Preview Changes: R13 2019 v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Perfect time for a number of young players really.

Get a couple in the side while everyone is confident

Plus, who knows what the impact of having someone young and exciting can have on a squad. May just be the ticket that takes us to the next level for a few weeks.

Atkins was great , half the board has blinkers on

Name a wingman that for both sides that was better than Atkins ... there wasn’t

He even won 2 crucial contested balls when it mattered

Yeah I agree with this actually. Atkins’ 19 disposal game tonight was 800% better than his 27 disposal disaster last week. If he played like he did tonight every week he wouldn’t be a whipping boy.

Remains in the side for now.

Was never the type of player NC was going to play, I blame the recruiters for offering something that was never going to happen. I sure hope NC wasn't part of that.
It's ancient history but I was in Melbourne the week after that Saints game when Tambling smahed that Sainter and got suspended. I saw the Craig presser where he said that's not tough blah etc blah. Meanwhile I watched Melbourne get absolutely destroyed in the press and I knew we'd get smashed that week. One of the most piss weak coach pressers I've ever seen. Would have never seen Clarkson throw a player under the bus like that. Was the moment Craig was done for me.

Does the weather( pissing down) and Richmonds lack of tall forwards make Hartigan susceptible to be dropped?

Ido think Douglas should go but can see him getting another week

Out: Hartigan (weather/match-up)
In: Mackay

FFS I hope we dont have the fiasco we did last year to the Pies and went too tall.

We really need to be smart with our selections here, Tigers do play good wet weather footy.

The conditions will help them a lot, its going to rain heavily the day, the day of the day of the game and the day after.

Im not sure who makes way, but I think having we need to play according to the conditions first, then the opposition. Talia goes to fake Lynch, so Hartigan doesnt have an opponent. No point having a tall attack if its raining heavy and they have smalls.

Does the weather( pissing down) and Richmonds lack of tall forwards make Hartigan susceptible to be dropped?

Ido think Douglas should go but can see him getting another week

Out: Hartigan (weather/match-up)
In: Mackay

Hartigan is playing better footy than Talia, and is significantly quicker than Talia. So no.

Mackay should not play under any circumstances.

Murphy and Atkins both did enough tonight to hold their spots after both being highly questionable selections against GWS.

Douglas is an absolute no-brainer omission. He was a complete disaster.

Greenwood is clearly going to struggle to hold his spot too. I love him, but he was dropped for tonight’s game, he then came in and was mostly terrible, and now there’s a 5 day break and he’s not the fittest bloke at the club by any stretch.

I predict...

Out: Greenwood, Douglas
In: Gibbs, Jones

What Don said was they had intendedto rest Greenwood and Mackay so they would have some fresh legs against Richmond. Bran Nue Mackae is absolutely certain to play against Richmond.
Imo, we will manage Seed for Mackay.

Greenwood to remain as a forward if Lynch still injured... but would like to see Davis, but won't happen.

Gibbs for Douglas.

Hartigan is playing better footy than Talia, and is significantly quicker than Talia. So no.

Mackay should not play under any circumstances.

Murphy and Atkins both did enough tonight to hold their spots after both being highly questionable selections against GWS.

Douglas is an absolute no-brainer omission. He was a complete disaster.

Greenwood is clearly going to struggle to hold his spot too. I love him, but he was dropped for tonight’s game, he then came in and was mostly terrible, and now there’s a 5 day break and he’s not the fittest bloke at the club by any stretch.

I predict...

Out: Greenwood, Douglas
In: Gibbs, Jones
I predict you are going to be disappointed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon the game will be similar conditions to the Eagles game. Quite wet leading up to the game but not so much during. Will be interesting to see how we select.

FFS I hope we dont have the fiasco we did last year to the Pies and went too tall.

We really need to be smart with our selections here, Tigers do play good wet weather footy.

The conditions will help them a lot, its going to rain heavily the day, the day of the day of the game and the day after.

Im not sure who makes way, but I think having we need to play according to the conditions first, then the opposition. Talia goes to fake Lynch, so Hartigan doesnt have an opponent. No point having a tall attack if its raining heavy and they have smalls.
My sons on a kayaking school camp, unlucky boys, going to get drenched.

Do posters just write jones and mchenry because they dont know any other names i actually watched the game yesterday and thought 3 or 4 players would be a chance before them jones had a better game than mchenry and we have seen him in the afl and he needs more development he simply isnt ready

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Who would you bring in for Douglas?

Probs lynch if ready or gibbs wilson pohlkoke

All had good games

This Wilson fella is very interesting. Seems to be able to rack up possessions around the 30s regularly but what seems to be stopping him from getting games at AFL? Maybe he’s too similar to Polhoke?

Also liked Davis’ game in yesterday’s match. Would like to see more of Davis in a few AFL games this year.

Reckon the game will be similar conditions to the Eagles game. Quite wet leading up to the game but not so much during. Will be interesting to see how we select.
Most probably going to be a mix of rain and non-rain periods. Best to select a team to suit wet weather footy.

Wi
Probs lynch if ready or gibbs wilson pohlkoke

All had good games

Wilson keeps racking up big big numbers and is in the best most weeks but seems a million miles away from selection. There must be something the powers to be don't like about his game or maybe they drafted him purely to help the SANFL team. If the latter is the case then at the end of this year will they please give him back to the mighty double blues as they need him more

Douglas, Greenwood and Seedsman out.

Mackay, Gibbs and Davis/McHenry/Jones in.

Do posters just write jones and mchenry because they dont know any other names i actually watched the game yesterday and thought 3 or 4 players would be a chance before them jones had a better game than mchenry and we have seen him in the afl and he needs more development he simply isnt ready

McHenry has had some excellent weeks. They tried him in a more outside role yesterday. Which is fine, but I'd rather we settled him into the role he'll ACTUALLY play in the AFL.

In any event, it's not like the best player in the twos automatically gets a game. That one game isn't that relevant.

McHenry has had some excellent weeks. They tried him in a more outside role yesterday. Which is fine, but I'd rather we settled him into the role he'll ACTUALLY play in the AFL.

In any event, it's not like the best player in the twos automatically gets a game. That one game isn't that relevant.
Most would think you wont the AFL to have the best team in

Those in the best form and playing well like gibbs probably deserve a crack

Development is an option like they did with jones but discovered he wasnt up to it yet and needed more time inbthe B s as for mchenry his problem will be consistency as it showed yesterday so obviously needs more development after all it is his first year in the list

Players should be picked on form would you not agree

Remove this Banner Ad

Back