Preview Changes/preview v. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomlinson dropped according to Mitch Cleary

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That's 2022 style rubbish from Goody if it happens.

Petty's been playing forward and hasn't even run on a field for nearly 6 weeks.

All that is aside from Tommo's game last week.

Old habits coming back more and more as the year goes on.

That's 2022 style rubbish from Goody if it happens.

Petty's been playing forward and hasn't even run on a field for nearly 6 weeks.

All that is aside from Tommo's game last week.

Old habits coming back more and more as the year goes on.

Yeah I'm not a fan of this move at all, if it happens.

If reports are true about Tomlinson getting dropped

In - Bowey, Petty
Out - JJ , Tomlinson

B: Rivers, May, Lever

HB: Hibberd, Petty, Bowey

C: Hunter, Viney, Langdon

HF: Spargo, Van Rooyen, Neal-Bullen

F: Fritsch, Grundy, Pickett

FOLL: Gawn, Petracca, Sparrow

I/C: Salem, Brayshaw, Chandler, McVee

SUB: Tomlinson/JJ

Petty is a natural key defender, not a natural key forward. Play him where he plays best.

You want your back six running like a well oiled machine building into finals. The time for tinkering is over.

When B.Brown is deemed fit to play, he comes in for J.Smith and we’re then close to our best 22. Simples.

Tomlinson dropped according to Mitch Cleary

Christ that's rough.

I'm no Tomlinson fan, but his game against the Pies was better than anything Petty has produced down back in the past 12 months or so.

I guess at least we know what Goody's selection policy is: Runs on the board > form.
Tomo is very stiff here, think Petty should have worked his way back into the team through the VFL (as his back form has been bad all year and I don't see him as a permanent forward, nor is there a place in the forward line at the moment).

If he's been dropped it's cause they don't think Tomo or May can run with Cameron.
Still don't think there's a huge need to run a key tall with Cameron. Would prefer we use Rivers in the role that Port used Bergman in last week, which is following Cameron around the ground in a similar way that you'd tag a midfielder.

He's not a huge threat aerially, and Rivers has the pace to close him down on a lead. May to Hawkins, Hibberd to Rohan. Lever zoning off to give Rivers a chop-out if Cameron takes him deep.

If reports are true about Tomlinson getting dropped

In - Bowey, Petty
Out - JJ , Tomlinson

SUB: Tomlinson/JJ
Smith?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

listening to Richo on radio this morning my feeling is Clarry wont play
So much of what makes Clarry great is his endurance and the way he wills himself from contest to contest – if he's not 100% fit, I wouldn't push him.

It's almost TOO strange a call, even by crazy Goody standards, to be as clear as it seems.... :think:

Still don't think there's a huge need to run a key tall with Cameron. Would prefer we use Rivers in the role that Port used Bergman in last week, which is following Cameron around the ground in a similar way that you'd tag a midfielder.

He's not a huge threat aerially, and Rivers has the pace to close him down on a lead. May to Hawkins, Hibberd to Rohan. Lever zoning off to give Rivers a chop-out if Cameron takes him deep.
Yeah, well if we're not running a key tall with Cameron why would we bother playing Tomlinson at all. He's stiff but it doesn't bother me a great deal.

In - Bowey, Petty
Out - JJ , Tomlinson

SUB: Smith

If he's been dropped it's cause they don't think Tomo or May can run with Cameron.
Yeah its clearly match up related. I'm all for criticising the coaches, but Tomlinson needs to play on the right forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back