Preview Changes/Preview vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Martin and Sexton are both in red hot form, so I imagine they're the biggest threat
Rankine missing will be a big out though, he looked decent in our JLT game. Reckon Crozier could be a good match-up against Sexton, good in the air and able to win (or at least half) the one on one contests more often than not.

Rankine missing will be a big out though, he looked decent in our JLT game. Reckon Crozier could be a good match-up against Sexton, good in the air and able to win (or at least half) the one on one contests more often than not.
Crozier and Duryea should match up well with Martin and Sexton, but with us tending to use a zone style defence instead of specific one-on-ones, I worry about some of our slower guys getting caught on someone like Martin.

But you're right about Rankine being out - he is one less to worry about. Them having to rely on Collins and Hombsch, and missing Thompson, means that Naughton and Schache should theoretically have a field day. I really think their inexperienced defence could get exposed by our in-form forwards (wow, never thought I'd say that) so hopefully our English, Bont, Macrae, Libba midfield beats their Witts, Weller, Miller, Swallow group. This should be an opportunity for a percentage booster, but the fact we only won by 9 points last time still has me somewhat concerned

BzQhuq2.jpg

Continual Picture Use: 10/10 Rabbles. Would rabble again.

5 day break is a worry. Would like to see the likes of Dickson, English and Smith managed for that game. Bring JJ in for the Pies.
You're getting one wish there.

Stevo tweeting today that JJ was hoping to be back for the GCS game, has been ruled out and will now he hoping to face the Pies.

You're getting one wish there.

Stevo tweeting today that JJ was hoping to be back for the GCS game, has been ruled out and will now he hoping to face the Pies.

Stevo actually tweeted that two days ago Mofra, since then the Injury report from the Dogs came out saying he is set to return for the GCS game so who knows now...

Stevo actually tweeted that two days ago Mofra, since then the Injury report from the Dogs came out saying he is set to return for the GCS game so who knows now...
Jeez I'm behind the times.
People were going nuts about the umpiring two days ago, I'm sure that's calmed down by now too...

I'm not an umpire basher, but I've a funny feeling GC will win the free kick count this week, as well as a few 50m penalties. "The look of the game"

We have so many left footers. Is this a tactical advantage?

Our 2 key forwards, Schache & Naughton.
On the backline we have Crozier & Suckling.
Then almost our entire midfield, Bont, Macrae, Libba, Hunter & Richards. Anyone else?

We have so many left footers. Is this a tactical advantage?

Our 2 key forwards, Schache & Naughton.
On the backline we have Crozier & Suckling.
Then almost our entire midfield, Bont, Macrae, Libba, Hunter & Richards. Anyone else?
I saw Dunks 'kick' with his left peg this year and may have been intentional.
Duyrea. Leftie no?

Yep Duyrea too.

Cordy kicks with both, but he's right footed.
Ive noticed, well at least i think ive noticed, an intent by most on the team to use their non preferred if thats what the situation dictates.

Caleb still seems a little reluctant and Hunter, after only 7 years of full time skills training, utterly resistant to the notion that he might be able to use his right foot to kick the ball, but on the whole I am happy with this.

Just found out from a mate who is part of the umpiring fraternity that the start time for this game has been pushed back to 2:20pm this Sunday. Apparently nothing to do with daylight savings. Curious to know if anyone knows the reasons why or if everybody was aware?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just found out from a mate who is part of the umpiring fraternity that the start time for this game has been pushed back to 2:20pm this Sunday. Apparently nothing to do with daylight savings. Curious to know if anyone knows the reasons why or if everybody was aware?

It was like that when the fixture was made.

It’s always been 2.20 but there seems to be no reason for it.

Footscray play Friday night.

Is it worth giving JJ a run in the VFL so he gets a seven day break for the Collingwood match? It sounds a bit risky to bring him straight back in the seniors where there is only a five day break between matches.

I suspect simply so it smoothly flows into the third game for broadcaster which starts at 5.20pm AEST/3.20pm AWST.

Ive noticed, well at least i think ive noticed, an intent by most on the team to use their non preferred if thats what the situation dictates.

Caleb still seems a little reluctant and Hunter, after only 7 years of full time skills training, utterly resistant to the notion that he might be able to use his right foot to kick the ball, but on the whole I am happy with this.
Theres very few players who wont use their opposite these days, it must be such a massive part of training, which i love. Honestly give it another 3 years with this group and 70% of the 22 each week are going to be just as comfortable on their opposites. I remember how non existant Macraes right was, i remember in JLT seeing him take a mark on the left wing then swinging onto his right and nailing a kick into the center. The fact hes got confidence to kick on his right even from a mark where he can quite easily use his preferred left is quite remarkable.

I cannot believe why we would drop English. He is our future just keep playing him he will get better each week and he has done his job in the first 2 weeks.
i agree that english needs to be played for development and am glad he took that nice mark at the end of the game,. but he can drive you nuts with his positioning and dropped marks. he needs experience in the firsts but also in the seconds. he will be dropped.

Caleb kicks very well on both, but he's a rightie.
I have to challenge you there. I think Daniel cannot kick at all on his left foot to the point he will run himself into trouble to get onto his right or otherwise kick an inside out kick on his right in preference to his left. I’d go so far as to say it’s his biggest weakness as a player.

The important thing is that most lefties are generally decent on their nonpreferred foot so you don't have to worry so much about them being corralled to the point of trying to only kick on their preferred foot.

Dani

I have to challenge you there. I think Daniel cannot kick at all on his left foot to the point he will run himself into trouble to get onto his right or otherwise kick an inside out kick on his right in preference to his left. I’d go so far as to say it’s his biggest weakness as a player.

I've seen him execute a few flat passes with his left over the years, but he doesn't do it often so maybe you're right.

I don't think it's an inability to kick on his left, the few times (<5) I've seen him do it he nails it. It seems to be that he chooses not to use it or a mental thing where he can't use it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back