Preview Changes/preview v. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Petty straight in seems harsh. Maybe they don't trust him having to go to Hawkins if needed. Don't know if underdone Petty would be any better.

Really don't understand staying in Geelong. That seems very dumb. Maybe it's about bonding and trying to get that covid hotel juju happening, but I feel most players would prefer their own bed and an easy hour drive on a Thursday when you have nothing else to do but wait to play a game.

Petty straight in seems harsh. Maybe they don't trust him having to go to Hawkins if needed. Don't know if underdone Petty would be any better.

Really don't understand staying in Geelong. That seems very dumb. Maybe it's about bonding and trying to get that covid hotel juju happening, but I feel most players would prefer their own bed and an easy hour drive on a Thursday when you have nothing else to do but wait to play a game.
I imagine it would be extra annoying for players with young families. Totally unnecessary.

I think you are pretty much right on the bonding thing. Dumb is a bit harsh, clubs just doing something different but I don't think it achieves anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine having a great game in an intense match played in front of a massive crowd, got your form and confidence up a bit, go into the bye and get ******* dropped for someone who's just returned from injury, when you yourself have battled away in the 2's to get your spot.

s**t like this just kills a players confidence and belief

If I was Tomo I'd be asking for a trade come sessions end. Obviously isn't rated by the coaches.
His game against Collingwood aside he’s mostly been pretty bad. Good depth but Petty at his best is better.

If I was Tomo I'd be asking for a trade come sessions end. Obviously isn't rated by the coaches.
There was noise Tomlinson could have gone to the Bulldogs last trade period. I’m not sure who initiated that ultimately unsuccessful move or why it didn’t go through in the end.

Emergencies are Spargo, Tomlinson, Woewodin and… Ben Brown!

Lol we shopped him around last year and no one wanted him

There was noise Tomlinson could have gone to the Bulldogs last trade period. I’m not sure who initiated that ultimately unsuccessful move or why it didn’t go through in the end.
Would definitely get a go at the Doggies now with their backline injuries. I read in an article, not sure where, might have been a trashy Herald Sun piece but it mentioned 1 player from each side that could use a fresh start. Tomlinson was the Melbourne player and this was before recent form. Wouldn't be surprised if he requests a trade at the end of the year.

Petty's best has been forward this year, and even then it's been rare.

That's aside from him not even running on the field for 6 weeks.

This is all fishy.
Everyone had a crack at the Salem inclusion a few weeks back and he hasn't skipped a beat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back