Preview Changes: R11 vs Geelong, Saturday May 28, 1.15pm ACST @ Kardinia Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Playing two rucks is not the worst option. I mean what do we lose if we replace Fog with ROB in the forward line?
Marking? Nope.
Goals? Nope.
Pressure? Nope.

Will be funny when we have Tex, TT and ROB all sitting in the F50 while we kick long and high down the wing to McHenry and Murphy though.

According to VB they’re thinking of playing two rucks this weekend

Gotta be worth a shot imo
Could be worth a try. ROB played at centre half back for much of the year before being drafted IIRR and Strachan can play forward, helping to bring the ball to ground. Both are pretty mobile for big men. Could help us get the ascendency in the middle as the game progresses also with in effect three ruckmen if we include Thilthorpe. Fog would be the one omitted I would think.

That’ll teach me to listen to Rowey then.
Formerly AFL listed 200cm 101kg and built like a brick outhouse.
Been added today to the list of players that AFL clubs have requested a medical on for the upcoming Mid Season Draft. Might even be is showing interest given he's a genuine Forward/Ruck.

Given Hamish has flagged our interest in Lachie Carrigan previously he might be a chance.
An athletic 191cm outside mid/winger/running back, quite similar profile to Luke Nankervis
MID-SEASON DRAFT MEDICALS LIST
Connor Ballenden (Woodville West Torrens)
Jacob Bauer (North Adelaide)
Josh Carmichael (West Adelaide)
Lachlan Carrigan (Richmond VFL)
Jai Culley (Dandenong Stingrays)
Kallan Dawson (Williamstown)
Massimo D'Ambrossio (Western Jets)
Wade Derksen (Peel Thunder)
Mutaz El Nour (Northern Bullants)
Oskar Faulkhead (Bendigo Pioneers)
Ethan Grace (GWS Academy)
Hugo Hall-Kahan (Sandringham Dragons)
Max Ramsden (Sandringham Dragons)
Brynn Teakle (East Fremantle)

Last edited:
Formerly AFL listed 200cm 101kg and built like a brick outhouse.
Been added today to the list of players that AFL clubs have requested a medical on for the upcoming Mid Season Draft. Might even be is showing interest given he's a genuine Forward/Ruck.

Given Hamish has flagged our interest in Lachie Carrigan previously he might be a chance.
An athletic 191cm outside mid/winger/running back, quite similar profile to Luke Nankervis
MID-SEASON DRAFT MEDICALS LIST
Connor Ballenden (Woodville West Torrens)
Jacob Bauer (North Adelaide)
Josh Carmichael (West Adelaide)
Lachlan Carrigan (Richmond VFL)
Jai Culley (Dandenong Stingrays)
Kallan Dawson (Williamstown)
Massimo D'Ambrossio (Western Jets)
Wade Derksen (Peel Thunder)
Mutaz El Nour (Northern Bullants)
Oskar Faulkhead (Bendigo Pioneers)
Ethan Grace (GWS Academy)
Hugo Hall-Kahan (Sandringham Dragons)
Max Ramsden (Sandringham Dragons)
Brynn Teakle (East Fremantle)
Don't mind the idea of Carrigan. Has something a bit different to most of our squad and is a good risk/reward option.

I'm surprised someone like Casey Voss doesn't get a look in. I know half backs are easy to find, but Voss has been exceptional this year and has high level skills. He could surely play AFL.

It has been clear for a few weeks that he was flat. Should have been rested at least 2 weeks ago. Could then have played 2 weeks and still had a two week break. We just have to get smarter in resting guys where needed.
Tex is also struggling. We do the same thing every year. He starts great, looks a million dollars and then 5 weeks later looks like he is running in glue. We need to be proactive giving him a break here and there to keep him fresh.
Given we are next to no chance of winning this week is rest him now.

Apparently Dawson got a burst eardrum on the weekend?

I do remember a knock where he was holding his ear afterwards, now that I think about it

Is Matt Crouch actually finished as a player?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be worth a try. ROB played at centre half back for much of the year before being drafted IIRR and Strachan can play forward, helping to bring the ball to ground. Both are pretty mobile for big men. Could help us get the ascendency in the middle as the game progresses also with in effect three ruckmen if we include Thilthorpe. Fog would be the one omitted I would think.

Anyone that thinks that ROB and Strachan sharing time ahead of the ball is a good idea hasn’t got the slightest clue about football. You cannot out-height the opposition to success. Quality in the role remains the most important aspect. Neither those 2 are worth a pinch of s**t at AFL level playing forward of the ball.

But I expect we’ll pull the trigger on this dumbness.

I didn’t realize it was called Kardinia Park again.
The locals still use that name. The ground is part of a larger sporting precinct known as Kardinia Park. The actual stadium has had many commercial names over the past two decades or so but other than fixtures etc, it will always be known by it's historic name.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back