Preview Changes: R10 vs St Kilda, Saturday May 21, 7.00pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe if he could hit a target he wouldn't have been?
He’s a shut down tall defender , Frampton was good at hitting targets but can’t defend ( at all )

So in terms of our list , Murray is the best option to back up Butts with Doedee our intercept / ball user then some smaller more attacking types

This could change with draft / trade but that’s how it looks at moment unless we play Doedee 2nd tall which historically hasn’t been good

with how useless himmelberg has been the last few weeks you could almost play both rob and strachan
I rate ROB & especially on a ruck like Ryder but I am coming to the view that like Rowe he needs kicks up the bum from time to time. Start him on the bench thinking that he has to win his position back.

That's pretty hard to do all game if you go at 71% DE and have 10 score involvements (his lace out dart to Tex from a centre clearance was elite). Very likely to get coaches votes and potentially poll a Brownlow vote as well, in the top 3-5 players on the ground.

No, that’s totally false. Kicks to contests are effective, having 71% ED is pretty easy with half your disposals being handballs and being able to kick to contests. That stat in no way argues against the point that was made. Only a simpleton or rampant apologist would even try.

Not saying he didn’t play ok though. Just that using that stat to argue against the fumbling and largely rushed disposal point is peak dumbness.

In : ROB, Thilthorpe, Butts, Worrell

Out : Strachan, Himmelberg, Murray, Fogarty

Nah, if Strachan earned the right to play then he earned a decent block of games. Unless there were issues with his endeavour and commitment to the cause. Your desire for maintaining the status quo is a little weird. Brown needing a spell is the very first decision that needs to be made.

we always play well against the sainters So I am suggesting a close contest

Time for the berg to head south. He has had more than enough chances to stake his claim for a spot. He has failed to do so. I think this is a great time to play two rucks as st kilda have two fine ruckmen.

I want to see Parnell in the team. I would release brown to the twos. He has had a lot more goals kicked in him in recent weeks. He provides little to no rebound and he constantly gets beaten one on one

Thilthorpe should come back in for fog but he has not played for a few weeks so maybe this is the time again when fog gets a suite of games

I would give rachelle a rest. This is either a time to give Pedlar some games or Newchurch. Murphy for rachelle is also a possibility

Murray to stay. I thought he was competitive on Saturday and deserves another set of games If butts does not come back in worrell will need to play and be a good match up against Membrey We cannot afford to be too short down back next week with king membrey and the rucks all forward

I was impressed by Hamill and Jones down back so they stay. Brown to drop out.

I like hinge but gee he was fumbly and error ridden at times. He may need a few more weeks of consecutive play though to give him his chance

I think we are
Now getting a better picture of the future and berg billy browny and crouch all look likely to be not a major piece of this architecture

He’s a shut down tall defender , Frampton was good at hitting targets but can’t defend ( at all )

So in terms of our list , Murray is the best option to back up Butts with Doedee our intercept / ball user then some smaller more attacking types

This could change with draft / trade but that’s how it looks at moment unless we play Doedee 2nd tall which historically hasn’t been good
And still we're no closer to finding out if Worrell can be an AFL level defender because unlike McAsey who has been given opportunities up forward at Snaffle level to see if it's another option Worrell hasn't been afforded that opportunity.

You would think our coaching/selection panel are unaware that he was Vic Metro's leading goalkicker at the Nationals in his draft year when switched forward. Worrell shits all over all of Fogarty, Himmelberg and McAsey when it comes to pace and athleticism.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cant believe some are calling for ROB to come back in..

strawnie needs to be given a nice block of games ffs.. let the bloke get up to the speed of AFL for gods sake before you judge him.

I didnt think he was that bad at all last night.. certainly better than the utter dogshite ROB has been dishing up for the last couple of months..

ROB needs to pay his due’s, go back to the SANFL and win his way back into the side.

Brown (to sub) out for Pedlar (Laird more time in backline)
Strachan out for Thilthorpe (let the boy just run and get involved)
Sholl out for Butts (Hamill to the wing)
I wouldn't have Brown as sub. You want a player with pace as your sub. I think the ideal player is Hamill. Inject him into the team in the 2nd half and let him go to work with his pace. Could be a game changer. At this point in his career you're not going to get a full 4 quarter effort out of him. Cook on the wing for Sholl. It's either Hinge or Hamill if we play two talls, can't pick both unless you played Hamill for Brown. I would prefer Parnell for Brown as he has better kicking disposal than Hamill. Parnell's strengths are Browns limitations.

Last edited:
Brown (to sub) out for Pedlar (Laird more time in backline)
Strachan out for Thilthorpe (let the boy just run and get involved)
Sholl out for Butts (Hamill to the wing)
Laird won't be playing anywhere bar midfield until some of the youngsters get the necessary experience/games under their belt, it's fanciful to suggest otherwise.

When does Butts iso end? Or more so when did it start?
Straight back in after iso might not be the best idea. The vid can adversely effect your stamina so he’d be no certainty to come back straight away

Out: Brown, Himmelberg (both omitted)
In: Parnell, Thilthorpe

Jones to back pocket, Parnell to HBF

Laird won't be playing anywhere bar midfield until some of the youngsters get the necessary experience/games under their belt, it's fanciful to suggest otherwise.
We have a good mix at the moment with the more experienced Laird & Keays, along with younger Berry & Hately.

Hopefully Pedlar comes up to speed soon & we also rotate others through.

Not a good idea to play a completely inexperienced midfield.

We have a good mix at the moment with the more experienced Laird & Keays, along with younger Berry & Hately.

Hopefully Pedlar comes up to speed soon & we also rotate others through.

Not a good idea to play a completely inexperienced midfield.
Taylor is one that is ready to return in the SANFL and once he puts in some strong form they may give him some games in the 2nd half of the season. They have given him a big block of running while his thumb has been healing so he should be fit. Club talks him up so they rate him.

Last edited:
Straight back in after iso might not be the best idea. The vid can adversely effect your stamina so he’d be no certainty to come back straight away

Out: Brown, Himmelberg (both omitted)
In: Parnell, Thilthorpe

Jones to back pocket, Parnell to HBF

Interestingly, Dank’s public version of the non-banned thymosin was based upon a similar principle. Something about trying to reduce the likelihood of non-symptomatic illness which significantly impedes potential performance in elite level sport.

Whether he used the banned version isn’t being suggested though.

Updated changes:
*** Butts most likely won't be available for Saints.
*** Thilthorpe probably won't be brought straight back in until he plays some SANFL. If he's ready bring him in.
*** While I'm no Frampton fan I think this is who they will bring in. I would rather bring Worrell in.

Out:
Brown Rachele Sholl Hamill/McHenry (sub) Himmelberg
In:
Parnell Newchurch Cook Worrell Gollant/Thilthore?

Jones Murray Doedee
Smith Worrell Hinge
Cook Laird Dawson
Soligo Walker McAdam
Newchurch Fogarty Gollant/Thilthorpe?

Strachan Keays Berry

Rowe Hately McHenry/Hamill Parnell
Sub: Hamill/McHenry

Last edited:
We need to trade in a quality KPD. Sicily is on the market or Griffin Logue or Alex Pearce are other options. God hep us if Butts was injured. We also require a quality ruck, a couple of explosive tall mids with skill and another quality KPF for when Walker retires. Himmelberg, Fogarty, Frampton, McAsey will not cut the mustard. If we add those key pieces we will be in contention for top 6-8.
Alex Keath

Remove this Banner Ad

Back