Preview Changes: R11 vs Geelong, Saturday May 28, 1.15pm ACST @ Kardinia Park

Remove this Banner Ad

If we were a 5% chance with Tex, we are a . 05% chance without him. This could get ugly.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nah, Tex needs the rest, check his trajectory of disposals. Him getting a breather, as long as he’s not real crook, is a good thing for his next game.

It’s not a winnable game anyway so it doesn’t really bother me even though I didn’t don’t rate playing 2 below average Rucks

What annoys me is that it’s a game where we could trial a different forward look. Instead of that, we’ll play a combination of 2 players up forward that we’re arguing about whether they have a future in their actual role. If you’re struggling to see a future for Strachan as a ruck or ROB being anything but ordinary, then wait till you see them playing as key forwards.

It’s insane. And at the same time we’ll probably play 1 KPD against Cameron and Hawkins. I’m just hoping it’s a day game under good conditions.

What annoys me is that it’s a game where we could trial a different forward look. Instead of that, we’ll play a combination of 2 players up forward that we’re arguing about whether they have a future in their actual role. If you’re struggling to see a future for Strachan as a ruck or ROB being anything but ordinary, then wait till you see them playing as key forwards.

It’s insane. And at the same time we’ll probably play 1 KPD against Cameron and Hawkins. I’m just hoping it’s a day game under good conditions.
Let’s wait until to they pick the team though !

Re defence - won’t Butts and Murray both play ? Murray was completely hang out to dry last week by other defenders ( and potentially Straughan ) so can’t see why he doesn’t play

In the end he gave king 6 shots for 6 goals , if he’d kicked 3.3 Murray is a hero given how exposed he was

Or is butts out ?

Let’s wait until to they pick the team though !

Re defence - won’t Butts and Murray both play ? Murray was completely hang out to dry last week by other defenders ( and potentially Straughan ) so can’t see why he doesn’t play

In the end he gave king 6 shots for 6 goals , if he’d kicked 3.3 Murray is a hero given how exposed he was

Or is butts out ?

Re the KPDs, we’ve chosen to be play 1 even against 2 very obvious KPF opponents quite a lot. I think there’s an inherent philosophy that our forwards can put-height opponents but our backline is somehow immune to the same outcome.

But you’re right, I’m pretty much prophesying the worst case scenario that should be a 0% chance of occurring. Problem is I reckon we’re a fair chance to do it. 2 rucks I reckon is near 100% and a toss of the coin regarding 1 or 2 KPDs.

Re the KPDs, we’ve chosen to be play 1 even against 2 very obvious KPF opponents quite a lot. I think there’s an inherent philosophy that our forwards can put-height opponents but our backline is somehow immune to the same outcome.

But you’re right, I’m pretty much prophesying the worst case scenario that should be a 0% chance of occurring. Problem is I reckon we’re a fair chance to do it. 2 rucks I reckon is near 100% and a toss of the coin regarding 1 or 2 KPDs.
Comes down to we don’t want to select McAsey Frampton or Borlaise as key defenders right now I think is main point . Mcasey is playing forward , Frampton basically put a line thru his own name by not even competing against Carlton and Borlaise they must not think is up to it

But we will select Butts and Murray you’d think , can’t get my head around dropping Murray after the Saints game

Some people think we are going in too tall in forward line , others too short with small forwards …. There’s also just lack of talent ( yes just like the mids )

Gollant had 18 possessions and was lively in sanfl . Is it best to play him or let him work on a few things before another shot I’m not sure

Comes down to we don’t want to select McAsey Frampton or Borlaise as key defenders right now I think is main point . Mcasey is playing forward , Frampton basically put a line thru his own name by not even competing against Carlton and Borlaise they must not think is up to it

But we will select Butts and Murray you’d think , can’t get my head around dropping Murray after the Saints game

Some people think we are going in too tall in forward line , others too short with small forwards …. There’s also just lack of talent ( yes just like the mids )

Gollant had 18 possessions and was lively in sanfl . Is it best to play him or let him work on a few things before another shot I’m not sure

Gollant is a ? that’s worth discussion. But if the first decision is to call up ROB after a huge SANFL game in ruck and not drop Strachan because he’s been not noticeably worse the last 2 games then we don’t even get to discuss it. We plonk a ruck in the forward lines, end of discussion. Gollant’s name doesn’t even enter a convo. Nor does giving Worrell a crack, McCasey another go that he might take or a structural change that improves our defective output.

Instead of opening up learning opportunities, we’ll be choosing to share a KPF role between what seem to be average AFL level rucks. Or one average one and one hopelessly out of form.

It’s anti-development, pure and simple. If this happens it’s because they desperately want ROB back but are too pissweak to drop Strachan after matching his output over his last 2 games.

Gollant is a ? that’s worth discussion. But if the first decision is to call up ROB after a huge SANFL game in ruck and not drop Strachan because he’s been not noticeably worse the last 2 games then we don’t even get to discuss it. We plonk a ruck in the forward lines, end of discussion. Gollant’s name doesn’t even enter a convo. Nor does giving Worrell a crack, McCasey another go that he might take or a structural change that improves our defective output.

Instead of opening up learning opportunities, we’ll be choosing to share a KPF role between what seem to be average AFL level rucks. Or one average one and one hopelessly out of form.

It’s anti-development, pure and simple. If this happens it’s because they desperately want ROB back but are too pissweak to drop Strachan after matching his output over his last 2 games.
Yep , I’m still going to wait for selection though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was that Schoenberg on Murphy at the bounce, Murphy running to receive h/ball from Milera...... Schoenberg lost his UBD, as for Laird ....... what
Was that ROB vs Strachan there....Maybe that's why ROB is in blue and Strachan in yellow..

Hit out to advantage right there. :p

True

As have others for taking the p1ss out of Laird

I don’t think anyone takes the piss out of Laird, or Keays, note that their weaknesses as senior and highly regarded players are fervently discussed. Having coaches state that our midfield is, “stacked”, despite including broken down Crouch and Sloane at the time plus the best 2 having questionable hurt factor.

Reality is that Laird and Keays have been the least of our worries in terms of current performance. But it’s embracing mediocrity to ignore why neither belongs in the top 2-3 spots in an actual contending midfield. They both have obvious strengths, but that’s simply not enough.

I don’t think anyone takes the piss out of Laird, or Keays, note that their weaknesses as senior and highly regarded players are fervently discussed. Having coaches state that our midfield is, “stacked”, despite including broken down Crouch and Sloane at the time plus the best 2 having questionable hurt factor.

Reality is that Laird and Keays have been the least of our worries in terms of current performance. But it’s embracing mediocrity to ignore why neither belongs in the top 2-3 spots in an actual contending midfield. They both have obvious strengths, but that’s simply not enough.
Not too many issues with that , we literally have the worst talent in our midfield of any club perhaps for years

it’s just funny that some people are more immune to criticism than others

I’d rather not have a go at a midget who hasn’t got power to break through 3 tackles burst away and hit a forward on a lead but has a crack week to week and another guy keays who probably busts his arse as much as any player we’ve ever had

And I agree I am too Fogarty centric , it’s just that he’s an easy target (as are the ones that stick up for him incessantly )

Not too many issues with that , we literally have the worst talent in our midfield of any club perhaps for years

I’d rather not have a go at a midget who hasn’t got power to break through 3 tackles burst away and hit a forward on a lead but has a crack week to week and another guy keays who probably busts his arse as much as any player we’ve ever had

And I agree I am too Fogarty centric , it’s just that he’s an easy target (as are the ones that stick up for him incessantly )
When it comes to immune from criticism on here from some it’s Hamish. He’s built the midfield that’s the worst in the comp. He’s left us without a young developing ruck. He’s left us short on quality KPD and KPF and he’s the one who has wasted first rounders. The blokes we criticise don’t draft themselves, someone is responsible for that.

I don’t think they’re sticking up for him. They’re understanding the development curve. Claiming Keays or Laird as league wide A graders whilst calling time on a sub 30 gamer is an incredibly arguable call.

Personally, I think Fog is done with us and can’t succeed unless he’s at a club that values uncontested marks in their 50.

When it comes to immune from criticism on here from some it’s Hamish. He’s built the midfield that’s the worst in the comp. He’s left us without a young developing ruck. He’s left us short on quality KPD and KPF and he’s the one who has wasted first rounders. The blokes we criticise don’t draft themselves, someone is responsible for that.
I agree

I’d blame Keays and Laird less and Hamish more

I don’t think they’re sticking up for him. They’re understanding the development curve. Claiming Keays or Laird as league wide A graders whilst calling time on a sub 30 gamer is an incredibly arguable call.

Personally, I think Fog is done with us and can’t succeed unless he’s at a club that values uncontested marks in their 50.
We can respectfully disagree on the bottom bit

There are no uncontested marks I50 without either burst speed or huge work rate

Or a strategy that values the lead and is prepared to entertain the risk for the reward.
It’s probably best for me to let it unfold , I’ve made my opinion clear and are quite biased

If he can integrate into another team and start playing well including taking uncontested marks then I would have been proven wrong

Or a strategy that values the lead and is prepared to entertain the risk for the reward.
I will make one point to this , McAdam is looking v good on lead and getting hit up quite nicely last 2 weeks , plenty of uncontested marks

It’s also coincided with his work rate improving from last year , so maybe Fog can do the same and I’ve just written him off too early

It’s a case where I’d be delighted to be made to look like a fool in future , wouldn’t be the first time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back