Preview Changes: R10 vs St Kilda, Saturday May 21, 7.00pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
I had to laugh the other day when Graham Cornes was on the radio and said that he would drop Brown, but move Sholl to half back.
It was such a Graham idea - almost right, but not quite.
If you want better kicking across the backlines then you add Parnell. You don't put the softest and least likely to defend player in the backlines.

We can add half back to the long list of things you don’t understand

SLOWNE

Debutant
Apr 10, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
ROB best on ground in the SANFL, 35 disposals, 13 clearances (!), 41 hitouts, 11 marks, 1 goal. 171 ranking points.
Crouch 36 touches, 9 clearances.

Very impressed with Pedlars game, really took it on. 21 touches and most tackles with 6.
Harry had 27 and a great first half, very quiet in the 3rd.

Parnell, Worrell very quiet.

Aug 31, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
ROB best on ground in the SANFL, 35 disposals, 13 clearances (!), 41 hitouts, 11 marks, 1 goal. 171 ranking points.

Very impressed with Pedlars game, really took it on. 21 touches and most tackles with 6.

More attention to thread needed

arsene wenger1

Premiership Player
Jul 14, 2009
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

And yet they doubled mcaseys touches. Please tell me he got injured or something

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Parnell was good.

LeftyLuke

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide

Taylor and Cook looked the classiest out there for us imo. Taylor kicked a great goal q1 and was instrumental in the last quarter in the midfield. Cook should be playing AFL. Gollant showed some skills. Schoenberg got a lot of disposals but didn't do a lot with it. ROB dominant with a lot of marks around the ground but he needs to replicate it at AFL level which he has struggled to do this year. Crouch racked them up but 21 handballs in his 35. Milera was a bit better than he has been but needs to tidy up his disposal. Parnell's offence is really good but just needs to work on his defensive stuff and get a bit stronger. Wouldnt mind seeing him on a wing but maybe they are teaching him to defend first. Worrell, Borlase, McAsey not good (I hope the club is looking into some KPB's around the league). We were in control all night except for a 15 min period in the 3rd.

Hayes commentary wasn't overly good, is anti-crows. He probably thought he was still on SEN.

Last edited:

SLOWNE

Debutant
Apr 10, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Taylor and Cook looked the classiest out there for us imo. Cook should be playing AFL. Gollant showed some skills. Schoenberg got a lot of disposals but didn't do a lot with it.

Mainly first half for Cook, thought he was on for a huge game. Little after half time. Taylor definitely has something, very good positioning and instinct.

Gollant had a very good almost game. Got to a lot of contests and had 95% of a lot of marks that were not paid or spilled.

I love Cook, love what he did at AFL, can definitely see him getting substantial midfield time in about 2 years. He knows how to use it.

Harry did enough I think, did as much as Crouch, don't mind the stat sheet.

Pedlar was the one I am the happiest with. Another preseason under Burgess and we will really see him shine. He hits it hard, might not have the size, but he will be a brute. Very much in the Dangerfield style (and disposal quality to match at the moment unfortunately).

LeftyLuke

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Mainly first half for Cook, thought he was on for a huge game. Little after half time. Taylor definitely has something, very good positioning and instinct.

Gollant had a very good almost game. Got to a lot of contests and had 95% of a lot of marks that were not paid or spilled.

I love Cook, love what he did at AFL, can definitely see him getting substantial midfield time in about 2 years. He knows how to use it.

Harry did enough I think, did as much as Crouch, don't mind the stat sheet.

Pedlar was the one I am the happiest with. Another preseason under Burgess and we will really see him shine. He hits it hard, might not have the size, but he will be a brute. Very much in the Dangerfield style (and disposal quality to match at the moment unfortunately).
Yeah I was thinking Pedlar is a bit similar to danger. I think Pedlar just needs to work on some of his decision making and composure. He can tend to rush his disposal, especially his kicking which can lead to poor disposal. I think once Cook gets superfit he's going to dominate.

Last edited:
May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Interesting that Theo is saying the players are frustrated with some of the yo-yoing in and out and that they weren't happy with Matt Crouch being dropped.

Can understand the first one, putting Nicks in a bit of a no-win situation with the latter. Though I would have to wonder if the Crouch bit was a team-wide feeling or just a select group of players who were annoyed with it. Bit of the 'ol "seniority rules" creeping in again with some of the older players?

LeftyLuke

Cancelled
Mar 29, 2022
AFL Club
Adelaide
Interesting that Theo is saying the players are frustrated with some of the yo-yoing in and out and that they weren't happy with Matt Crouch being dropped.

Can understand the first one, putting Nicks in a bit of a no-win situation with the latter. Though I would have to wonder if the Crouch bit was a team-wide feeling or just a select group of players who were annoyed with it. Bit of the 'ol "seniority rules" creeping in again with some of the older players?
Likely some of the old boys club getting their nose out of joint. Most of them will be out of the club soon. Nick's needs to keep doing what he's doing and double down.

In regards to the yo-yoing this couldn't be further from the truth. Most decent clubs have 4 or 5 changes regularly. The crows are lucky to have 2 changes and most of the time they are forced. The real problem is that some players aren't used to being dropped if they don't perform. We finally have some depth and some of the players haven't got the memo yet.

Last edited:

I'm guessing some select players weren't happy because actual standards were being set

I find it hard to believe guys like Berry, Hately, Soligo are upset at Crouch being dropped

George Kramer

Premium Platinum
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide

Where did he say that? As for Crouch, maybe the players were stoned

There was a bit on the news last night about it and

Seemed like a chasing headline story.

None of Crouch or ROB could be that surprised they were dropped as their form was poor.

It's not like they were in & out as the club gave them ample time to find form & was more than patient.

Of course they would be upset with being dropped, but they can't feel hard done by.

If they are professional, they perform well & fight their way back. It appears last night was a good start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back