Preview Changes: R14 vs Gold Coast, Sunday June 19, 2.50pm ACST @ Metricon Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Dropping one of our better players Hinge & keeping in arguably our worst performing player Crouch is mind boggling.

We just need to get Dawson back to a wing & Hately back in the guts... so I would play Laird in defence.

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
How do you reckon you guys are going to line up in the backline?

Rankine - Parnell
Ainsworth - Hamill
Holman - Smith
Jeffrey - Doedee
Chol - Murray
Casboult - Butts
Pretty even, maybe Rankine ahead of Parnell as a one on one.

This is our best back six all year and isn't too bad.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
WWTFC,Chelsea,Glasgow Celtic,Lech Poznan
May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
We were too small last week, and Butts for either Hinge or Hamill was the obvious move.
The obvious move was Butts into the backline for Dawson, with Dawson moving further up the field

Every team we play against would be delighted to see Dawson line up down back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
I've been pretty loyal to Nicks & co but this selection shits me as it's clearly not based on any football evidence. Crouch is easily the most ineffectual player in our team. Furthermore, if looking to the future, it's abysmal for development.

I'm off to open another bottle now... Spilt most of the first one when I read the final teams.
Over It Reaction GIF by Saturday Night Live
It's clear to me now that Nicks' selections (Crouch in, Hinge out, Dawson back AGAIN), like his game "plan", are part of his loss-minimisation strategy which is more about saving his own neck than developing the side.
At the end of the year when he's asked about win-loss and ladder position he'll be able to squeak:
"Yeah, we lost a lot of games, but we didn't get annihilated by anybody", then smile that big ole smile of his.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
The obvious move was Butts into the backline for Dawson, with Dawson moving further up the field

Every team we play against would be delighted to see Dawson line up down back
He's 5th in the league for marks per game, 8th for kicks and 6th for metres gained per game, I don't think there's any team who's happy to see him anywhere on the field. He causes trouble, especially down back and teams have to counter him, especially if he starts getting off the chain.

maxlilly

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2009
over here
AFL Club
Adelaide
He's 5th in the league for marks per game, 8th for kicks and 6th for metres gained per game, I don't think there's any team who's happy to see him anywhere on the field. He causes trouble, especially down back and teams have to counter him, especially if he starts getting off the chain.
If he was getting those stats as an attacking wingman, I'm sure teams would be a lot more concerned, getting them in D50, not so much

George Kramer

Premium Platinum
Aug 30, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Reckon he’d cause teams lots of trouble delivering to our forwards and kicking the odd goal

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
If he was getting those stats as an attacking wingman, I'm sure teams would be a lot more concerned, getting them in D50, not so much
Starting scoring chains from the back half can be a huge source of points, it's how we scored heavily in 2016-17. To pretend teams are less concerned with Dawson when he's in the back half of the field when they have clearly made efforts to man him up because of the damage he's causing is silly.

Reckon he’d cause teams lots of trouble delivering to our forwards and kicking the odd goal
He's 4th at the club for I50's for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back