Preview Changes: R11 vs Geelong, Saturday May 28, 1.15pm ACST @ Kardinia Park

Remove this Banner Ad

So we're going to Geelong without our two of our three best forwards and arguably our best player overall. We will almost certainly lose.

Seems like the perfect opportunity to stamp the papers of a few of our players. Like we did with Atkins, Gibbs and Knight in 2020 against North Melbourne.

Play Frampton. If he can't handle Jeremy Cameron, delist

Play Himmelberg. If he can't kick goals, delist.

Play Davis. If he can't look like an AFL player, delist

Play Strachan. If he can't beat Rhys Stanley in the ruck, delist

So we're going to Geelong without our two of our three best forwards and arguably our best player overall. We will almost certainly lose.

Seems like the perfect opportunity to stamp the papers of a few of our players. Like we did with Atkins, Gibbs and Knight in 2020 against North Melbourne.

Davis already survived the geelong Kadinia park experiment once didn’t he?

If we go for two KPDs this week I reckon Butts comes in for Hinge. We've inexplicably not picked him in previously at the expense of worse-performing players so I can see us going this way again.

Surely to goodness Rachele doesn't play. Couldn't train last week, got injured on the weekend, can't train this week.

I don't think Stanley is playing is he ?? Blicavs rucking last week.

If we go for two KPDs this week I reckon Butts comes in for Hinge. We've inexplicably not picked him in previously at the expense of worse-performing players so I can see us going this way again.

Surely to goodness Rachele doesn't play. Couldn't train last week, got injured on the weekend, can't train this week.
Burns confirmed he wasn't playing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like it that he seems to be one step ahead of the journos.

Trying to pin him down after Burns didn't indicate if Milera would be selected - like yeah but..."Where do you think if he was to get selected, he'd predominantly play?"

Burns: (wry smile) "well he's a bit of a utility. He can play anywhere can't he!"

I don't reckon you need to bother playing 1 and 3 to know that.

Unavailable - Walker, Rachele, Seedsman, Sloane

Friday Night SANFL - 22 initial side but AFL players may drop back

F Lewis Wright Newchurch
HF McHenry Gollant Nankervis
C Sholl Taylor Milera
HB Hinge Davis Parnell
B MacPherson Borlase Hall
R Franpton Schoenberg Boyle
I Sharrad Smithson macKenzie Johnson

Saturday Arvo AFL 26 man squad

F McAdam Fogarty Soligo
HF Murphy Thilthorpe Keays