Preview Changes/preview v. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spargo is a classy user, he did SFA. We don't play a style based on "class".

Spargo has been s**t all year TBF, id drop him before ANB on reflection. I want us to be better at hitting targets going inside 50. Missing targets and wasting inside 50's should never any teams "style"

Spargo has been s**t all year TBF, id drop him before ANB on reflection. I want us to be better at hitting targets going inside 50. Missing targets and wasting inside 50's should never any teams "style"

I don't think wasting them is the style, I think our forward 50 delivery 'problems' get overcooked because of our heavy inside 50 number game style.

For reference, we're 3rd for marks inside 50, 4th for marks per inside 50 and 4th for goals per inside 50. It can live and die a bit based on our accuracy, but it's nowhere near as bad as gets made out.

I don't think wasting them is the style, I think our forward 50 delivery 'problems' get overcooked because of our heavy inside 50 number game style.

For reference, we're 3rd for marks inside 50, 4th for marks per inside 50 and 4th for goals per inside 50. It can live and die a bit based on our accuracy, but it's nowhere near as bad as gets made out.

Thought it was the forwards more than the ball users going in today tbf. A lot of standing around. Made sure to watch after reading that article that Johnny posted in the flag window thread.

Thought it was the forwards more than the ball users going in today tbf. A lot of standing around. Made sure to watch after reading that article that Johnny posted in the flag window thread.
Understandable with the crowd and it's always easy from the stands, but seemed to be a lack of talk on a few occasions. :speechless:

Understandable with the crowd and it's always easy from the stands, but seemed to be a lack of talk on a few occasions. :speechless:

Saw Viney break out of the centre clearance and he bombed it in, was about to go off on him until I saw all 6 forwards standing there as the ball travelled forward, nobody leading to give him a target. With just about every other decent team that centre clearance is an easy hit up pass and shot and goal with the 6/6/6

Chandler had two shocking entries, went a running torp to start the third quarter, luckily nearly landed in the lap of Slick but that was ******* terrible. Also missed a teammate wide open 35m out straight in front to go to the pocket where Slick was well covered in the first quarter.

Liked Kade's defensive game today but he really needs to pick up the offense again soon or could be seeing himself back in the VFL

I think the pressure got to us. Tracs one that he hit the post from 55 it didn't even look like he aimed it, just belted it as hard as he could and it hit ¾ of the way up.
I was sitting right behind that one. He took about three steps onto his right and tried to flush it. Genuinely has no set shot routine

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spargo, Smith out.

Oliver, Petty in.

Harsh on the outs and on Bowey but if Tomlinson continues to play as well as he did yesterday I get the sense that Petty is going to be playing forward for the rest of the year and the more practice he gets in the seniors, the better. Bowey potentially sneaks in as sub but I think JJ offers more in that role.

Yeah that does happen a bit hey. At least it's happening in front of goals now rather than deep in the pocket...

What of Howes? 28 touches off what looks like a HBF in the twos, has to be close.

Also Moniz-Wakefield 18 and a goal - was he up forward?

I’ve never seen Blake Howes but I get huge Cale Morton vibes off him. Literally no explanation or reason for it

Posters calling for Brayshaw to be dropped are kidding themselves. Had 24 touches, was his usual brave self and provided important link up play.

Give Petty a run in the VFL if he's ready. Would prefer to not bring in another tall and hope he gets Tomo's spot if I'm honest. Not convinced he's better than Smith up forward but he's better than Tomo in defense 90% of the time.

Spot on. Play him in the VFL, based on the season to date there's a 99.9% chance one of our talls plays s**t/gets injured and there's a spot for him the following week if he performs.

Ideally in defence going forward. Although Tommo's composure in defence with ball in hand is a good asset when he plays like yesterday.

Saw Viney break out of the centre clearance and he bombed it in, was about to go off on him until I saw all 6 forwards standing there as the ball travelled forward, nobody leading to give him a target. With just about every other decent team that centre clearance is an easy hit up pass and shot and goal with the 6/6/6

It's actually ridiculous how often our tall forwards just stand still when the person with the ball is looking for a target.
Look at any well functioning forward line, the talls are on the move getting separation even when they know the ball is coming in long. Ours just stand there.

Even JVR who is our best run and jump at it tends to wait until the ball is in the air to get moving.

We've basically turned JVR into a crap 3rd tall. The guy has buckets of potential but looks so blue collar and stodgy

He's got no experienced forward to learn off. If he was playing with a Riewoldt or a Hawkins it would be so much better for his development.
I really think it's critical we hire one of those guys or someone of similar ilk to be our forwards coach next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back