Preview Changes: R11 vs Geelong, Saturday May 28, 1.15pm ACST @ Kardinia Park

Remove this Banner Ad

rob's numbers pretty much dictate he gets picked. they wanted a response and he certainly did. strachan wasnt bad at all tonight. dont think fogarty followed up after last week at all. jones was pretty mediocre. rachele probably gets a rest at least with his injury

out: strachan, rachele, fogarty, jones
in: rob, butts, pedlar, sholl

Out: Rachele (rested), Fogarty, Strachan, Brown
In: Cook, Gollant, O'Brien, Butts

One of our smaller defenders has to make way for Butts, it's either Brown, Hinge or Jones and I choose Brown. Hamill was quite good

Rachele subbed off and could do with a rest, for Cook, who is very talented and should be playing

O'Brien for Strachan, he destroyed the SANFL.

Fogarty has to be dropped, and Gollant is the obvious in. I'd prefer to back him in.

Sholl back to SANFL level, not as the sub. Davis can be the sub. Don't bring Crouch in.

In :
Cook, Taylor, Gollant, Himmelberg, Butts, Frampton

Out:

Rachele Fogarty Murray Brown Sholl Rowe

Jones Butts Doedee
Smith Frampton Hinge
Cook Laird Dawson
Soligo Walker McAdam
Murphy Himmelberg Gollant

Strachan Keays Berry

Taylor Hately McHenry Hamill

Last edited:
Out
Rachele and Strachan out and one of Murphy, McHenry, Rowe.

In
Butts, O'Brien and Milera. Crouch is a no, Pedlar isn't AFL fit, Schoey is still struggling and Parenll and Taylor too light. If not Milera then maybe Macpherson shifting Hinge or Smith more up forward

We simply can't keep playing Rowe, Murphy and McHenry. Soligo outperformed all three of them tonight.

I think it is time for Milera because our forward half line up is horrendous.

Newchurch is another or Worrell up forward.

Nicks needs to learn that we are just killing ourselves forward of centre with the current line up, and I'm not talking about forwards

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s time to try two rucks. Strauchnie and ROB can give us some real ruck power. Strauchnie was good and ROB played well on the weekend they come in for fog who just does not do enough

I think Rochelle may need a rest and i think he may be injured. It’s time to bring in newchurch to see what he has to offer. Some pace and goal kicking ability. If it’s not newchurch it could be Milera

Butts needs to come back in to give our defence more balance. I would take one out of Murphy or McHenry to allow this change for a better balanced side. These two have to go because they simply cannot kick goals when it is their time. They cost us games again and again

I want us to bring in Parnell and cook ASAP as they are good ball users and decision makers

It’s time to try two rucks. Strauchnie and ROB can give us some real ruck power. Strauchnie was good and ROB played well on the weekend they come in for fog who just does not do enough

I think Rochelle may need a rest and i think he may be injured. It’s time to bring in newchurch to see what he has to offer. Some pace and goal kicking ability. If it’s not newchurch it could be Milera

Butts needs to come back in to give our defence more balance. I would take one out of Murphy or McHenry to allow this change for a better balanced side. These two have to go because they simply cannot kick goals when it is their time. They cost us games again and again

I want us to bring in Parnell and cook ASAP as they are good ball users and decision makers
Rachele is injured. He won't be playing next week. Cook was the most dangerous forward of centre in the sanfl. He's most likely to come in along with Gollant I would say. They could give Newchurch a run but he wasn't overly impressive in the SANFL. Milera was slightly better but still has a way to go to get to full match fitness. Pedlar and Taylor were impressive, especially Taylor. Worrell, Borlase and McAsey weren't good in the SANFL.

Last edited:
I'd be picking Strachan again. I have more faith in him than ROB.
As much as anything it's that ROB needs a month in solitary.

Those last couple of non-efforts from him were completely unacceptable from anyone, let alone from a player in our leadership group.

No do-over just because of one good SANFL game. Needs to serve his time.

Those last couple of non-efforts from him were completely unacceptable from anyone, let alone from a player in our leadership group.

Yep

Making a selection statement isn’t just dropping a senior player for a week and bringing him back in because he dominated one game, it’s about keeping them dropped until you see improvement over a course of games. Then you can have a bit more confidence they’ll come back into the side and won’t turn to s**t again

ROB was back there to learn to dominate at AFL level. Not dominate at SANFL level.

Last edited:
In - Out
Butts - Brown... no consistency
Gollant - Walker... managed
Cook - Rachele... managed

B: Jones, Butts, Doedee
HB: Smith, Murray, Hamill
C: Soligo, Keays, Dawson
HF: McHenry, Thilthorpe, Rowe
F: McAdam, Fogarty, Gollant
R: Strachan, Berry, Laird
I: Hinge, Hately, Cook, Murphy

How about we sort our structure out first?

Playing four small forwards but having to play them 80m out from goal because our mids/wings/half forwards lose too many contests leaves us screwed when the hack kick inside 50 inevitably comes.

Then there's the shitshow inside our defensive 50. Brown and Hinge can piss off.

Out. Mchenry, murphy, fogarty, brown

In. Worrell, parnell, cook, butts

And id be prepping borlase to play in murrays spot if he does not lift this week v geelong. I want to see newchurch get s crack soon too

It really is beyond time to cut to the chase and expose more youth for tge underperformers

I'd be happy with this, Rachelle needs a rest, Gollant I think is a much better fit than Fog in our forward line.

Would also like to see Cook come back in, not sure who else to drop out.
I can think of five I would oust for Cook. You gotta get games into your future elite players. Cook and Soligo can switch between wing and half forward. Gollant in for Fog is a better structure. Move Dawson to a wing, Cook and Soligo on the other wing. Pedlar should come in and switch between wing and forward. Automatically more dangerous. Taylor is another I would bring in after 3 or 4 good games in the sanfl. He is a really skilled. Just needs to put a bit of size on.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back