Preview Changes: R13 2019 v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

https://m.afc.com.au/news/2019-05-23/davis-following-in-lynchs-footsteps

In this article he mentions playing on the wing, and I’ve certainly observed that too.
However he also confirms what I’ve seen and that’s that he plays a very much “between the arcs” game once the ball is in play.
I really can’t think of many that would be a less like/like than McAdam. I say that in terms of fitness, style and current position played. No knock on him but he’s no Lynch replacement IMHO.

I watched Ben very closely in the first half against Westies and he played the wing in exactly the same manner as Atkins and Seedsman. Our other wingmen (Jones and particularly McHenry) were often out of position and didn’t provide the defensive support required by our game plan.

I was surprised to see McAdam playing as a high half forward. Perhaps they are using this to build up his fitness. Earlier in the season he was playing much closer to goal (like Stengle). McAdam did look very classy and despite my eagerness to see how Davis would go in the AFL, I would back McAdam to have more impact.

Of course this is all pissing in the wind when we have an exciting young prospect like Bran Nue Mackae waiting in the wings.

They always want everything their way, that's why I always call them the most self entitled club in the AFL.

Give us Danger and Ablett for a reasonable price, but we'll hold Tim Kelly to his deal unless you pay the king's ransom because losing him doesn't suit our club.

Hypocrites with a capital H.
I would hope our club would do the same. Teams exist to do what is best for them not be purveyors of morality.

I would hope our club would do the same. Teams exist to do what is best for them not be purveyors of morality.
We have no one to blame but ourselves (Noble) for handing over Dangerfield for a 'reasonable' price.

A good illustration of why admin and assets should maintain a professional arms length of separation.

I watched Ben very closely in the first half against Westies and he played the wing in exactly the same manner as Atkins and Seedsman. Our other wingmen (Jones and particularly McHenry) were often out of position and didn’t provide the defensive support required by our game plan.

I was surprised to see McAdam playing as a high half forward. Perhaps they are using this to build up his fitness. Earlier in the season he was playing much closer to goal (like Stengle). McAdam did look very classy and despite my eagerness to see how Davis would go in the AFL, I would back McAdam to have more impact.

Of course this is all pissing in the wind when we have an exciting young prospect like Bran Nue Mackae waiting in the wings.
We can certainly agree that the fresh legs of BN MacKay will win out in the end

Despite the article re Lynch mentoring Davis, Ben Davis has not been playing the Lynch role. For at least the last three games Davis has spent 90 - 100% of ToG on the wing. Earlier in the season he was playing as a marking forward but subsequently moved to a high half forward when we had a boat load of tall forwards in the Twos and then to the wing. I am not suggesting that he can’t play that role but he hasn’t played it very much.

The closest like-for-like in the Twos is McAdam and I would not entirely dismiss the possibility that he is a chance. I have been a big fan of Ben Davis since I first saw him at training, prior to his first game in Crows colours. He played very well on the wing against Westies and it would not be ridiculous to swap him for the SEED ( but we all know Bran Nue Mackae will be selected).
I think I did swallow in the Davis role upon the media statement - literally

Yes Davis was playing foward for a significant half of the season

I only go off what I say from the APP
So Thankyou ground coverage is a very critical tool to apply

Davis also pushed into the top of the 50 and had a couple of shots on goal. To my eye he was definitely playing the Lynch connecting role including those diagonal kicks inside. Thought he played it well apart from the goal kicking.

But yeah Dmac

When do we get the teams? It'll be soon won't it?

The selections have improved to the point where I cannot be sure what we will get tonight. Douglas MIGHT be dropped. Someone other than Mackay MIGHT come in. One of our young players MIGHT be called up.

When do we get the teams? It'll be soon won't it?

The selections have improved to the point where I cannot be sure what we will get tonight. Douglas MIGHT be dropped. Someone other than Mackay MIGHT come in. One of our young players MIGHT be called up.
One good change might be offset by a bizzare one. Probably

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just my opinion but I reckon that is spot on.

Our % is already shot so we can't rely on that to make the 8, we need wins. and losing this game wont have a massive impact because of the results falling our way last week.

This will be a carbon copy of last weeks game for us.

Our pressure will be there abouts in the first quarter, and you will run over the top of us from the 2nd quarter onwards.

if you don't win by 30+ I'd be shocked.

One of Walker or Jenkins is going to have Garthwaite on them who is just a young kid being thrown in the deep end as we have no choice, I expect those 2 will kick a decent amount of goals tomorrow unfortunately.
I get what you’re saying, but, Richmond need wins so are conceding one?

I think I did swallow in the Davis role upon the media statement - literally

Yes Davis was playing foward for a significant half of the season

I only go off what I say from the APP
So Thankyou ground coverage is a very critical tool to apply
I think it’s important to note that in the article Ben himself is directly quoted as saying that he has been playing the Lynch role. He couldn’t have been any clearer.

I think it’s important to note that in the article Ben himself is directly quoted as saying that he has been playing the Lynch role. He couldn’t have been any clearer.

And Lynch often plays high up on the wing. Especially when play is exiting our, he's usually on the logos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back