Preview Changes: R10 vs St Kilda, Saturday May 21, 7.00pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 4, 2004
on planet Crow
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
36ers
I had to laugh the other day when Graham Cornes was on the radio and said that he would drop Brown, but move Sholl to half back.
It was such a Graham idea - almost right, but not quite.
If you want better kicking across the backlines then you add Parnell. You don't put the softest and least likely to defend player in the backlines.

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
We're deeply in love with Lachlan Murphy

Hopefully he gets some centre square time. If that high half forward role is considered basically an extra midfielder then there should be no problem running Laird, Keays and Berrry through there for a few minutes too.

I rated his game against Carlton before he went off

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
In the first half, Dawson played purely as a wingman. He played defensive side of the play and it worked beautifully. The commentators were discussing how he was blitzing Berry who had hardly touched the ball.

In the third quarter Berry was sent to run with Dawson but the key problem was they started to smack us in the clearances and were all over us.

Simple question Spackler, what position did Dawson play against Brisbane?

You're missing AFL 101. Or is it AFL 101.1?

In the modern game players very rarely to never actually have a 'position'. I would have thought a MAESTRO such as yourself that goes to so many lengths to tell people how many games you watch live would understand this.

Oct 6, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I had to laugh the other day when Graham Cornes was on the radio and said that he would drop Brown, but move Sholl to half back.
It was such a Graham idea - almost right, but not quite.
If you want better kicking across the backlines then you add Parnell. You don't put the softest and least likely to defend player in the backlines.
Corned wouldn’t know who Parnell is

Nov 8, 2021
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
You're missing AFL 101. Or is it AFL 101.1?

In the modern game players very rarely to never actually have a 'position'. I would have thought a MAESTRO such as yourself that goes to so many lengths to tell people how many games you watch live would understand this.
I’ll explain this slowly Skammer.

Elite Crow aka George Kramer initially complained about Dawson playing as a Defender against Brisbane. I called him out and he subsequently admitted that he hadn’t watched much of the match 🙄.

Players do have a “position” but unlike the good old days (in the 1960s) the role of the wingman, half back, half forward have changed. Hell, we might not even rest the ruck rover in the back pocket.

Dawson has spent time as a defender this year and opposition coaches then try to drag him deep into defence. Against Brisbane he played almost entirely on the wing. In the third quarter he spent plenty of time in the D50 because the ball spent almost all the quarter in the Brisbane front half.

Betts are off

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
It won't happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing Keays rotated out of the midfield and into the F50 a bit over the next few games. If only to preserve him a bit. Kid's got a double dose of heart and tenacity and will run himself into the ground every week, and I genuinely believe it contributes to his poor disposal.

And Ben's still a dangerous enough forward to get some value out of it, pretty sure he kicked a bunch of goals as a HHF in the NEAFL. And you know he's gonna tackle anything that moves up there.

Switch him with McHenry, or Rachele for 5 mins a quarter, or even roll Jones through from half back. Or hell, lets go crazy and change him with all 3 and get some CBA's into the next gen!

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
I thought I saw Murray line up on a wing at one of the CBs vs Brisbane, or did my eyes get that wrong?
Occasionally a rotation gets muddled up a bit when a player comes off the bench

Murray might have needed to come on but we didn't have time before the centre bounce for him to run back plus Hinge or whoever to roll up to the wing. So they start wherever and fix it up during play

George Kramer

Premium Platinum
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
I’ll explain this slowly Skammer.

Elite Crow aka George Kramer initially complained about Dawson playing as a Defender against Brisbane. I called him out and he subsequently admitted that he hadn’t watched much of the match 🙄.

Players do have a “position” but unlike the good old days (in the 1960s) the role of the wingman, half back, half forward have changed. Hell, we might not even rest the ruck rover in the back pocket.

Dawson has spent time as a defender this year and opposition coaches then try to drag him deep into defence. Against Brisbane he played almost entirely on the wing. In the third quarter he spent plenty of time in the D50 because the ball spent almost all the quarter in the Brisbane front half.
Thanks FIGJAM for enlightening me in your typical head up your arse way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Occasionally a rotation gets muddled up a bit when a player comes off the bench

Murray might have needed to come on but we didn't have time before the centre bounce for him to run back plus Hinge or whoever to roll up to the wing. So they start wherever and fix it up during play

Can 6/6/6 AFL 101 expert Ciao Giacomo please confirm this

LeftyLuke

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
It won't happen, but I wouldn't mind seeing Keays rotated out of the midfield and into the F50 a bit over the next few games. If only to preserve him a bit. Kid's got a double dose of heart and tenacity and will run himself into the ground every week, and I genuinely believe it contributes to his poor disposal.

And Ben's still a dangerous enough forward to get some value out of it, pretty sure he kicked a bunch of goals as a HHF in the NEAFL. And you know he's gonna tackle anything that moves up there.

Switch him with McHenry, or Rachele for 5 mins a quarter, or even roll Jones through from half back. Or hell, lets go crazy and change him with all 3 and get some CBA's into the next gen!
Ben kicking for goal on the run is not a pretty sight. Think McHenry but worse.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
No, you are wrong. Clearly the coaches do everything right, just look at us go.

We have made a number of selection blunders over the last couple of years, thats indisputable.

Rory on AA last night saying how great our tall forwards and rucks/relief rucks are. Combine that with a stacked midfield and it’s pretty easy to see where the blame is.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Rory on AA last night saying how great our tall forwards and rucks/relief rucks are. Combine that with a stacked midfield and it’s pretty easy to see where the blame is.
Sounds like we're in awe of ourselves down there

Gtowncrow

Cheated out of Finals
Jul 6, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'm expecting a big game from TT on his return. Getting dropped like he did means he has a point to prove to his coaches and team mates.
Hope he kicks a bag!

George Kramer

Premium Platinum
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah I heard that, I know he’s got to be positive but crikey, he’s off with the fairies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back