so so badly don't want to go to my 4th MCG finals loss in a row, it would absolutely scar us all. On top of that, at least we can have another shot to keep going, its not impossible to beat Brisbane

Also, literally the most recent premier got flogged in a prelim the year before. You could say they built on that

A flogging in a prelim isn't 'something to build on'
Scraping past Carlton isn't 'something to build on'

If making a prelim makes anyone happy, that's the same delusions the club is having rn playing a style from 2 years ago

I’m on board for most of your negative opinions but winning against Carlton means something at least for the fans. The shame of going 0-4 in home finals after a premiership would be incredibly damaging.

I just disagree with this so much.
I so so so so badly don't want to go to my 4th MCG finals loss in a row, it would absolutely scar us all.

Also, literally the most recent premier got flogged in a prelim the year before. You could say they built on that
We got flogged in 2018 in a prelim and missed finals for 2 years making a prelim means jack s**t.

Ain't no one patting Chris Fagan and Ken Hinkley on the back for making lots of prelims

I’m on board for most of your negative opinions but winning against Carlton means something at least for the fans. The shame of going 0-4 in home finals after a premiership would be incredibly damaging.
Nah, there's winning and there's winning 56-52 with a stack of long kicks inside 50

We'd get a better draft pick by losing this week. More value in a loss. You'll get over the shame.

Yes, im back to talking about draft picks in 2023.

If we lose and GWS beat Port our pick will be 13! incredible! 🤗

I agree but a win is a win and going out in straight sets again almost cancels out all the premiership goodwill IMO
Meh.
A s**t win that's barely enjoyable until the siren followed up by a flogging won't change a single thing for me and I guarantee you'll be on my side if it happens.

I'll only forget the shitty Carlton win if we actually show up and run Brisbane close.

Id rather us go out in straight sets again if it actually makes us look at the rubbish way we play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh.
A s**t win that's barely enjoyable until the siren followed up by a flogging won't change a single thing for me and I guarantee you'll be on my side if it happens.

I'll only forget the shitty Carlton win if we actually show up and run Brisbane close.

Id rather us go out in straight sets again if it actually makes us look at the rubbish way we play
I get the feeling that with our offensive outs, Goody figured the only way we could win was to scrap and grind. And he was close to being right. I dont know if that will be seen as a good outcome or not... I hope not, that we go back to the half back turnover we played for a bit later in the year, and are now the ones sling shotting with Fritsch and Kosi running forward into space.

Tonight will show a lot - win or lose.

Then next week if we make it, I wouldnt be surprised if we go back to grind mode - just because he will figure we cant take the risk of a high scoring shoot out.

The amount of ignore bubbles that show up after my posts is hilarious, imagine being that insane you still qoute me thinking I have even a microscopic interest in discussing a single thing with you.

It's not for you - It's to keep your posts accountable, just like the hilarious "if the Lions get 30 up" one where you forgot our game only a matter of weeks ago against them.

(PS - I know you still read my posts, let's not pretend)

Those who have played football would know that some weeks nothing goes right (last week), then other times every just clicks. The crooked bouncing ball can either land in your lap or spend the day bouncing into the arms of your opponent.
Let's hope for hot luck week.

Fair enough, my feeling is Brisbane will get a comfortable lead and then put the cue in the rack. Might have a 5 goal lead but won't change much after that, goal for goal mote or less.

Could end up being a 3 goal win with never threatening.

Wanna stand under a footy and find out
Haha, now we've got your customary unnecessay hyper-masculine comment out of the way.

Haven't you spent the past week attempting to convince us that nice guy Brayden wouldn't purposely try to make Angus 'earn it'?

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back