Preview Changes & Preview vs Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

IN English, OUT Roberts.

Roberts very stiff, but should get more chances through the year. If he comes in and plays as well then he earns himself another contract easily enough.

Trengove may end up heading forward/ruck next week. Naughton may need the help up against Taylor and Blicavs. Hawkins the only real worry as a tall forward for them, so may see Bevo back Cordy in.

Gowers needs to go out because he needs to find some touch. For weeks now he has been fumbling with the ball, but I don't know who take his place. Maybe Lippy and have Bont forward more.

Out: hayes
In: lipinski

Out:
In: English

I really loved Roberts' game today. Team balance shows he'll have to miss out for English which sucks.

Im not a fan of Gowers, but both logical alternatives in Greene and Cavarra are injured.

I know he's not playing well, but most people arn't seeing or giving him credit for all the off the ball work and team things gowers does. The quiet team things he does are loved by the team, and probably bevo.

Those calling for schache over him will be surprised about the hole he will leave when out of the team.

About 3 or 4 of our goals resulted from blocks, bumps sheppards or some involvement from him. He also had a couple of shots.

I agree that he should be our 3rd or 4th forward and focus more on tackling, but i also think he is important for our team.

For Geelong, i don't think we can carry english, trengove and roberts. Some combination of these three will result in the only changes. I prefer trengove over roberts to play on Hawkins. So English for roberts my only change.

I also don't get the negative comments for la young on here. Thought he was really solid today, and his right boot is like a hammer. Look at some of hixx kicks from yhe richmond game. Once he gets a bit more experience and confidence, he could be like a right foot suckling. Give him time.

English for Roberts. I like Fletch but we need Trengove to take Hawkins.

Smith might need a rest. Hope Bailey Dale plays well. We can move McLean into the midfield rotations this week to cover Smith, if not Dale than reward our best F50 tackler in the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gowers has rightly been criticised for not enough tackles but credit where it's due today - he made 5 tackles in what is probably a season high for the team of 86 tackles.

Gowers busted his arse to provide a strong, physical presence out there and his effort was responsible for about 3-4 goals. I admit he has been down for a few weeks but yesterday he was a really solid contributor. Schache could do worse than watch a video of Gowers yesterday, that is the level of intensity he needs to get back into the side.

Roberts did nothing wrong but if English is right he goes out for him, Trengove goes to Hawkins, English gets an ideal ruck match up.

Thought Hayes was extremely fumbly all day even with clear space, cost us a goal on one occasion.

Don’t get the calls about smith looking tired had most of his touches in the second half, didn’t get a lot of the ball but worked his backside off with 9 tackles for the day.

Thought young was okay yesterday, have seen some signs from him the last 2 weeks which is promising but I’d have him up there with Hayes as the possibilities to go out.

Hope English is right to go this week and would love to see lewy young have another good game and push to be second ruck/forward, also hope lipinski plays well.

Won’t happen but would love to see
Out: Roberts Hayes la young
In: English lew young lipinski

In English Lipinski Williams

Out Roberts, Hayes, Smith (rest, starting to look cooked)

I agree that often, 'easy' goals to a player are the result of the whole forward line working hard together. Maybe its hard for us fans to now when that happens.

Whether or not Gowers is helping create goals, I cant tell. Hes not getting dropped, so....

In: Dale , Williams, English
Out: Hayes, Young, Roberts

Better players in playing the same role as the other with cats having smaller fwd line meaning williams is more suited

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back