Preview Changes/Preview v Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Throw him into the hothouse of the forwardline.
He's supposed to be a thinking footballer. Let him go at the highball up front with JvR. Make him contest body on body.
Just possible he might help JvR get a few snags on the way, and it could teach Lever to think/react quicker.

Weren’t you criticising people last week for suggesting we change up the game plan?

Now you want to throw Lever forward to teach him how to think?

Clarry will be rushed back, look fine against the slow as treacle Blues midfield then get completely burnt on the spread by the Pies pacey mids.

Weren’t you criticising people last week for suggesting we change up the game plan?

Now you want to throw Lever forward to teach him how to think?
I just think a change in our forward feng shui is needed. If we stick Lever, Steven May, a Japanese Peace Lily and a Himalayan Salt Lantern inside attacking 50 and drink nothing but chamomile tea for a week with a positive mindset our forward efficiency could improve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just think a change in our forward feng shui is needed. If we stick Lever, Steven May, a Japanese Peace Lily and a Himalayan Salt Lantern inside attacking 50 and drink nothing but chamomile tea for a week with a positive mindset our forward efficiency could improve.
Our F50 can't really be fixed now this season. But our stoppage work is embarrassing and can be fixed. Geelong changed the way they played during the season last season and it proved to be a premiership move. Not sure we can do it, but Goody/Yze need to try something because we're not even going to make finals the rate we're going. Losing the stoppages isn't working.

Jake Melksham has copped a 2 game suspension.

Lollllll. Flag favourites 🥳
The fact that we're still 4th for PA overall shows that scores generated from clearances are not something that tend to hurt you too much.

I'd be interested to know where scores were generated from in our losses though. If it was from clearance then it would show how teams are exploiting us.

No Clarry this week, but quite possibly next week according to Goodwin in his presser today.
Good. If we'd rushed him back for a game against 13th, I would've been livid.

With Hunter back in I'm hoping Brayshaw will return to the backline and Rivers/Salem will rotate through the middle. Saw Salem playing the sweeper at a few stoppages against Freo.

Feel like McVee needs a rest and we definitely need another tall backman this week so bring in Turner and float Gawn down there more.

Don't really care about the forwardline. We can rotate any of Tmac, Brown or Schache and it won't make a difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back