Preview Changes & Preview vs Geelong Cats

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont like this year's or last year's or the one before that. And I look at other team's jumpers and they are consistently high quality.

Tentatively, part of it may be a lack of Aboriginal and Torres Strait islander art (particularly from Vic) in only red, white and blue. All of our jumpers seem to involve the introduction of an additional element (i.e. the wanderer, the sun this year, the green, yellow and black last year). You dont see that as much with other teams, and it looks great.

Last edited:
Do we have any boys with indigenous backgrounds playing this week?
We don't have anyone even on the list. Trengove is an honorary brother from his Power days.

They really need to learn to win away from Cat park.

Round 1 - def Collingwood by 7 points (MCG)
Round 3- def Adelaide by 24 points (AO)
Round 5 - def Hawthorn by 24 points (MCG)
Round 7 - def Essendon by 32 points (MCG)

I was thinking we did but I was thinking of Liam Jones who left a couple of years back.
Yep, and there we questions about Ghosty but he isn't either.
We get two in 2020 under the NGA, two very good ones it seems.

Who are they Mof?
Jamarra Ugle-Hagen (tall, potential superstar) and Cooper Craig-Peters who also designed our 2018 indigenous round jumper. He's more a solid tackling type I believe. Jamarra is the one I hype up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1 - def Collingwood by 7 points (MCG)
Round 3- def Adelaide by 24 points (AO)
Round 5 - def Hawthorn by 24 points (MCG)
Round 7 - def Essendon by 32 points (MCG)

Home and away doesn’t really cut it though does it, I mean you always do quite well in the home and away season, but fail when the whips get cracking in finals.

A good team can win finals anywhere, even interstate which Geelong has never done in its history. Not even in your 2007-2011 run, all your finals were in Victoria.

Not even in your 2007-2011 run, all your finals were in Victoria.
That generally happens when you're good enough to finish in the top 2 at the end of the home and away season. Incidentally, all those finals were played away from Cat Park.

I digress, your post implied that we need to learn to win away from our home ground ... we've done that this year irrespective of them being finals. We done it in 2017 when we beat Sydney at the MCG, and again the previous year in 2016 when we beat Hawthorn, so the evidence suggests we can win finals as well away from our home ground.

The fact is we really haven't been that good since 2013 when we narrowly lost to Hawthorn in the prelim final, (another year we managed to win a final away from KP) and I'd say overachieved.

Too much is made of our recent finals performances when we were simply deficient in too many areas and came up against teams who were simply better than us. It's that simple and has nothing to do with the ground as this years results show now those deficiencies have been rectified.

Don't think I need it cleared up tbh. You're kidding yourself if you think he's performing to an acceptable standard regardless of his role.
He needs to come up with something to justify Gowers. He sacrificed his game to keep a premiership captain who did retire to only 14 possessions to his 6 .it is a good effort against a player who is there to coach and instruct team mates because he is now unable to impact games like he did 3 years ago.

That generally happens when you're good enough to finish in the top 2 at the end of the home and away season. Incidentally, all those finals were played away from Cat Park.

I digress, your post implied that we need to learn to win away from our home ground ... we've done that this year irrespective of them being finals. We done it in 2017 when we beat Sydney at the MCG, and again the previous year in 2016 when we beat Hawthorn, so the evidence suggests we can win finals as well away from our home ground.

The fact is we really haven't been that good since 2013 when we narrowly lost to Hawthorn in the prelim final, (another year we managed to win a final away from KP) and I'd say overachieved.

Too much is made of our recent finals performances when we were simply deficient in too many areas and came up against teams who were simply better than us. It's that simple and has nothing to do with the ground as this years results show now those deficiencies have been rectified.[/

A little too confident for May don’t you think, Tigers 2018 springs to mind. It’s a long year, injuries and form play a role, especially when you carry key players in their declining years.

However you get a leg up playing at Cat Park which has unique dimensions to any other ground, but have failed and failed badly in finals, as the trade off. The win against Collingwood looks good, but as their preseason started later due to being in a GF, and it was round 1, a 7 point win victory is fading.

Melbourne, Essendon are down the bottom of the ladder, you lost to your perennial bunnies last year, I.e. Bulldogs, you have beaten Adelaide consistently away since you got Danger.

All teams who are not MCG tenants, play home finals away, we played an Elimination Final at the G in 2015, for example, instead of Etihad/Marvel. No excuses Cat fan, deliver or shut the * up.

Too much is made of our recent finals performances when we were simply deficient in too many areas and came up against teams who were simply better than us. It's that simple and has nothing to do with the ground as this years results show now those deficiencies have been rectified.

Thanks for explaining that to us on our board in such a jolly, light-hearted, friendly, non-condescending, non-pedantic way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back