Preview Changes/Preview v GWS in Alice

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
JVR hasn't been great but has at least been bringing the ball to ground and competing. I get that he will need a rest but we just had a bye. Haven't watched BBB at Casey I would hope he could at least make a contest. I just can't imagine that we suddenly play the sort of footy that suits his game particularly in the wet.

Yes last week was disappointing but gee people forget quickly - win against Collingwood was probably our best in 12 months. No need to be so negative…

We are bringing in three players who have proven they can play at AFL level, and losing 1x deadwood in Jordan and a promising but inexperienced key forward who (rightfully) hasn’t done much recently and probably needs a break.

One thing we have been missing is someone presenting up at the ball - hopefully Brown can change that.

Yes last week was disappointing but gee people forget quickly - win against Collingwood was probably our best in 12 months. No need to be so negative…

We are bringing in three players who have proven they can play at AFL level, and losing 1x deadwood in Jordan and a promising but inexperienced key forward who (rightfully) hasn’t done much recently and probably needs a break.

One thing we have been missing is someone presenting up at the ball - hopefully Brown can change that.
Win against Collingwood was our best pressure for 12 months, wasn't our best performance by a long way.

Then the pies nearly go and probably should have lost to Adelaide. Turns out anyone can get close to Collingwood

Would have been more excited about Melksham coming in instead of Ben Brown. And I never wanted to see Milkshake play in the 1s again. Hard to get excited about those ins. Doesn't matter who we bring in anyway, you know how we're gonna play

Win against Collingwood was our best pressure for 12 months, wasn't our best performance by a long way.

Then the pies nearly go and probably should have lost to Adelaide. Turns out anyone can get close to Collingwood
It’s funny, I was rapt with the Collingwood win but we were probably 30 seconds away from disaster as well.

It’s funny, I was rapt with the Collingwood win but we were probably 30 seconds away from disaster as well.
I'm not trying to be a hindsight hero here either, we defended bloody well and completely took their game away. We didn't play that well ourselves though we just dragged them down and beat them.

Unless you’re in ‘ignore ladder position’ mode you can only have so many under 21yo’s in your 22. Seasoned AFL bodies will overwhelm enthusiastic but inexperienced kids four times out of five.

The final six games of home and away with a top four spot in the balance is not the time to be tinkering and experimenting.

Mate look at Brisbane, Pies, etc. They've been blooding kids and rewarding form...

Cheers mate. Feels good to be vindicated although would’ve liked to have seen JVR stay in as he would’ve benefited from the presence of BBB.

There’ll be plenty of soul searching among The Clique on Sunday night after a stellar performance from the big ranga.

At minimum we now officially know Lord Nev can’t be trusted with his Casey match reports.

9D7DF096-9B64-4298-AA54-8299C227C28C.jpeg

Last edited:
I was hunting magic mushrooms at a local park while Eddie Betts was playing with all four (five?) of his kids simultaneously. Super effort I thought, he was running around like a madman entertaining them all. Made all the other dads except me look lazy af (I was multi-tasking too see). Anyway I did catch Eddie peeking during a game of hide and seek with one of the little ones. Was gonna call him out on it but thought it would be a bit weird. Did lose a little bit of respect for him though… cheating is cheating.

Still love the grear man though.
Sounds like you had a successful hunt Toump 😂

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On Brown, his hands looked really good first half in the VFL last week. He was one grabbing everything.

Brown was also moving the best HE has for a long while (which still makes him one of the least agile AFL level players) but it wasn’t laughably bad movement like it had been.

What is concerning is his kicking has gone from iffy to make it from 50 to off to make it from 40. He’s cleary got some physical problems with getting power through his legs.

I just hope the coaches acknowledge this and play him ina way that emphasises his good qualities and masks where he’s limited.

No doubt the Giants have scouted all of this too.

On Brown, his hands looked really good first half in the VFL last week. He was one grabbing everything.

Brown was also moving the best HE has for a long while (which still makes him one of the least agile AFL level players) but it wasn’t laughably bad movement like it had been.

What is concerning is his kicking has gone from iffy to make it from 50 to off to make it from 40. He’s cleary got some physical problems with getting power through his legs.

I just hope the coaches acknowledge this and play him ina way that emphasises his good qualities and masks where he’s limited.

No doubt the Giants have scouted all of this too.
So that would be to stop him getting the ball outside 30, so park him deep in the square and kick long to him so he hardly has to move

Cool, can't see anything wrong with that

Anyone thinking this is a gimme four points is kidding themselves. They are in good form, with a spanking of Freo who beat us, a win over Geelong who beat us, and a close loss to in-form Richmond.

They’ve also actually got a forward line, unlike us. Greene, Himmelberg, Hogan, Riccardi plus smalls Lloyd and Bedford is formidable. Much stronger than our bunch of misfiring misfits.

$4.70 for the Giants on Sportsbet is madness.

View attachment 1720335

I tipped this.

BaliDemon i havent engaged with you because I see no reason to waste my time. You have spent weeks calling for Brown to come back and starting fights. It happened and he was s**t. Own it.

Touch slippery conditions. Did alright in the circumstances.

Wasn’t our worst.
You guaranteed it would fix our scoring issues. You were wrong. Don't be a spineless little jellyfish and avoid it

#ARG strike again

Last edited:
I tipped this.
A number of us tipped this. What's your point? It wasn't even that tough to predict tbh.

I made some $$. Would rather we had won, but I'll take the cash. I actually backed us to miss the 8 after the Essendon game. If we miss I'll make a fair chunk or change.

A number of us tipped this. What's your point? It wasn't even that tough to predict tbh.

I made some $$. Would rather we had won, but I'll take the cash. I actually backed us to miss the 8 after the Essendon game. If we miss I'll make a fair chunk or change.

My point, Crusty Demon, is that I’m good. Real good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back