Preview Changes/Preview v GWS in Alice

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice this week if May didn't bomb it to the left every kick out. Can't remember the last time Max marked one there and we seem to just turn it over for a quick re-entry. Not to mention it's incredibly predictable for the opposition to set up for.
This is the sort of stupid stuff that has crept back into our game. Boring, predictable, and not even very effective.

Interesting - An statistical analysis came out a few weeks back that said we were by far the best kick out team in the comp.

Perhaps the "stupid stuff" isn't always as it seems.

"At the other end of the scale, it’s Melbourne leading the way with +21 from kick outs as one of only two teams to have a positive tally (Western Bulldogs +1)."

The ‘alarming’ footy act that has some teams ‘bleeding’ goals... and will ‘swing a final’

Honestly if the boys go out and kick 8.17 again they can gagf, even if they win, it's s**t footy.

Hope Tomlinson plays though.

Yeah were absolutely crying out for some excitement and youth. Harmes back in the guts ... wow.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Coach was asked about changes, said have to reward good form . We have kids showing good form at Casey not being rewarded.
Asked how Thomo took being dropped his answer did not address that at all .
I still think he has his pecking order and that’s reflected in the ins and outs each week so far.
Angry react at Goody, not you.
Interested and perplexed to see who actually lines up.
Withholding judgement until I see who comes in, and if we make any noticeable changes to forward 50 entries and structure.

Interesting - An statistical analysis came out a few weeks back that said we were by far the best kick out team in the comp.

"At the other end of the scale, it’s Melbourne leading the way with +21 from kick outs as one of only two teams to have a positive tally (Western Bulldogs +1)."

The ‘alarming’ footy act that has some teams ‘bleeding’ goals... and will ‘swing a final’
See this is everything I hate about Goody and our gameplan. Obviously someone has told him the Moneyball stats safe option is to do this. It's slow, boring, and predictable. Just like the rest of our gameplan.
Remember when we used to play "chaos" footy. My god, even that imbecile BT now thinks we are "control" vs the "chaos" of teams like Collingwood. Even that stupid moron BT, who hates us and has an IQ of 27, thinks we are boring and predictable to watch.
Don't take risks, because you might lose by 40 instead of 15 (or whatever our average losing margin is). FFS, if Harmes didn't do that risky kick in the GF it could be argued we would have lost.
* the stats guys. Take the game on, trust your instincts and play with a bit of bloody mongrel. Don't die wondering.

Ridiculous changes.

Same old s**t week in week out. Players like Melk, Harmes, Brown who are absolutely passed it getting into the team.

Yet Howes, Woewodin, Laurie, Turner continue to show consistency in the 2s and where's the reward.

Get games into the youth FFS!

We’re battling for a crucial spot in the top 4. We are not anywhere near “get games into the youth” territory.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, Crazy Goody is back! This has the stench of the old Jones, Bate, Bail ins from a decade ago. We're officially in panic mode. Surprised GWS haven't blown out to favouritism

I would be surprised to see Melksham in ahead of Brown if one of those get selected.

The Giants team reads quite nicely but they are missing Whitfield and coming off the dreaded bye.

I like the Alice games and believe Melbourne can win this, what I really want is the changes to be the stepping stone to a functioning forward line that takes it chances.

We’re battling for a crucial spot on the top 4. We are not anywhere near “get games into the youth” territory.
It's not give games to young blokes because they're young; Woey, Laurie, DTurner have been consistently good in the VFL all year. More about rewarding players for good form. Melk and BBB were better last week, but before that very patchy.
McVee was rewarded for a great PS and has looked the part all year. JVR had good VFL form last year and to start this year and has been important.

We weren't bombing it to the left back flank for a few weeks there. It was a nice while it lasted.

See this is everything I hate about Goody and our gameplan. Obviously someone has told him the Moneyball stats safe option is to do this. It's slow, boring, and predictable. Just like the rest of our gameplan.
Remember when we used to play "chaos" footy. My god, even that imbecile BT now thinks we are "control" vs the "chaos" of teams like Collingwood. Even that stupid moron BT, who hates us and has an IQ of 27, thinks we are boring and predictable to watch.
Don't take risks, because you might lose by 40 instead of 15 (or whatever our average losing margin is). FFS, if Harmes didn't do that risky kick in the GF it could be argued we would have lost.
* the stats guys. Take the game on, trust your instincts and play with a bit of bloody mongrel. Don't die wondering.

You mean coaches base their plans on measurable outcomes? That's so crazy! They should base it on how many times BT gets to yell things!

It's not give games to young blokes because they're young; Woey, Laurie, DTurner have been consistently good in the VFL all year. More about rewarding players for good form. Melk and BBB were better last week, but before that very patchy.
McVee was rewarded for a great PS and has looked the part all year. JVR had good VFL form last year and to start this year and has been important.

Unless you’re in ‘ignore ladder position’ mode you can only have so many under 21yo’s in your 22. Seasoned AFL bodies will overwhelm enthusiastic but inexperienced kids four times out of five.

The final six games of home and away with a top four spot in the balance is not the time to be tinkering and experimenting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back