Preview Changes & Preview vs Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor Dicko, I fear the same. Unless there’s injuries, that could be it.

When you look at this article from 2017:

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/beware-of-the-western-bulldogs-20170119-gtuti7.html

"When I met Tory Dickson at the club on Tuesday morning, he had just ridden 50 kilometres on a bike. That's because he's still not running. He played last year with groin injuries, nearly missing each of the last six games including the grand final. He battled loss of speed, loss of agility, had his hips strapped before every game and was still a crucial player. Post-season, he had an operation which replaced an eroded hip joint with gell and took shrapnel bone out of tendon. Only four Bulldogs played all 26 games last year."

That was in 2017. I love the bloke but he's definitely in the "one season too long" basket. I've noticed that Bev's been dropping him behind the ball and using him as an onfield general, a cool older head. But he just doesn't have the midfield skills to be anything other than a small forward.

Feeling confident. That's a really bad sign. Just go out and work hard. More importantly enjoy! If Aaron's in that mindset again we're home.
All niggles and pain for the week is being sucked up by me - toothache. Dentist this arvo. It's a long wait. Sympathy please.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

This is why everyone should have a stash of hard opiates on standby.

So true. However I've had a tooth pulled but I'm sure he's missed something as I came home in just as much agony as what I went in with. Taking too many painkillers in too short a time so on top of the grog I love there goes the liver. It's fng 2019 ffs so why am I in agony??????
Anyway. Bulldogs to win coz something has to go right this week

Feeling confident. That's a really bad sign. Just go out and work hard. More importantly enjoy! If Aaron's in that mindset again we're home.
All niggles and pain for the week is being sucked up by me - toothache. Dentist this arvo. It's a long wait. Sympathy please.

Sorry to hear that - I had all four wisdom teeth out on Monday.
This hasn't been that fun a week, save for reading every article ever written about Aaron Naughton.

And there's more -
Ex bullet Tom Fullarton is 200 cm,Connor Ballenden 200/101
We'd love Ballenden. IIRC we bid on him so our recruiters rate him highly.

LOL People looking for ways to fit Suckling back into defense..
Move JJ or Richards to the wing.No why
When they supply so much run.
Someone even suggested He can play Daniel's role.
Kidding me if you think Suckling has even a third of Daniel's football brain.Not many have..
Personally l would only use him as a half forward leading for chest marks.As he is no good overhead.There He could use his long kicking for goal..As we are not replacing like for like forwards.
Richards has hardly played defence this year, played forward against Richmond.
After seeing Dickson line up on the wing in the second half I'd play Richards there (rather than forward) as I love the way he runs and carries the ball.
Wallis forward, Suckling wing/defensive rotation.

Reasonable change. Dickson easily our worst last week and has only played maybe 1 or 2 good games so far this year. Hopefully regains form in the VFL but I fear this may be the beginning of the end for him, just hasn't looked up to it lately
I love Dicko but if Bailey Dale starts hitting form he might have to wait a few weeks for a send-off game. The club rate him and he's getting closer to match fit.

Very little parking at the ground itself, but there is usually a park and ride set up, where you park at the golf club nearby and shuttle buses run you there and back after the game for I think it was $5 each car. Haven't seen it advertised but I assume it is happening again this time around. Otherwise park near Ballarat train station and get the shuttle bus from there is the other recommendation.
Same arrangement this time according the the City Council website. :thumbsu:

Think Lachie Young showed some good signs last week, so probably good that he’s kept his place.
At the moment he’s still just learning the pace of the top level. A lot of his errors have come from slow decision making which means his disposal options dry up, ultimately resulting in a turnover.

Hey Guys! Just wondering what parking is like there? We are driving and the doggies website suggests there's plenty but you just never know what you're in for until you arrive.
This is the official information:

Driving to the game:

Take the Midland Highway exit from the Western Freeway when travelling from Melbourne. Address: 710 Creswick Road, Wendouree.

Public Transport:

For information, including route details and timetables, visit the PTV website.

Shuttle bus to and from the Ballarat Railway Station:

To assist footy fans with parking, the City of Ballarat will once again provide a free shuttle bus and park and ride service. A shuttle bus will depart Ballarat Railway Station Bus Terminal and travel to Mars Stadium from 11:30am on game day.

The shuttle bus will meet patrons arriving on the 11.40am, 12.40pm and 1.40pm trains. From 4pm, a return shuttle will depart Mars Stadium and drop passengers off in Sturt Street opposite the Ballarat Town Hall.

This shuttle service is expected to continue until all patrons have left Mars Stadium, approximately 6pm.

Park & Ride Shuttle:

From 12.30pm, a shuttle bus will depart the Midland’s Golf Club Car Park on Heinz Lane and travel to Mars Stadium, continuing a 20-minute loop until approximately 2.30pm.

A return shuttle will operate from approximately 4pm and is expected to operate until all patrons have left.

On-street parking:

On-street parking will be available for drivers in Howitt and Norman Streets, as well as Creswick Road (north of Norman Street).

Drivers are also urged to utilise the hundreds of parking spaces available at C.E Brown Reserve and surrounding ovals.

These parking spaces can be accessed from Dowling Street, and patrons will have access to the Mars Stadium gates via a short walk.

No joke I had a toothache that came on over about half an hour from about midnight a few weeks ago. Worst pain I've felt since I broke my collarbone in half in year six. If it wasn't for some endone a friend had given me a long time ago that was sitting in my medicine cabinet I'm not sure how I would have gotten through the night.

In short, I agree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reasonable change. Dickson easily our worst last week and has only played maybe 1 or 2 good games so far this year. Hopefully regains form in the VFL but I fear this may be the beginning of the end for him, just hasn't looked up to it lately
Closely followed by Flowers IMO

Closely followed by Gowers IMO

Going to be interesting to see how some of our players go in the cold, the wet and the windy conditions.

Lachie Hunter and JJ in particular.

The conditions for this Saturday:

The weather forecast is for 14° with a 20 kph (12 knot) westerly wind and 20% chance of less than 1mm of rain. There will be about 60-70% cloud cover. You could not ask for better AFL playing conditions. Honestly, those conditions are exactly what the game is designed for. No excuses, neither team can blame the conditions on the day. I checked out the oval today and it's like carpet. It's mint! The rain last week worked a charm, and another 25mm over the next 24 hours will soften it enough to make the surface really bounce.

Hay bu
LOL People looking for ways to fit Suckling back into defense..
Move JJ or Richards to the wing.No why
When they supply so much run.
Someone even suggested He can play Daniel's role.
Kidding me if you think Suckling has even a third of Daniel's football brain.Not many have..
Personally l would only use him as a half forward leading for chest marks.As he is no good overhead.There He could use his long kicking for goal..As we are not replacing like for like forwards.
Daniel is very good down back with ball in hand but so is suckling . Brisbane is expecting Daniel down there which is why I suggested Suckling to mix things up a little . Likewise Either of the two can deliver into forward 50 so of course it’s not a like for like replacement when does Bev ever do that ?

Last edited:
Anyone know if the boys are doing a captains run tomorrow in Ballarat? Might go for a look if they do

Remove this Banner Ad

Back