Preview Changes & Preview vs Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember the first time we beat Swans at their dung heap, in the rain a real scrap, second time it was easier, and so on, wishful thinking it’s the same with Geelong.

Who takes Kelly, who takes Danger?
Libba on Kelly, Dunkley on Danger with emphasis on stopping Danger at the source. Don't worry about getting the ball, just stop him from getting it out of the stoppage.

Was just talking in the office, gonna be some good match-ups.

I'd play Gowers on Stewart as a defensive forward, leaves Taylor for Naughton.
Crozier on Ablett, Cordy on Ratugolea and Trengove on Hawkins (assuming English is back into the team).

Tom Atkins has Caleb Daniel written on his fridge, his wrist and he is even planning a tattoo.

Tom Hawkins and Ratugolea to play higher and draw our taller types out of the tongue to let
their smalls go to work.

Beat them last year, although it was Marvel. We used to play well down at Cat Park, we need to get that back, seen we seem to be sacrificed to play them there every bloody year.
We just never seem to have any luck at Kardinia Park.

In 2016 we should’ve won but then Macrae and Libba went down then I think in 2017 there was a real iffy call and 50m penalty given against Cloke that completely changed the momentum of the game in a Friday or Sat night game there.

Due for a bit of fortune down there and it may not be the worst time to play them.

Libba on Kelly, Dunkley on Danger with emphasis on stopping Danger at the source. Don't worry about getting the ball, just stop him from getting it out of the stoppage.

Was just talking in the office, gonna be some good match-ups.

Crozier on Ablett, Cordy on Ratugolea and Trengove on Hawkins (assuming English is back into the team).

I don't think this type of 'our players having to stop their players' thinking really makes the cut anymore.

You come out thinking you can win the game and back your players and style in.

I don't think this type of 'our players having to stop their players' thinking really makes the cut anymore.

You come out thinking you can win the game and back your players and style in.
That's right out of the Bevo book of quotes. He might not have said it yet but I'm sure he's planning to at some stage.

Blicavs has been our #1 key defender for about 18 months now and will almost certainly take Naughton.

Feeling pretty good about this game. It’ll a tough win but cats, bar Kelly, lost to North in the midfield last week and ours isbetter. North just had shocking disposal in the Tardis and butchered a lot of gettable opportunities.

I also think Geelong have adapted their forward line to be a lot smaller and pressure based similar to Richmond. I actually think this suits our smaller defense more then big blokes as shown in the Richmond games this and last year.

The key to beating Geelong is playing 6 forwards to stop their defense easily intercepting and rebounding. Usually Geelongs midfield is too strong to play equal numbers against so a forward gets rotated into congestion creating the outnumber. We have to back our midfield in to win with even numbers and give enough entries to a 6 v 6 forward line to give out selves the best chance.

Libba and Macrae have had some of the lowest midfield minutes of their careers these last few weeks. My feeling is bevo realised after the collingwood game that playing them full time would wear them out in games and over the season. He’s played a bigger mix over the last month but I’d expect these two to come in primed and ready this week. Expecting big games from them.

Go dogs!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not many because for years Geelong have made it difficult for opposing fans to enter that place. Nothing has changed since the new stands. If they want crowds to go down there, they need to change their ways. It’s a joke

I agree and also it's quite expensive. I'll be there at the ground along with at least 4 other Bulldog supporters :)

I agree and also it's quite expensive. I'll be there at the ground along with at least 4 other Bulldog supporters :)
A mate of mine tried to get a ticket there in 2016, they wanted $50. He said get stuffed. Walked around the other side of the ground, and got in for $25!

What the heck people wanting to drop bailey smith haha he had a good 2nd half on Saturday and played well all season we have a good list but not that good

Skinny ground requires a different game plan. Kick out to the flanks, only ever attempt a short switch if the man is on or Geelong will burn us. Long switches only by Suckling. Otherwise play the territory game and work out a dirty scrappy win. Need a low turnover game and we can do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back