Preview Changes/preview v Freo | Ben10/Frog/Jy/Nielson 4 W80/Jmac/Wood/Clarke

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swallow, Cunnington, Dumont and Ziebell?

Realist hat on: what's the pace like in the team selected by Freo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We've had a slow midfield for quite a few years now.

Plus Simpkin will be hovering around the packs, like he did in the VFL and before his injury a bit.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Just don't understand what value dropping arguably our most promising young mid achieves at this stage in our list development - makes absolutely no sense dropping a kid after a couple quieter weeks when you don't hold the senior players to the same standard.
This has been the strategy all along. They get a run, then they get a spell, and another younger player gets a run. I'd suggest it's more about the younger players' physical development rather than what standards they are held to.

Jun 23, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We've had a slow midfield for quite a few years now.

Plus Simpkin will be hovering around the packs, like he did in the VFL and before his injury a bit.
Indeed we have, but does this Freo team have the pace to carve us up on the fast Etihad deck?
I'm only asking because we are favourites and Freo at $2.64 seems very generous.

Indeed we have, but does this Freo team have the pace to carve us up on the fast Etihad deck?
I'm only asking because we are favourites and Freo at $2.64 seems very generous.
They have more pace than us. At least Mountford, L Mac and occasionally Simpkin in the midfield should give us something different.

Big game is needed by Cunners and we need to pressure everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Don't really get the handling of Clarke. He's exactly the type of player we need to come on in a hurry.

Jy seems to be a big preference to blood at all cost. Not sure exactly where I sit with that.

Wagner has a good attitude but on actual output I'd play Clarke ahead of him. If we have an eye on the future I'd pick Clarke ahead of Gibson too.

jclei

Club Legend
Dec 22, 2010
Forward 50
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There's a reason Clarke was dropped and if he doesn't improve on it he will continue to find himself in the same position. 0 tackles last week for a guy that got to play in the midfield the whole game isn't good enough and it's definitely not the first time it has happened with him.

I really like his offensive side - it seems very natural and he is a good decision maker but he currently doesn't play enough defence.

Swallow is not the future but we all know he at least tackles his heart out and those sort of actions get you games. Hence why I think Simpkin is in this week. We know he will throw his body at a tackle and Scott does too. Mix that with amazing lateral movement and he gets in over Clarke this week.

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Gee we must be the first club to be placed 17th on the ladder in July to adopt this disgraceful approach at match committee.

Play the kids Brad you moron or get the f*** out.
I can't ****ing stand posters like you, so stuck on your own personal vendetta that you are literally delusional. Brad IS playing the kids ffs, at least the ones who are performing. Do you seriously advocate picking someone who is playing poorly in the VFL?? That would literally be tanking, the very idea of which makes me want to throw up. There are maybe two blokes who deserve to be picked and haven't been, and at a stretch a couple more who are thereabouts but not knocking the door down. Preuss you could mount the strongest case for, although he was injured last week, Zurhaar 2nd however he simply isn't fit enough. At a stretch, maybe Larkey and Fordham could be given a game, but both have clear deficiencies in their game which mean they probably aren't ready for the top level. Who else is there?? Durdin, Anderson and Clarke are all badly put of form. Have a look at who is in the ones: Nielson, Simpkin, Mountford, Dumont, Wagner and Hibberd are the "kids" who are in form and guess what, Brad picks them. So if you want to spout s**t, go to the Bye Bye Brad thread were us posters who actually bother thinking about football don't have to read the same bullshit posts every ****ing week.

Rant over ;)

Jindrrk

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2016
Macau
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
*, St Dwarves, Lolmond
There's a reason Clarke was dropped and if he doesn't improve on it he will continue to find himself in the same position. 0 tackles last week for a guy that got to play in the midfield the whole game isn't good enough and it's definitely not the first time it has happened with him.

I really like his offensive side - it seems very natural and he is a good decision maker but he currently doesn't play enough defence.

Swallow is not the future but we all know he say least tackles his heart out and those sort of actions get you games. Hence why I think Simpkin is in this week. We know he will throw his body at a tackle and Scott does too. Mix that with amazing lateral movement and he gets in over Clarke this week.
Yep spot on.

Swallow sets a standard in work rate. People can be a little narrow minded when it comes to why people are in a team.

And we all dont know the full story behind the scenes.

Its clear as day why Clarke has been dropped. And its not to punish him either. Its just to get him to work on his game more to how we want to play. Some people need to chill out a bit.

Jindrrk

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2016
Macau
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
*, St Dwarves, Lolmond
I can't ****ing stand posters like you, so stuck on your own personal vendetta that you are literally delusional. Brad IS playing the kids ffs, at least the ones who are performing. Do you seriously advocate picking someone who is playing poorly in the VFL?? That would literally be tanking, the very idea of which makes me want to throw up. There are maybe two blokes who deserve to be picked and haven't been, and at a stretch a couple more who are thereabouts but not knocking the door down. Preuss you could mount the strongest case for, although he was injured last week, Zurhaar 2nd however he simply isn't fit enough. At a stretch, maybe Larkey and Fordham could be given a game, but both have clear deficiencies in their game which mean they probably aren't ready for the top level. Who else is there?? Durdin, Anderson and Clarke are all badly put of form. Have a look at who is in the ones: Nielson, Simpkin, Mountford, Dumont, Wagner and Hibberd are the "kids" who are in form and guess what, Brad picks them. So if you want to spout s**t, go to the Bye Bye Brad thread were us posters who actually bother thinking about football don't have to read the same bullshit posts every ****ing week.

Rant over ;)
Well what annoys me is we post here all week and then when gameday or selection comes up we see all these posters just to come in to whinge and whine (I'm not referring to Psicosis) and bitch about players or the coach. And then you see they're like on 100-200 posts over 4-5 years. These are probably the posters that drove me here away from Facecrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back