Preview Changes: R10 vs St Kilda, Saturday May 21, 7.00pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Have we played all of Murphy, McAdam, Rachele, Rowe and McHenry in the same side yet this year? I honestly don’t think we have

I forgot McAdam was in the best 22.

We've definitely done all of them minus McAdam though.

Don't think they've named it yet. Probably Worrell in case we need more height.

Can almost take it to the bank it will be Sholl.

If the medi-sub is Worrell I might even hope for a light injury to brown just to see what he could do.

couldve given Rachele a week off and rewarded Newchurch for his good form and great effort..

but meh, whatever…
Nick's likes his experience of 9 games over that of Newchurch. That's why brown will never be dropped regardless of form or injury. That will make our average games played plummet.

Nick's likes his experience of 9 games over that of Newchurch. That's why brown will never be drop regardless of form or injury. That will make our average games played plummet.
we've dropped ROB and Crouch over the last 2 games. Both have stayed out for multiple games now. I get that shitting on the selection panel is funny and mostly warranted, for right now I think it's clear we could be playing much higher average games.

we've dropped ROB and Crouch over the last 2 games. Both have stayed out for multiple games now. I get that shitting on the selection panel is funny and mostly warranted, for right now I think it's clear we could be playing much higher average games.
You've gotta admit brown should be dropped. He's been awful.

If the medi-sub is Worrell I might even hope for a light injury to brown just to see what he could do.

...we'd just let Brown hobble around until the 20 minute mark of the final quarter before magnanimously allowing a younger player to be subbed on for five minutes?

You know, like with Sloane in round 2.

I like
  • one more game for Rachelle. Rest him against Geelong (or better still, forfeit)
  • Thilthorpe for Himmelberg; a better second ruck and a much better forward
  • Going one key defender short rather than bringing back Billy is a tick for me.
  • Giving our new Fab Four (Laird, Keays, Berry, Hately) another crack rather than bringing back Crouch

Luke Brown is on thin ice but we do have 15 sub 50 game players so Parnell and Worrell will have a bit longer to wait.

Next week play all the experienced guys against Geelong (that would make a season high of 11 50+ game players)……..or Forfeit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Totally agree
Darren Burgess doesn't agree.

There's a bigger issue than early career games happening here. Be patient and let the experts get him in shape first. Playing is not essential when building a body. He'll get there and we will no doubt be frustrated while we wait.

I don't see why we play Murphy. I don't think he is in our best 22 currently and he certainly shouldn't be in a few years time. I'd rather get games into someone else.
Definitely not a forward. Perhaps seeing if he can play mid.

I don't see why we play Murphy. I don't think he is in our best 22 currently and he certainly shouldn't be in a few years time. I'd rather get games into someone else.
I’ve liked him as a mid . He was never a forward

Gees Brown really is the new Mackay! I suppose every team needs a whipping boy
Have a look at how many goals he has had kicked on him this year compared to previous years.

Brown over his career has been an ultra reliable player who has lockdown the opposition's most dangerous small forward.

Up until this year, he would only have his colours lowered a few times a season. This year, he has has a few good games & the rest have been poor.

Most inconsistent form of his career. Given we are in rebuild stage, there is little point playing an inconsistent older player when we can play a younger player who we need to get games into.

Have a look at how many goals he has had kicked on him this year compared to previous years.

Brown over his career has been an ultra reliable player who has lockdown the opposition's most dangerous small forward.

Up until this year, he would only have his colours lowered a few times a season. This year, he has has a few good games & the rest have been poor.

Most inconsistent form of his career. Given we are in rebuild stage, there is little point playing an inconsistent older player when we can play a younger player who we need to get games into.
Yep brown looks past it

Not shutting down like previous and doesn’t provide much else

Looks a step behind in intensity and reaction time , first signs that he’s almost done

Chayce is ready mate replacement in that role for now , Parnell might come in and offer some improved offence back there but he’s too small still . Prob needs some exposure this year at some point though then back in the gym

Remove this Banner Ad

Back