Preview Changes: R12 vs Western Bulldogs, 2020 - Sun @ 12:25

Remove this Banner Ad

Craig Jennings said during the week that he rates Nicks extremely high tactically and can see that we are trying to move the ball faster than previous seasons.
But Nicks needs to pick enough players who move the ball quickly.

Picking all of Talia, Hartigan, Kelly & Brown in our backline is going to slow our ball movement & make our forward line even less effective.

Fog would want to lift his game. McDonald kicked 3.2 with 6 marks and 15 disposals today for Perth.

He'll have a great opportunity to lift by doing absolutely nothing during the week as there's no reserves football and few scratch matches

He was injured prior to coming back in recent, what’s that got to do with mismanagement?
This right now is the mismanagement, don't be daft.

After having so little exposure and no chance of getting any in a lower comp, he gets dropped to teach him a lesson or some crap?

You reckon that's good management of a key asset on our list?

Come on don't be an idiot

He'll have a great opportunity to lift by doing absolutely nothing during the week as there's no reserves football and few scratch matches
I think his attitude needs a major re-adjustment. If he's not careful his career will be over before it began. He's making it real easy to load up on talls in this years draft especially with McDonald dominating and looking like a top 3 pick.

He's barely played this year

He barely played last year

"His entire career" sheesh

Hopeless coach and coaching group still desperately trying to claw a win. Don't give a sh*t about development because they're more worried about getting sacked.
I keep harping on about it but DEVELOPMENT has concerned me for some time

Picking all of Talia, Hartigan, Kelly & Brown in our backline is going to slow our ball movement & make our forward line even less effective.
I’ve already said we should’ve brought in Worrell instead of Kelly, that selection makes no sense to me. Brown has been better at the moving the ball faster in recent weeks.

I’ve already said we should’ve brought in Worrell instead of Kelly, that selection makes no sense to me. Brown has been better at the moving the ball faster in recent weeks.
So you agreeing that Nicks selection is poor... because this selection is going to make scoring harder.

Hence I question his football IQ.

Spot on. And it’s not the defensive line up (when also added to Smith) of a rebuilding side.

I’ve said it before, but unfortunately we destroyed the positive culture to the point we felt we had no choice but to draft & extend the contract of charismatic characters like McHenry and Davis. Shame they can’t football at AFL level.

With the exception of Kelly, happy with those changes. Surprised they dropped Fog though.

I'm not. Fog was undisciplined. Strong sharp selection is way better than the softly softly conservatism this club has shown for years and years. The club needs toughness in its football culture.

Edit: sorry premature post.....I should have read further posts.

Last edited:
I'm not. Fog was undisciplined. Strong sharp selection is way better than the softly softly conservatism this club has shown for years and years. The club needs toughness in its football culture.
We've always been pretty tough on the younger players

So you agreeing that Nicks election is poor... because this selection is going to make scoring harder.

Hence I question his football IQ.
It’s one selection, I’m not going to judge his tactical ability based on one selection I disagree with. I think Worrell will play before the end of the season.

Scoring will be harder with this selection? We have scored a massive 10 goals in total over the last two weeks. Despite the improvements, our scoring isn’t going up.

There are still 8 players with less than 10 games in this team, and our midfield mix looks a lot better with Sloane, Laird and Keays. ROB, Keays and Murphy are all still young and with less than 50 games.

Given how small
It’s one selection, I’m not going to judge his tactical ability based on one selection I disagree with. I think Worrell will play before the end of the season.

Scoring will be harder with this selection? We have scored a massive 10 goals in total over the last two weeks. Despite the improvements, our scoring isn’t going up.

There are still 8 players with less than 10 games in this team, and our midfield mix looks a lot better with Sloane, Laird and Keays. ROB, Keays and Murphy are all still young and with less than 50 games.
We have replaced McAsey with Talia, a long with Doedee for Kelly... which inbalances our defence.

Talia, Hartigan, Kelly & Brown should never be selected in the same side. Our winning record is woeful with them all playing defence... because they all move the ball slowly.

Hence I worry we have a coach lacking footy IQ.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tex should have been dropped
It's over
FOG should be given the forward line to himself with instructions to roam where he wants .

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Nothing that a good talking to in the coaches office during the week wouldn’t fix

What's to say that didn't happen before the last game and had no effect?

Face it His lack of discipline was disgusting and he needed a kick up the arse. Tex was not good, but at least he was far more disciplined

Wow Darcy Fogarty dropped, * they just cannot get it through the thick skulls down at the club.

I'd love someone to explain to me what purpose dropping Fogarty serves whatsoever? Please go ahead.

Given how small

We have replaced McAsey with Talia, a long with Doedee for Kelly... which inbalances our defence.

Talia, Hartigan, Kelly & Brown should never be selected in the same side. Our winning record is woeful with them all playing defence... because they all move the ball slowly.

Hence I worry we have a coach lacking footy IQ.
They were all there in 2017 when we finished top, can you please produce this evidence that our winning record is woeful with them and that it’s solely down to selecting them together? I don’t want Hartigan or Kelly playing either, but selections on the whole are trending in the right direction over the last 3 games and promoting the future.

I think his attitude needs a major re-adjustment. If he's not careful his career will be over before it began. He's making it real easy to load up on talls in this years draft especially with McDonald dominating and looking like a top 3 pick.

Oh yeah, I'm sure all of the other clubs will totally blacklist him to assist us in finger wagging at him. It's not like he'll walk right into a contract at a better club and have a substantially more successful career or anything.

Tex was able to curb it somewhat and use his aggression to attack the footy and not the man, that’s what we need from Fog.

Tex losing his aggression has substantially hampered his effectiveness for us tbh. This is a terrible opinion.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a rough nut in your team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back