Preview Changes: R10 2019 v West Coast - NOW WITH POLL!

Will the match committee opt for Jenkins or Himmelberg this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is it that there always a reason when JJ play well, ie smaller defenders, easy ball, give me goals.
Why is it that some are saying Himmelberg is being rested when he should be omitted.
Are we so against JJ that we cannot see he a better fit in the Crows than Himmelberg when in form. Even when playing crap, he takes more contested Marks, more marks total. get his hands on the ball more. More marks inside 50, and more shots at goals and that when he is playing Crap, JJ biggest issue this year was his lack of Goals, And Himmelberg is not much better.

He was the Best for the Crows on Sat in the SANFL, he was even better in the ruck for the Crows SANFL against Ladhams.

But with all the dislike for JJ going on in BF some are missing the reason why he needs to come back.
Every time the Crows had a run on, Brisbane fought back when ROB needed a rest, Have a closer look at the replay and count how many Goals Brisbane got from clearance while Himmelberg was in the Ruck. How many time we lost momentum when Himmelberg went into the ruck, Himmelberg was soundly beaten on Sat and was soundly beaten last week against Port, he did not nullify the ruck contest.
If the Crows expect to go deep into the Finals they will need a supporting Ruckman, not a makeshift one. more so when they are up against solid ruck combinations, Our Midfield has shown all year we are not good at winning to losing rucks, so we need our supporting ruck to nullify the contest as a min.

How important is have a good solid supporting ruck after Saturday you tell me. ROB improving but he needs support and could have done with better support on SAT.
If we are going to win on Sat we need ROB and a good support ruck. without it we will struggle with our current midfield.
Good post. I watched that entire game and paid close attention to JJ. Weak opposition or not he did exactly what he's supposed to do; play in front and present himself. He also dished off a goal or 2 as well IIRC. I'm quite sure he'll come back this week. He won't kick 6 goals (probably not), but as long as he leads from the front and makes a contest he's doing his job. Our midfield is operating much better now than when he was dropped so hopefully he'll have an impact. Berg will get his chance latter on but I feel he's not quite ready yet.

Are people wanting Jenkins back because he kicked 6 goals? Is that why he was dropped? For not kicking enough goals?

I thought it was because he wasn't doing enough of the other stuff. The team stuff. The non-glamorous stuff.

Did he provide that in the SANFL?
Yes.

With those votes whilst considered unusual in a 1 point difference
I am not certain anyone else deserved a vote for AFC
It was a strange game. Felt like we got belted all day, no one really played that well, our pressure was the worst it’s been in a month and yet we nearly stole it. Not sure if this is a positive or negative yet

Apologies for the intrusion but is Milera expected back this week? Got him in my Fantasy Draft side and he'd be the perfect guy to come in for Tom Langdon for me.
A week or 2 yet and will probably get at least 1 week in the 2's before he comes back. SANFL also has a split round this week as well so that might delay his return also.

A week or 2 yet and will probably get at least 1 week in the 2's before he comes back. SANFL also has a split round this week as well so that might delay his return also.
I'm expecting him straight back in. He's fit and he's been running the whole time.

Makes no sense to wait for a SANFL game he wouldn't be back in the senior side for another 3 weeks despite being fit!

A loss and Jenkins kicking 6 = JJ call up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Himmelberg hitting the wall is the biggest factor.

It was a strange game. Felt like we got belted all day, no one really played that well, our pressure was the worst it’s been in a month and yet we nearly stole it. Not sure if this is a positive or negative yet

We seem to be a difficult side to put away even when we perform poorly, the Hawthorn/Geelong losses felt like thrashings but the margin's a fairly standard 4-5 goals in the end.

Himmelberg hitting the wall is the biggest factor.
You can call it inconsistency , hitting the wall, inexperience

It really makes no difference he didnt out it on the park last weekend

Its a bit if a kick in the guts to him saying he isnt fit enough after a pre season and only playing few games in his fourth season

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

You can call it inconsistency , hitting the wall, inexperience

It really makes no difference he didnt out it on the park last weekend

Its a bit if a kick in the guts to him saying he isnt fit enough after a pre season and only playing few games in his fourth season

No, there is a difference between inconsistency & hitting the wall.

Inconsistency is where performances are up & down.

Hitting the wall is when they are buggared & need to be managed to refresh.

If I just thought Himmelberg- had a poor week due to inconsistency, I would want us to persist with him.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, there is a difference between inconsistency & hitting the wall.

Inconsistency is where performances are up & down.

Hitting the wall is when they are buggared & need to be managed to refresh.

If I just thought Himmelberg- had a poor weak due to inconsistency, I would want us to persist with him.
Then he is in trouble after playing four games and being on a list for 4 years isnt he

After only 4 games for a player in the system for 4 years to hit the wall is pretty concerning in anyones book

If that is actually the case he will play again this weekend and may perform or may not

Do you pretend to be clueless or are you really that clueless?

I honestly don't know, but perhaps Elite Crow elite can answer as enough of explaining to a complete numbskull tonight.

Not really I thought Brisbane were the better side for major parts of the game, the positive for me was the way we hung in there and nearly pulled it out of the fire in the end against a very improved talented young team on their home deck.
Well yes - all of that is true.

But none of it explains a 10% share of the coaches votes.

Is what it is of course - just seemed odd to me

Having watched the replay tonight I have moderated my views a little;

1) Atkins had an absolutely terrible first half followed by a reasonable second half. It’s the occasional half baked efforts that drive us all crazy. If The SEED is ready to go then The RAT is in trouble.

2) Gallucci was moved onto the wing in the second half with a couple of short stints in the guts and played much better. He seems to get completely lost as a high half forward. Hanging on by a thread. If he survives he must play in the midfield.

3) Jones played mostly on the wing in the first half but was switched into the guts in the second half and looked great. Play him in the guts from the start.

4) Mackay played better than I remembered. Safe as far as the eye can see.

5) ROB was running on empty at the end of the Showdown and he was struggling prior to hurting his ankle against the Lions. Paul Hunter, I’m telling you that your a chance.

6) The BERG allowed Andrews to take too many easy marks and lacked the fierce intent of previous weeks. Is he cooked or was it just an off week? JJ did get his hands dirty in the Twos as well as kicking 6 goals, give BERG a “rest” and put the acid on JJ to perform.

7) Murphy played well but if he keeps missing easy goals Stengle must be given a chance.

8) Greenwood is suffering from a disrupted pre-season (again). With Mrouch missing we gave him much more midfield time in the first half. He then spent the third quarter getting cold up forward and had little impact after half time. We need to go back to Plan A, namely ensuring he has enough petrol tickets for a second half assault.

9) Our defence looked very leaky without Hartigan, how often was a medium/small defender exposed by a big bloke? If Hartigan or Keath are unavailable we must play Andy Otten. If both are unavailable we are in deep ****.

10) Did Cam Rayner play the worst game ever played by a number one draft pick?

I can see why Berg looked buggered. On the Afl app, match day tracker, he covered the equal most distance in the team (14.4 Km). The other person is Atkins.

Atkins also covered more ground at high speed than any other player (3.1 km).

Food for thought. ;)

Attachments

• 64ECF8CC-B976-4D8A-A113-7289F649495A.png
    64ECF8CC-B976-4D8A-A113-7289F649495A.png
    270.8 KB · Views: 46
  • 5367929B-70C2-4AF7-8CD8-67942000A8C8.png
    5367929B-70C2-4AF7-8CD8-67942000A8C8.png
    267.4 KB · Views: 44
I can see why Berg looked buggered. On the Afl app, match day tracker, he covered the equal most distance in the team (14.4 Km). The other person is Atkins.

Atkins also covered more ground at high speed than any other player (3.1 km).

Food for thought. ;)
Should he be doing that much running is that inexperience that is having him do that

Is this the issue he doesnt know what to do, although he has been playing tgat pisition for a number of years

Back