Preview Changes: R12 vs Western Bulldogs, 2020 - Sun @ 12:25

Remove this Banner Ad

Butts in for Hartigan
Talia in for Doedee + McAsey to the Doedee role
Davis in for Lynch
Murphy in for Crocker
Sloane in for Mackay

(BTW, the formula coming out of my left ear is the one to use...seriously!)
Warning: Non-Maths-nerds, please ignore/move on. Nothing to see here.

I've been looking at your numbers for about 15 minutes :think: .

If a team has a 10% probability of winning any game, it has a 90% chance of losing. So (as you said), losing all 17 games has a probability of 0.9 multiplied by itself 17 times ie (0.9)^17 = 0.167 (to 3 dec. places) ie 16.7%, and on the face of it, you're right.
Problem/question: where does the 10% chance come from (or the 20% of later speculation) and why would it be the same, week after week?
I'd say the Crows have a 5% chance or maybe even less of beating the top 8 sides and varied odds of beating any of the others. Your conclusion:
All up I would say that a winless 17 game season is about 5-6 times more likely than a winless 22 game season.
needs to be more like: "The Crows have the spoon sewed up" ;) .

This is so dumb, you think the Roos performance where we barely got the ball forward of centre was due to Tex missing? With that depth of analysis, I'd consider you a Kristof alias. Our conversion of inside 50s to scores is actually better (not by much) when Tex doesn't play. He has no value outside of his onfield footballing performance.
You seem to have a way with abusing people who have a different opinion to you. Try not to be so abusive. Rather than this is so dumb a simple " I cant agree with this" would be more effective.

Now you can go back and re-read my post. I clearly say that the opinions of others on here ;;;;;;;

Now please go back into your dark whole and stay there until you can be more civil.

This is so dumb, you think the Roos performance where we barely got the ball forward of centre was due to Tex missing? With that depth of analysis, I'd consider you a Kristof alias. Our conversion of inside 50s to scores is actually better (not by much) when Tex doesn't play. He has no value outside of his onfield footballing performance.
His absence was more felt arranging the forwards so there wasnt a cavernous space down the middle where their kick-outs got to on at least 3 occasions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading the conjecture about Davis having is papers stamped I recall thinking he showed something in his 2 games but was about 10kgs away from AFL - he's currently listed as 187cm 85kgs which isn't too bad on paper and isn't he contracted until end of 2021? He was also one of the surprise debutantes in a period when the crows didn't debut anyone so they must see something in him.

Does anyone know anything about Ronin O'Connor? "Standing at 191cm, Ronin O’Connor is an inside bull with an excellent work rate and massive appetite for the contest" sounds great is he AFL ready, anyone seen him play?

I'm still thinking the Crows are shopping off someone else, not Brad.
I'm thinking it's the other Crouch.

Brad seems like a loyal bloke, he knows we've stood by him through a lot of issues and if we bring a reasonable deal to him he'll stay. We won't need to pay him a huge wage.

Possibly why Matt has fallen off a cliff? Especially if a deal was done early
Matt was a 100% better last week than he's been the last 5 weeks ......at least he tried to create, rather than simply "hot potato" the ball

That said, I would be overjoyed if we traded Matt

Brad seems like a loyal bloke, he knows we've stood by him through a lot of issues and if we bring a reasonable deal to him he'll stay. We won't need to pay him a huge wage.
Loyal, or has an Adelaide girlfriend ?

Possibly why Matt has fallen off a cliff? Especially if a deal was done early
Perhaps yeah.

He's the easier to replace IMO. Has more runs on the board arguably, but a slow, inside mid in an already slow inside leaning group is replaceable.

What?
He was shopping himself around last year and more than willing to leave if offered crazy contract.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back