Preview Changes: R10 v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I disagree that it will be a good indication of where the Crows sit. We’ve got more than half of our best 10 players out at the moment, so it’s hard to judge the current team on that.
It's a good test of what the current group is capable of, noting that we can expect significant improvement later in the season if/when our gun players return. We don't have an easy month ahead of us, so this should be a good indicator of what to expect during that time.

Otten will be fine IF the ball is coming in slow.

Most likely the ball will be coming in quick because they will win a decent share in the contest and they are quicker on the outside, in which case Otten will look bad and post match people will say he was a problem.

Doedee at some point I would like to think can defend a stron 3rd tall. He was bulldozed by Stewart in game 1. This will be game 10. He will get there. Our defence as a whole will be better when Doedee can defend genuine 3rd talls.
Every defender looks bad with the ball coming in quick.

Except Doedee :)

Does anyone know if it's true that Rance has had 37 goals kicked on him this season?
Just run with it. Get's tiring listening to the media constantly banging on about he good he is regardless of his performances

Playing this in the NT is fantastic for us. Would be much harder to win in Melbourne. Away game for both teams.

Melbourne selling this fixture last year cost them a finals berth.

Does anyone know if it's true that Rance has had 37 goals kicked on him this season?

Melksham kicked 4 goals on him in the melbourne game. It's nice that 4 goals is only something to think about for a key defender.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl...-goal-burst-slays-demons-20180424-p4zbh7.html

Simon Goodwin had put Jake Melksham forward onto Alex Rance and tried to draw him deep to goal and out of the play. Melksham booted four goals which gave Rance something to think about but he did not deny Rance completely as the defender still roamed and repelled balls coming inside.

Sorry to intrude. I don’t believe it’s true. I’ve kept a close tally on Rance’s goals conceded and noted 26 (still very high). The best KPDs are around 12 or lower.

I think the 37 number comes from adding up goals kicked by the top goal kickers against Richmond each week, but at times some goals were kicked on Astbury/Grimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Assuming no new injuries the team should be either:

1) Unchanged

2) M Crouch for Poholke

3) Milera (if both he and M Crouch are fit) for one of either Murphy, Gibson or Galluci.

I think Gibson stays. Just a strong feeling the club rates him very highly. Experience and gut running.

Sorry to intrude. I don’t believe it’s true. I’ve kept a close tally on Rance’s goals conceded and noted 26 (still very high). The best KPDs are around 12 or lower.

I think the 37 number comes from adding up goals kicked by the top goal kickers against Richmond each week, but at times some goals were kicked on Astbury/Grimes.

No doubt he's in All Australian form though. Forget the stats. Best defender in the league. Yep. Defender. Best of them clearly. No doubt about it

Curious to find out what your numbers are for him.

i think its at least these:
6 darling.
5 jenkins. (was he on someone else for jenkins 5th?)
4 melksham.
2 brown.

Curious to find out what your numbers are for him.

i think its at least these:
6 darling.
5 jenkins. (was he on someone else for jenkins 5th?)
4 melksham.
2 brown.
He was on Betts in the first quarter when Betts marked and handballed off to Gibbs for a goal, so that one is on Rance as well.

Am I the only one who thinks Tommy Doedee is Top 5 in our B&F at the moment? Has been incredibly consistent for a first-year player + is one of only 10 players to have played every game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back