Preview Changes/Preview vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Footscray play Friday night.

Is it worth giving JJ a run in the VFL so he gets a seven day break for the Collingwood match? It sounds a bit risky to bring him straight back in the seniors where there is only a five day break between matches.
I'd give him restricted minutes to get some touch back into his game. Any gametime should be better than just training.

The important thing is that most lefties are generally decent on their nonpreferred foot so you don't have to worry so much about them being corralled to the point of trying to only kick on their preferred foot.

Dani
I disagree. Most lefties are terrible on their right because all through juniors they were able to get an extra second my swinging on to their left

I disagree. Most lefties are terrible on their right because all through juniors they were able to get an extra second my swinging on to their left

Yep lefties are usually more one sided than righties IMO. Bont gun that he is has developed on the right but most don't IMO

I'd imagine if Trengove fit you would have both rucks go at Witts.
We've already won two games playing one ruck and Bevo stated that we'll continue to go in with one ruck.

Trengove isn't playing at any level this week - gastro + an ankle injury. Witts normally doesn't get many possies around the ground although he got 21 against us last year.

GCS aren't a pushover this year but if we're serious this year we should be able to maintain our inside 50 count from the first two weeks. If we do that against a side that lost May over the pre-season then their best remaining tall defender (Rory Thompson) we can kick a winning score. Dickson's defensive efforts have been good in the first two rounds so perhaps he gets first crack at Harbrow because quite simply if you stop Harbrow you really limit GCS' scoring chains from the back half.

Does anyone know if Liam is getting a lap of honour. Knowing the type of person he is he may not want one but he sure deserves it. Us supporters would like to say goo bye,
Bevo was asked this earlier today. No plans he knows of for this weekend but thinks they’ll do something in the future. Possibly with Redpath etc.

Does anyone know if Liam is getting a lap of honour. Knowing the type of person he is he may not want one but he sure deserves it. Us supporters would like to say goo bye,

Not listed for this weekend at this stage. I'm wondering if they might do it the following week - we play Collingwood (Billy connection maybe? - although it's not a home game for us).

If they do it I just PRAY it's right before the bounce of the ball or at half time - others have gone around about 30mins prior to start and no one is there to see them - I always feel sorry for them. & embarrassed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• 41 Jordon Sweet
  • 34 Bailey Williams
  • 30 Fergus Greene
  • 27 Patrick Lipinski
  • 29 Tory Dickson
  • 20 Ed Richards
  • 6 Bailey Smith
  • 2 Lewis Young
I'd like to see a 4-man bench of Sweet, Williams, Dickson and Smith.
Lewis Young unlucky.

But not every member will be there.

Personally I would prefer it to be when we are the "HOME" team.

Plus do you think Collingwood will give it the best attention.

Yeah, I agree. Was just a thought. Everyone loves Picko tho, so I reakon he'd get a good reception from Pie supporters.

• 41 Jordon Sweet
  • 34 Bailey Williams
  • 30 Fergus Greene
  • 27 Patrick Lipinski
  • 29 Tory Dickson
  • 20 Ed Richards
  • 6 Bailey Smith
  • 2 Lewis Young
I'd like to see a 4-man bench of Sweet, Williams, Dickson and Smith.
Lewis Young unlucky.

I'd go for mobility and speed: Williams, Dickson, Richards, Smith. Back Wood to neutralise Big Pete Wright who will be starved of delivery anyway if we continue with the current form.

Billy’s son, so I would think so.

He has played for the Bulldogs all his playing career so he deserves to have a "Lap of Honour" at a Bulldogs game.

As I said before if you want the Collingwood element make it when we play them at Marvel.

I know next week is a "Replacement Game" but that only entitles you to "General Admission" only unless you buy a seat and then you won't be able to get down the front.

I say stuff Collingwood and give him a "BULLDOG" farewell

Remove this Banner Ad

Back