Preview Changes: R11 vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Hartigan in and no debut for Butts.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Harigan was rested last week, was always returning. Butts in trouble you'd think because when resting stops, he needs to get past Hartigan and McAsey. I'd like to think Hartigan is out of the side after McAsey's rest. Tex, Fog and EH is enough tall up forward, so Fish needs to play back. So Butts looks like being 2 injuries back. Maybe if Fog is dropped and McAsey returns forward he can get in.

I think after the North game they've finally realized that selecting based on reputation and seniority does not get results.
Thank you Kangas

Finally returning the Schimmelbusch favour after all these years

I’m actually fine with that... we bought him in at the end of last year.. we have nothing to lose giving him games and seeing if he has anything... it seems to have clicked for Keays.. maybe crocker is only one or two games away from a break out game.. we dont know unless we give him a run..

would way rather see his name than mookay, atkins, murphy...we already know what they bring..
Crocker has also shown he can find the goals. That's something we're not in excess of at the moment. Just needs to get it a bit more.

'Unknown quantity'?

The guy's already been delisted by an AFL club.

Ben Davis is more of an unknown quantity than Ben Crocker.

If your barometer is that he was delisted by another club, then should we drop Keays as well - who's likely tracking top 2 in the B&F?

Crocker is a more likely player to make it than Ben Davis in my opinion, kid doesn't have it. Been on our list 5 years and played 2 games.

Exactly right

Tackling is a swiftly applied Plan B

I know personal footy stories are boring, anyway, mid 30s, unfittish, resting forward pocket and got beaten to 2 crumbs within a few minutes by my direct opponent but got him HTB both times. Mate came up in the huddle and said, "you're sweating off that guy well". "I'm not sweating off, campaigner's beating me to the ball". Remember it like it was yesterday. I'm a 5'8"" resting mid and I'm getting beaten to the ball on the deck by a 6'2" back ******* pocket. Knew I had to return to decent fitness or continue to be poor. I chose the latter.

If your barometer is that he was delisted by another club, then should we drop Keays as well - who's likely tracking top 2 in the B&F?

Crocker is a more likely player to make it than Ben Davis in my opinion, kid doesn't have it. Been on our list 5 years and played 2 games.

You called Crocker an 'unknown quantity', I can't agree with that.

'Unknown quantity'?

The guy's already been delisted by an AFL club.

Ben Davis is more of an unknown quantity than Ben Crocker.
Jarryd Lyons has been delisted twice and is going ok. By worse clubs than Collingwood too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What kids would you replace him with? Mcadam and Stengle both in the side already. He doesn't have a replacement waiting to hill his shoes on the sidelines.
I was actually talking about next year but in our current side I'd say Worrell is mobile enough to play that role even though he's 7cm taller than Crock. I'd also give Davis at least 1 or 2 games as he generally looks pretty decent in the reserves.

What kids would you replace him with? Mcadam and Stengle both in the side already. He doesn't have a replacement waiting to hill his shoes on the sidelines.
Lachlan Murphy - suspended this week. Will replace Crocker next week, no doubt about this whatsoever.

I know personal footy stories are boring, anyway, mid 30s, unfittish, resting forward pocket and got beaten to 2 crumbs within a few minutes by my direct opponent but got him HTB both times. Mate came up in the huddle and said, "you're sweating off that guy well". "I'm not sweating off, campaigner's beating me to the ball". Remember it like it was yesterday. I'm a 5'8"" resting mid and I'm getting beaten to the ball on the deck by a 6'2" back ******* pocket. Knew I had to return to decent fitness or continue to be poor. I chose the latter.
and a bloody good choice it was too... putting any massive effort into sport after 35 is totally and utterly overrated IMO..

it severely eats into very good beer drinking time.. and lets face it... the basic fact is that your never gonna catch back up to your younger opponents no matter how hard you try.

Davis isn't a great point of comparison though - neither are likely to be AFL footballers in 2021.

and a bloody good choice it was too... putting any massive effort into sport after 35 is totally and utterly overrated IMO..

it severely eats into very good beer drinking time.. and lets face it... the basic fact is that your never gonna catch back up to your younger opponents no matter how hard you try.
These days I just train for drinking

Remove this Banner Ad

Back