Preview Changes: QF v GWS

Pick ONE defender and FOUR half forwards/wingmen from the players below

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's hope Greenwood doubles his prayers this week. We need him to play a big game.
It'd be a pretty shallow person who prayed for success in a sporting match.

Besides, when the likes of greenwood and gaj say a prayer before a game what do you think they pray for? World peace?
I don't think that they're praying to win. Probably a large element of thanks, but I'm not there so don't know for sure.

Wow Giants have named a tall side considering the conditions, Inthought they might drop a tall and bring in an extra runner however they went the other way and have replaced two runners with an additional tall

Mumford
Davis
Lobb
Cameron
Patton
Himmelberg

I'm not convinced on their team balance

They will camp two loose talls in defence all night like any successful team would against us.

No Sloane, no Crows? Well this is the game that will either confirm or debunk that theory. The early flag favourites now at nearly full strength and Crows without their best midfielder. I wasn't nervous about this game before his exclusion was confirmed but now I have a bad feeling about it. Time for our 2nd tier midfielders to seriously turn it up. I'm looking at you CC,Douglas,Rat,Seed and Mackay. I expect Matt,Brad and Greenwood to play well as they have been but we'll need all those others to put in their best games to get over the line I think.
Go Crows!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They will camp two loose talls in defence all night like any successful team would against us.
1) Hope that Betts, Cameron and Knight pull their finger out this week and compete hard defensively rather than pick and choose.
2) That when GWS do rebound, hopefully the poor weather curtails their ability to do it quickly with precision.

They'll be relying on marking the ball on the wings and inside 50, otherwise we'll run it out and set up field position.

Absolutely MASSIVE games needed from Talia, Lever, Hartigan and Kelly, to spill it down to Smith and Laird. More important than the mids IMO.
Keath should have played.

Lever is going to have to be accountable to a big guy. He struggled in this area against Essendon....

I am more concerned about this than Sloane not playing.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well he wouldn't of just had his appendix out.
No. But it was obvious to anyone who saw Jenkins hobble up the steps to his seat in the SANFL Final the day after we beat Norf that Jenkins woukd not be right to play against Sydney the following week.

Plus we rested Thor, Talia and Tex. We rested no-one last year.

The club has learnt about injuries.

Keath should have played.

Lever is going to have to be accountable to a big guy. He struggled in thus area against Essendon....

I am more concerned about this than Sloane not playing.

He's not even named on the emergency list unfortunately.

Huge month for Lever...I'll forever hate him if he lets us down.

Himmelberg shouldn't be playing. Firstly, he's still too raw and has major flaws. Secondly, as you said, I think they're a bit tall now. They should've played Taranto.
They will be trying to exploit Lever down back with the extra height.

They will be trying to exploit Lever down back with the extra height.

Thankfully the weather will be in his favour this week.

My other concern about our defensive talls is I don't want to see Lever and Hartigan madly jumping up to spoil and letting it out the back in the wet...footy basics but I hope we get it right. I wish we had a 'goalkeeper' Sydney style.

Back